My DIY adventure and questions

500mls, I dont vape it all by myself, I divide it 3 ways for 2 mates of mine. Its sometimes hard to find time for diy that is why I take the 500ml route.

Hmm I like the idea of the rotation process that you mentioned @CallMeTut & @Mark_Turner. I will have to give this a try.

Is it a good idea to hand shake the bottle? rather than using a magnetic stirrer or milk frother ?

3 Likes

You make the new batch in the 240ml original after steep? but does it alter the taste or anything? or any change whatsoever? Let me know, I want to take this route.

As @Mark_Turner mentioned it’s known as using a “seed”. You mix your new batch into part of an older batch (usually the same recipe). It seems to help in the steep times a bit, I do it 50/50 (50% well steeped batch and an equal amount of the same recipe), although I have heard some people mix the new batch into as little as 20 or 25 percent of the older batch and they say they have good results also.
You may also wish to look at making a “stone” which is basically mixing the flavors of the recipe together, just not the additional pg/vg/nic, this will allow the flavors to meld together a bit. I have done this with a couple creams and it works nicely, you would use the stone as an ingredient, cream stones and such are pretty common, but there are a few people that have strawberry stones also.

8 Likes

Can you elaborate a little more. I am very interested in this. Or point me in the right direction.

Still so much to learn :smiley:

A little info about seeds and stones are here:

An example of a stone that @Alisa made (and I use every so often) can be found here:

8 Likes

Tried to li k e thus, but my lack if status here would not allow it. Thank you for elaborating.

Not a problem, learning diy isn’t hard, but it is pretty intimidating. Your always second guessing yourself and wondering if “your doing it right”. There is no real “rights” or “wrongs” with the few exceptions:

1. Safety first… use gloves if you need to.
  2. If you heat things, watch your temps, some things degrade when heat is applied.
  3. Keep notes, if you make a perfect flavor that you love, your going to want to repeat that.
  4. Ask questions, you might not get an answer, but it can’t hurt to at least ask.
  5. Everybody tastes things differently, you’ll hear “taste is subjective” often, because it is.
2 Likes

Also typing this from a phone, and it looks like I am illiterate as hell. I am not just the phone makes it look like I am.

2 Likes

Autocorrect is the Level!

…damnit Devil :wink:

6 Likes

Skully’s not new to mixing jus to our forum. I invite60 d him over from another forum. He’s been mixing for hell almost a year I think. I think all he’s asking about is seed steeping.

@Skullblade789
To seed steep you make say a 120 ml bottle and steep it then fill a 60 ml bottle out of it. add the balance to like a 240 ml bottle and make another 180 ml batch shake the hell out of it as usual. The 60 ml of steeped juice will speed the steeping of the new juice you just added to the bottle.

Yeah Skully’s not dumber than a rock not quite anyway. :skull:

I’ve done it several times, but usually with maybe 20% or so of steeped liquid and 80% new. With that ratio what I notice more than quicker steeping is just a stronger snv flavor. So instead of it being super dull right after mixing it has a little oomph of flavor in there already. I’ll have to try doing 50/50 as I’m sure that would be helpful for getting it to step faster, especially in larger batches. Now…question time. How many times would you use a “seeded” (can’t think of a better word… Lol) liquid before starting over fresh? My only concern with seed steeping would be if you do it over and over again over the course of say, a year, by then end of the year you’d have lingering amounts from that very first batch which would make me wonder about the quality of the nicotine. So is there a cut off time where you stop using the seed and start over?

2 Likes

Yep I have at least 80 to 90 recipes under my belt now. Keeps growing as my pallet changes wildly.

On my phone also :slight_smile:
That is a good point also as ya know some flavors fade over time, if your basically reusing the same based mix I would think it would change some of the properties over time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t go over 4 or 5 months of seed steeping at most. More likely 3 months. then do a batch and a half so when you start vaping the first you could seed the second.

1 Like

Thanks for your help.

Your help is appreciated as usual.

Hopefully I am helping others here.

Yeah Auto correct drives me ducking crazy

:grin:

2 Likes