My vaping evolution, where I started and where I'm at

… that being said, I’ve got to get me an Aromamizer though. Still contemplating whether to get the Supreme v2 or the Plus but I definitely have to get me one soon :smiley:

5 Likes

BOTH!!! well worth it

6 Likes

Why decide. Indecision is the best decision, in cases like these.

7 Likes

This is as close as I could get. That cigarette looking thingy is the exact one I bought. It only took a couple days, to realize it wasn’t gonna cut it. So I got a round battery and then the Itaste.

Luckily for me, I had made up my mind that vaping was gonna help me quit. I would have given up after that cigarette thing, but my brother was able to quit with vaping, so I new it was possible.

11 Likes

One of the oldest pics I could find. I started with a EVOD and a I guess a clearo? The one with the silica wicks. I was proud of this Vision Spinner and tank upgrade back in 2014

8 Likes

Like others here I started with a couple of EGO C4 sticks, even though they were probably already outdated when I stopped smoking about 2.5 years ago, but I didn’t know any better at the time, didn’t have any friends who was vaping and hadn’t discovered forums like this or reddit yet, so I pretty much bought them blindly. I was never really satisfied with them, and I also had to replace both after they broke in my pocket, not to mention that the crappy charger overheated and short circuited on me, there is still a mark on the outlet where it happened.

They were however good enough to keep me off the stinkies, and I stuck with them for about 9 months, until I decided to update to an eLeaf internal battery mod (iStick 80W) … which died on me after about 2 months and never even worked properly before that :rage: I should have returned it to the shop after the first problems occurred, but never got around to doing so and when it completely died it was too late for that.

I then bought another internal battery mod this time from Joyetech (eVic VTwo) … which also died on me after only a few months :cry: This one however worked perfectly until a juice leak found its way into the usb port. Not sure I can blame Joyetech for the juice leak, but I can blame them for putting the usb port right under the tank :rage:

Having 2 mods die on me within a few months was quite a bit of a setback, as I’m sure you can imagine, in fact I bought and smoked a pack of cigarettes when the eVic died. By now I had however discovered both reddit, youtube reviewers and other forums, though not this one yet, and knew much more about vaping gear, so when I saw a DNA mod (HCigar VT75) on sale for a very reasonable price, I didn’t hesitate for a moment before ordering it, and the VT75 still works perfectly, and is part of my daily rotation.

I now have several mods, RTS’s and RDA’s, but getting to this point have been a bit of a journey.

9 Likes

I have that VT75 with the 26650. Totally loved it, but the battery door stripped and I can’t use it anymore. Totally sucks.

5 Likes

Haven’t had that problem, but the adjustable pin in the battery door stripped a long time ago, fortunately you don’t really need it.

Apart from the bottom where the paint is starting to wear of, and the adjustable pin, mine still looks and performs like it was brand new :star_struck:

5 Likes

After a couple days with the A2 atty, the coil was roached so I went to the B&M to get some new ones. Side note, I was so new to vaping that I didn’t know it had a coil or that it would need to be replaced. Anyway, they had none so I bought my first ‘real’ tank, the Nautilus. It had adjustable airflow, held 5ml… I thought I was a real vaper!!! :sunglasses:

Then I was taught about sub-ohm…

6 Likes

I started with a ego aio vape “pen” and a 15ml bottle of 50/50 citrus store bought juice.

Things have changed…

Today I have 50+ mods, haven’t counted the atties, a stainless restaurant style work table, lights, magnifiers, took kits, milliohm meter, oscilloscope, build meter, gallons of PG and VG, a mini fridge full of flavors, magnetic stirrer, homogenizer, bottles, flasks, beakers, syringes, ultra sonic cleaner, chargers, test loads, K type thermometer, scale, micrometers, wire spinner, ammo case of wire, home made atty stands, probably 30+ batteries of different sizes, dedicated stand for close up filming and things I’ve yet to rediscover.

I’m not sure what happened…

16 Likes

Not sure either but I do know one thing, NO MORE ANELOGS

8 Likes

I haven’t got any of my old gear anymore. All the Ego style things I started with I have given to other people to make the switch to vaping.

They would break them in no time and went back to cigarettes and were only looking for me to replace their broken shit for them for free. :tired_face:

I gave up on those people.

10 Likes

Is there any place i can go to meetings for this disease??? I only started a year ago really vaping… I now have drills, vices, PURE nicotine… This is just out of hand!!! I can’t even vape it unless Im vaping fraliens…

If it didn’t take so long ah I’ll just tell you…

Kangertech top box kit. And a wismec indestructible. Lol dripping the first day with pre made “alien coil” I bought for 6 dollars. Was a cheap demon killer fake alien.

I week later a movkin desguiser, a day later a noisy cricket v2. Movkin was huge but not too bad. I stuck with the noisy cricket for a while. I still vape it. I love series builds but I have to be in the mood.

Now, I build my own box mods, have 3 under my belt, build coils for myself and friends, diy juice actually happened by surprise. Actually a friend saved my butt. I hit some really hard times recently and had to diy juice or I’d prolly be smoking now. Really helped me out. I can follow Recipe and I’m making my own stuff now too. I’m really thankful for this.

I also have over a year clean from IV fentanyl/cocaine / alcohol. Life is hard, but atleast I’m not spending Christmas holding a homeless sign on an overpass. Higher power is great. I love my heavenly father.

8 Likes

Bravo my friend. Bravo! Quarter of a century clean two weeks ago. You can do it.

As far as the disease of shinyitus, embrace it, lol. There are worse hobbies a person can have. As I’m sure you have noted, it’s fascinating once you dive down into it. Would love to see one of your box mod builds when you have a chance.

Keep your eye on the prize.

5 Likes

I had to go in my mancave to find my stuff, started nov-dec 2012, everything still works, have replacements for kayfuns etc. my old DNA 40’s where my workhorses, see the paint wearing off !!

12 Likes

Wow, nice collection. You don’t get rid of anything do you? :+1:

3 Likes

I don’t understand what that means. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Nah, i’d figure I put it in my Historical Memorial Museum one day !! and besides that, I don’t throw away shit !!!

3 Likes

I won’t have pics until later this week but yea I started with a ego than on to a evic vt and surprisingly it worked for a while until like everyone else the USB stopped charging.
I then machined a custom block of magnesium and stuffed a dna75 board In it.

Then bought my 250c paranormal as soon as it debuted and am currently working on a 250c board in a custom titanium case, unsure if I’m going to go the normal 18650/26 bats or a li-po. Use the kennedy rda or my custom rda

Make my own juices and coils and man oh man is it addicting… but better than smoking that’s for sure… plus I get to control what is in every juice and every build which calms my OCD lol

8 Likes