ELR Home   Create recipe   Resource page   My recipes/favorites

MTL’r chucks some tits to see what all the fuss is about…

There is the Nautilus Mini 1.8 ohm BVC coil. And the Triton Mini 1.8 ohm Clapton coil. The Triton Mini coils are compatible with the nautilus mini atomizer, and work in the Kabuki clones too. You can see the Triton Mini 1.8 here - its the one with the yellow/orange insulators https://www.vapeshop.com/aspire-triton-mini-coils-pack-of-5/

Both are vertical MTL coils, but the similarity stops there.

The 1.8 ohm Triton mini coil is more open in air flow compared to the Nautilus mini 1.8 BVC. The Triton doesn’t have the same flavor density (I guess that’s the best way to describe it) as the 1.8 ohm Nautilus mini coil - there is less flavor density on the Triton Mini coil. But, it doesn’t have that off cotton taste that the newer OCC nautilus mini coils have either. A touch more open airflow (but not too open after dialing down the airflow on the Kabuki), and longer life are the reason’s I switched to it from the nautilus mini 1.8 BVC’s. The nautilus mini coil just doesn’t work all that well over 10 watts. But the Triton mini coil will handle an extra watt or two too without torching the cotton. Whether that is from better wicking, or more uniform heating across the coil I can’t say.

Everyones different in their preferences though.

PS: I’m not sure the Triton Mini coils fit in the original House of Hybrids Kabuki, but they fit in the clones.

If you try them, vape a few ml’s through it before passing judgement on their flavor. The triton coils take a few ml’s before they season.

EXACTLY what I’m experiencing - and 10W on these coils just doesn’t produce the rich flavour I like. Thanks…