My Perfect Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer

My favorite RDA’s are those with the snake bite & honeycomb style Airflow eg the (Drop, Bonza, Recoil, Mini Buddha v2 by Vaperz Cloud even the Riot by Anarchist. to name a few,

Is it that a conical design assists with a good travel pattern for vapor bringing little disruption to flavour molecules one of the keys to great flavor (correct me if im wrong). I think post design may not have a lot to do with flavor, but again i could be wrong, but more to do with coil alignment and placement, which would have an effect on variety, size and different builds.

This is the part where i ask…im putting it out there…WHAT MAKES THE PERFECT RDA. if i was to break it down, the depth and make up of flavour begins at the scale and mixer, how it is then translated to the pallet through Hardware is the question im asking.

is it something that cannot be answered, is it to much of a complex issue to be discussed… some would say the Drop was the RDA of 2018, i disagree, i still to this day love love love my recoil with the snake bite Airflow, whats your perfect RDA, where do your preferences lye, what is the make up or blueprint of the perfect atomizer…

3 Likes

For me, the perfect RDA has 2 things- bottom airflow that is not milled into the side of the atomizer and the top cap is short. With these type of atomizers I get the best flavor.

2 Likes

You should really check this guy out. He is brilliant. He does scientific experiments on airflo and coil building. I put a video below, because you mentioned the Recoil.

4 Likes

Snapdragon 2 if you can find one.

It’s everything. Simply put, coil build and placement wicking and so on.

The reason why I love the goon v1 is because I can install simple round wire ss316l coil builds ohm around 0.21, close down the airflow, get the coils close to the airflow and it’s just great. Where with some rdas you just can’t do that…

Like the drop, from my impression it does better with a Clapton build or zipper pimple dragon balls build.

And if anyone is interested the rebel recoil is very close to a goon with bakery liquids. Not as good wit bright fruits…for which I suspect is because the chamber is bigger…but yeah I like my rebel very much.

2 Likes

I will get the Rebel some day. I have the recoil and I think the Rebel has got to be better.

I like the top cap with the 4 airflow holes and cut it down to 1

1 Like

IMHO bigger is better and bottom airflow is best, with honorable mentions to the 30mm Modfather and Ally RDAs. The 25mm BAFC Cigreen Gear gives me the best flavor at high power. Like @Chrispdx said though everything matters. For my use with simple spaced coils and hemp wick it goes att size, airflow, coil position, wick. I dont vape bakery or custard, just fruits and teas at 40% PG.

I dont understand why people like the goon. For me its not even as good as the plume veil clone I bought in 2012. I gave my authentic goon away, quickly. If it had 3 posts it would be 2012 technology at the latest. I know I speak heresy, but I seriously dont get it.

2 Likes

I agree with you on the Goon. It’s an ok rda but I don’t get what all the hype is/was about it. I’ll take my Sherman over the Goon any day.

1 Like

My perfect RDA:
Obviously lots of flavor and a good airflow (from unrestricted to MTL) that is easily adjustable and leak proof (unless you turn it upside down).
Big and wide clamps for posts that take just about any type of coil without twisting the legs, something that’s good for small micro coils as well as wide spaced fancy coils. Preferably a postless deck but that’s no must.
A reasonable juice well so you don’t have to drip/squonk every 5s…

1 Like

I actually watch his reviews pretty often. The man knows his shit. Saw one the other day when I was binge watching YouTube. He did excellent, and made it to where even a child (over 18 yrs old) could understand. Im almost sure it was on the Dead Rabbit or the Phobia.

2 Likes

I have watched a few of them. Even tho i dont own any rdas he discussed, it makes u think whats going on inside take that knowledge to one u own. Someone mentioned revisting older rdas that they passed off as bad and using the information to gain new respect fo it. You see a lot of peps blaming the rda/rta for bad flavor/vapor when its them to blame. You really have to build and power each one differently

3 Likes

That’s :100:% the bottom truth. You can have the most expensive RDA or Least expensive RDA. It’s really about the build that’s under the hood and how much airflow depends on the individual. Cloud chaser vs Flavor chaser. You can have airflow from here to eternity. But if your build is for chasing clouds and your a flavor savor, not going to get the flavor like you want. And vice versa, I’ve seen high ohm builds and people running them at 150 Watts. When in reality they shouldn’t be over 40 Watts. A flavor build for instance, and there wondering why the Juices taste like S**t. You got a flavor set-up and can’t even taste anything in your profile because also there wicking coils is wrong. Not enough cotton,too much cotton. Cotton tails are literally stuffed in the juice Wells.
With that said I’ve got a Phobia RDA with airflow slots everywhere inside I’ve got both my coils sitting over each airflow and also being hit from the airflow from behind the coil
But it’s super restrictive MTL. When you would think it’s supposed to be airy. Well lo and behold the airflow slots on the outside are so small,you can’t pull anything in. In order to push anything out. The design in my opinion on the Phobia sucks or I got one that got overlooked over in the Quality Control Department lol
I haven’t even begun to put a build on the Dead Rabbit, And it’s gotta be one of the simpler RDAs to throw one on. Reason being I don’t feel up to building anything, nor do I feel like doing anything, except for mixing. Been mixing, screwing up !! ie; mixing by weight. When your Recipe calls for .31 grams. By God when you unscrew the top to your Fuji Apple and you go to drip drops in your measuring device of choice, make sure the nipples on the bottle first. It was only a 3 Flavor Recipe but it was the last ingredient and I dumped somewhere between 4-5 mls. Needless to say I pretty much wasted all my concentrates. Know exact way of knowing what exactly was dumped in there with the rest of the Concentrates. Moral of the story !! “Always, check your nipples before you take your top off !!”

3 Likes

Yup. My checking my now…pretty firm…it’s cold here. Lol. But yes we have all had that happen

1 Like