My intro and questions

Hello there folks,
I’m from London, but currently reside in Barcelona where a student of mine turned me on to vaping. I’ll tell my story below for those who can be bothered to read it.

I have never smoked cigarettes and rejoiced when the smoking ban came into effect in the UK.
However, I had always liked what found out to be pipe smoke - at least the flavoured tobaccos. So, I started smoking a rock-filtered pipe which I bought in California when I was about 19, only intermittently because the ‘filter rocks’ were expensive so I left it after a while. Of course the ash and pipe itself stank like shit afterwards - as did my breath I guess; and I never got the same taste as the smell I’d previously experienced following a pipe smoker down the street.
I had brief dalliances with pipe smoking since then, but am now quite far from 19!! and recently found out about vaping - damn!!! This is exactly what I have been looking for. The possibility to get the flavour without the carcinogens and stink. Plus the DIY and gadget aspects blew my middle-aged mind! hehe.

I have always vaped no nic.

Now I have a two mods and one on the way, six attys with another on the way and loads of kit!

One question - I can’t seem to create recipes on the database part of this site without nicotine content. Is there something I’m missing or am I doing it wrong?

Love to all yous.
G

9 Likes

there is a section that asks what nic amount just put 0 and then the calcualtor will do all the work

7 Likes

Just set desired Strength to zero and it will have no nicotine

3 Likes

so go to create recipe , then where it says Desired strength put a 0

4 Likes

way better explanation ty

3 Likes

Np, we all here to help…

4 Likes

I’ll give that a go. Thanks!

2 Likes

mightvape lol , have you decided yet ? weather or not you will vape

2 Likes

Thanks so much to both of you who have responded.
I’ve since added a recipe to the other section of the site :slight_smile:

@fidalgo_vapes - yea man, I’ve been vaping since December last year. It seems my account is on hold though. Any idea why?

4 Likes

My first post has been ‘flagged by the community’ - WTF? because I wrote the word sh*t when referring to the smell of pipe ash perhaps? Isn’t this meant for a mature audience anyway?
Hmmm :unamused:

3 Likes

your account is on hold ??? i do know that it will take a few posts b4 you can do certain things in the forum but as far as an account being on hold we will have to summon

@JoJo @woftam or @Ken_O_Where

these are the moderators and can answer these type of concerns anything else dont hesitate to ask any of us and welcome

2 Likes

by the way, it’s ‘mightvape’ because my online name is ‘mightlife’, but I thought I’d mix it up a little for this site.
Here’s my YouTube channel , check it out if you are into unconventional synth music (or motorcycling - older videos).

4 Likes

The system flagged your post it wasn’t anyone here first post should be unhidden and the topic should be visible now. Since you introduced yourself and asked a question I won’t merge it with the introduce yourself thread.

4 Likes

Hello.
You’re very welcome to merge it. TBH, I couldn’t find an “intro’s” forum/ thread.
No worries.

4 Likes

welcome back

4 Likes

Found it now I guess :wink:

2 Likes

And then ya go and say “WTF”…man you inna a world of shit now!

8 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined. Zero nic here, so your not alone.

2 Likes

Welcome @mightvape. Vaping isn’t always about quitting smoking. Oral satisfaction is soothing …and while nicotine is a stimulant it can also have a calming effect. For me, vaping helps to not yank shitty drivers out of their vehicles in traffic …which has been a big plus for Society as a whole. A-hole cuts you off or almost crashes into you by rolling their stop sign? …the old Anger Mgt. advice was “count to ten”, but I just take a couple puffs …which is 5X more efficient. So you see from a Scientific standpoint Vaping can make your life up to 5 times more efficient and can end Global tensions!

I vape @ 2mg nic

4 Likes