N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

I can only help with one detail and that is the Celestial Seasoning tea will work wonderfully.It can be used the same as tobacco’s.
I have a few tea NET’s that I purchased and they are wonderful! I too am following @Kinnikinnick and the others about the process as I am going to have to learn to make my own.

3 Likes

You can use 1 oz of tea to 150 ml of PG put it in a mason jar and warm it in a crock pot at 120 for 8 hours take it out and let sit in a dark place for 1 month. Than filter it down to 2.5 microns and use it in your mix at 10% to 15%

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve read how he did it with the loose tea but I wondered about using the actual bags. That’s my fault for not being more specific in my questions. How much VG should I use for a whole tea bag, if that part is feasible. Could I use PG since it carries flavors better or is it best to use VG? Are there any special filters I’d need or are coffee filters good enough? Will keeping it in the original bag increase the steeping time?

2 Likes

I don’t see why you couldn’t do an extraction with tea in the bag. :grinning: I just took the tea out of the bag to get a firm weight on the tea leaves I was using in the process. At the time, it was very much an experiment, so I was trying to keep track of exactly how many grams of tea to solvent for future macerations.

I’ve used alcohol (PGA), PG and VG as the solvent in macerations; they all have their uses. Use which ever you would like to use. After the tea sits in the solvent for a month, it’s going to flavor the solvent, no matter what it is. :wink:

I’ve found tea leaf macerations need much less of a finer filtering process than tobacco leaves (i.e. tea leaves are less gunky than tobacco). So, coffee filters should be fine for you; coffee filters are roughly a 20 micron type filtering ratio. You can filter the extract as many or few times as you want…there are no rules. But, the more you filter the maceration, the more particulate matter gets caught by the filter (i.e. less foreign crap in the end product).

I would think not. But, I just like the fact that there’s nothing between my leaf and the solvent…“free range” leaves! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Use a bit more solvent than you need to use; you are going to lose a bit of extract to the filtering process…those coffee filters can be greedy!

5 Likes

Thank you soooo much! You guys are so much help! I’m going to try Wild Berry Zinger first. ~Salutes~ I shall report back around Halloween good Sirs!

3 Likes

Yay you! :grinning:

Keep us informed of your progress; take pics and notes; sometimes you get caught up in the moment and forget to record what the hell you did! :pensive: I know that for a fact, 'cause I’ve done it way too many times myself.

3 Likes

I’ve got some American Spirit and a few La Paz cigars in a jar. I just put enough PG in so it is all covered and stuck it in a cupboard. Didn’t use any heat this time, just see what time is going to do. It’s been standing for 3 months now and I’m planning to leave it for at least another 3, if I can hold out that long. :wink:

3 Likes

They truly are , I am soaking all of this in as these NET’s are truly wonderful.I am enjoying a couple of teas at the moment .One is a Herbal Holiday tea , that I believe to come from Celestial Seasonings and the other was simply labeled Organic Assam tea.Both are a lovely vape but the Herbal Holiday tea has the most wonderful clove flavor that is awesome.
I have found that I am enjoying the NET’s that have a little spice.
The Man O War cigar is a good example it has a delightful black pepper spice in the background.I ordered FA Black Pepper just to see if I would like it with other mixes.

2 Likes

You can do it… just spend all that waiting time coming up with other mixes and sticking a few more tobaccos into jars for the future! That three months will fly by. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That one is on my list! :yum:

2 Likes

@Kinnikinnick Yes I’m kind of tedious about taking notes so I certainly will. Pictures I might forget but I’ll stick a post-it to my tea stash, lol.

@BoyHowdy How much tea/VG did you use? How much do you mix into the juice? Celestial Seasonings is one of my favorite brands. Hopefully the holistic benefits carry over into vaping the stuff.

1 Like

I haven’t made any NET’s myself to date. I purchased over 60 various Pipe and Cigar Tobacco’s as well as some tea’s plus a vanilla , strawberry,hurricane ,and a chocolate raspberry mousse from a place named myvapejuice.com .
The ones I have used to date I have mixed at a 15% total flavoring.I think that is about the norm from what I have read concerning the main flavor notes.I have used the Vanilla as a complimentary flavor at 5% and it works well.
They had a going out of business sale thanks to the FDA and their new regulations designed to keep the big pharmaceutical and tobacco companies profits safe by eliminating competitors that deliver a healthier and more economical product. :rage:

2 Likes

Oh, I thought you made them yourself. Well, we’ll all be making it ourselves if the FDA has their way. It’s small comfort to know that unflavored juice isn’t horrid but flavors are better. It’s nice to know there are some flavors we can extract ourselves.

2 Likes

I could not agree more!I went into this thinking about the future , we all know that flavoring will always be available but still I figured knowledge is power so to speak.
What I did not figure on is how wonderful these true extracts are.I have only tried about three or four store bought tea mixes and only perhaps ten more tobacco vapes.

I decided to get a few synthetic tobacco flavors for myself and to help a couple of family members that vape only tobacco mixes.I only mixed three of those before @Kinnikinnick posted about the closing sale at myvapejuice.com .

I took advantage of the sale and I wish I had bought more.Here we have a flavor that has been meticulously picked and paired to make a truly outstanding Pipe , Cigar , and Tea blend and we have to do nothing but wait for the flavors to extract.I fully intend to pick up an AeroPress and some of the filters mentioned earlier in this thread.

The hard part is time from reading all the detailed notes about the procedure.I am fortunate that I was able to see the finished product so to speak so I know it is very much worth the time and effort.I am certain if others could do the same we would see a much bigger following but luckily we have all the information needed to get the job done!

3 Likes

That’s very true, I mostly forget that I have it. Only when I happen to stumble upon it taking shit out of the back of the cupboard. It’s not like I have nothing else to vape :grinning:

3 Likes

Once I began to stagger the process of tobacco macerations, after a while, something is always ready to come out of the steep closet department and hit the filter department. :grinning: Sticking one or two tobaccos in a jar per week starts the ball rolling.

If the tobacco stays in the steep closet dept. for longer than its supposed to… Who cares! It’ll probably be better off!

Finally! A good use for procrastination! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Took advantage of some free time yesterday and fired up the cooker.

D&R Picayune
P. Stokkebye 84 Turkish
H&H Anniversary Kake

These three have been on my list for a while now; end of October goodness.

3 Likes

Finally our flaws have a purpose :grinning:

3 Likes

Oh, we’re not flawed :triumph:

We just do what we want to do, in our own sweet time. I like to refer to this as “selective advancement”. :grinning:

4 Likes

3 more in the Crock Pot :sunglasses:

3 Likes