Movies and Shows - What do you recommend?

I will definitely check this out. There aren’t enough movies that depict the desperation of the Great Depression. But since you brought it up…Cinderella Man is an excellent flick. It’s also set during the depression, although it’s a boxing moving. And speaking of that, Million Dollar Baby is fantastic as well!

1 Like

Sounds great. I think I have seen Cinderella man, but I have seen so many movies I forget. I am watching Lawless again right now. Will be the third time in 4 days lol.

Narcos on Netflix is good!
Justified is also a good show.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Million Dollar Baby is a good flick. I watched it a few weeks ago. Have you seen Trouble with the Curve? Another Eastwood hit.

Nope, not seen any of it.

Cinderella Man is based on a true story. You know how that goes. It’s about a local hero fighter from Bergen, NJ, James J. Braddock. There is some bio info about him here - http://www.jamesjbraddock.com/

For those that liked Cinderella Man, have any of you seen Southpaw?
I really enjoyed it and Jake Gyllenhaal was good in it.

So I thought I had never seen this. Then I turned it on Netflix and yeah, saw that one too :frowning: But you’re right, it is a fantastic movie and Shia Labeouf is one of my favorites.

I don’t usually watch bloodthirsty/violent shows, but i just finished watching season 1 and 2 of Vikings’ for the second time … brilliant storyline and fantastic acting, altho I’ve not heard of the cast before watching this … so looking forward to S3
Also watched 3 seasons of Ray Donovan … will there be another series?, we’re usually yrs behind the US for most shows ( i’m in Oz)

2 Likes

100% absolutely correct…amen, and right on! That show is enthralling. Also I really like looking at Lagertha.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, Ray Donovan was great!
Looks like it has to have another season, I hope.

They renewed it for a fourth season :slight_smile:

1 Like

Black Sails any good? Watched the first couple episodes last week not really sure how I’m feeling it yet.

Stopped Dexter at season 3, dudes sister has finally just been too repetitive idk that I could do another season w her :unamused:

But she’s so freaking HOT!

1 Like

one word …GOONIES!!!

2 Likes

Ill Check out the bastards executioner. Started watching merlin just could not get into it… i will bring some thing back to you.

1 Like

Ragnar does it for me … Oooh, those evil eyes! , and that body , drool :flushed:

I know everyone’s from all over here, so not sure how it airs believe its Canadian, and I know this is one that’s hate it or love it… But sorry Julian Ricky And Bubbles are where its at… TRAILER PARK BOYS

1 Like

Don’t forget Phil Collins!

1 Like

Reviving this after catching a few flicks on Netflix the past couple days…

Killing Season is a good movie. It came out in 2013, but I never saw it til today. It has Robert De Niro and John Travolta. Really good flick.

Get Low is another good one I had never seen. It has Robert Duvall in it and worth a watch.

1 Like

Man in the High Castle is pretty damn good.

2 Likes