N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

Thanks bud. And I assume to much too thinking every time I see the letters PG it means propylene glycol.

Ok, so I didn’t do any heating. But I can certainly bring this up to 150 easy enough.

What did you think of the rest of my plan?

1 Like

Seems like you have thought out a process. So, I’d say give it a shot.

If the extraction seems weak, next time, let it steep for a bit longer. I usually steep regular tobacco for a month or more; longer for cigars.

I have read where folks do a 100 hour, 100 degree PGA maceration or a no heat at all maceration; heat evaporation and no heat evaporation. It’s all up to each individual.

One of my next trial and error moves is to combine a PG and PGA extraction of the same tobacco. I read it provides a deeper flavor combo and not as much extract is needed in the mix (reduced coil gunk). I got nothing but time! :grinning:

2 Likes

So the PGA base that you use is a vg/pg mix, heated to 150 degrees, poured over 1 ounce of tobacco, steeped in a dark cabinet for a month and filtered. PGA title is confusing, is it alcohol or vg/pg or? Sorry, I usually learn by videos and I haven’t found any yet.

1 Like

You can buy it at the liquor store. :grinning:

2 Likes

already own that same brand haha, could I use PG in substitute, I cant find a consistant pattern of a successful use, and you haven’t steered me wrong. Any advice to go for tutortials or a 1,2,3 step? :confused: looking at some fronto leafs and interested in trying this.

1 Like

Now… I also do extractions in straight PG and/or straight VG. The pure grain alcohol (PGA) version comes out much cleaner and I have WAY less coil gunk.

With PG/VG extractions, I ususally get through about 3 to 6ml worth of juice before I must do a wick change and coil burn.

PGA extractions go for 6 to 15ml before coil maintenance.

2 Likes

oh goodness, I don’t know if I would need 150ml of it, haha, would you mind doin a simplified instruction list? I’m seen horror stories of the pressure cooker at 14 hours and crock pot boiling and etc. I don’t have 12 hour slots like that. What would you recommend?

1 Like

Meh…you can make as much or little as you want to make. :grinning: The rule of thumb is 1oz of tobacco to 150ml of solvent. Cut those measurements down to whatever size you want and go for it! :grinning: I always add a bit more solvent than needed, due to the loss of extract during the filtering process; i.e. coffee filters or quantitative filters usually eat up some extract, not to mention the extract that gets left on the side of the vessels during the to and fro of filtering.

There’s some vids on the YouTube, but some of them are kinda sketchy at best.

Many folks here on ELR have posted “how to” in the NET threads. The search box will bring them up rather quick if you type in “NET” or N.E.T." or naturally extracted tobaccos.

My suggestion would be to start out with 1/2 oz (15 grams) of tobacco (not cigarette tobacco) and 75ml of solvent (PG). Stick it in a clean jar, put a lid on it, heat up a pot of water to about 200 degrees, cut the stove eye off, stick your jar in the water and walk away. When the water has cooled to room temperature, take the jar out, stick it in a dark cool closet for a month and let it steep.

In a month, come on back and we’ll go through the filtering procedure. :grinning:

5 Likes

Check this out

http://www.ralphcigars.com/shop?product=black-cherry-vodka

1 Like

Interesting. Reminds me of this…

3 Likes

That Black Cherry Looks good for a N.E.T

2 Likes

I’d go for the Cognac dipped ones. :grinning:

I’ve never been a big cherry flavored vape guy; if there is any kind of fruit flavor in my vape, it needs to be super-de-duper subdued and/or way in the back.

4 Likes

Wrapped up a filter and tasting session today; here’s some info for the thread:

Peter Stokkebye 306 English Oriental Supreme:

Black Cavendish
Burley
Cavendish
Latakia
Virginia

Vendor description:
Peter Stokkebye’s English Oriental Supreme is a rich but gentle blend of excellent bright Virginias, mellow white Burley, smooth black Cavendish and Cyprian Latakia which creates plenty of sweet and smoky flavor is a very well-behaved mixture.

Tasting Notes:
Very nice extract! The Latakia is present, but is gentle and does not take over the flavor in the tobacco layering; just enough smokiness to make the vape pleasurable. The duo cavendish and Virginia sweeten this extract just right; no need to add any sweetening agent to the mix. A very comforting vape.

10 to 15% in the mix will be sufficient.

Maceration complete 9/12/16.
1oz tobacco to 150ml PG NET; Crockpot cook for 8hrs; Cold steep 1 month; filter 2.5 micron.
Bulk purchase (1oz.) from Pipes and Cigars.

3 Likes

Groovy Blue N.E.T in the crock pot

5 Likes

I figured, if I just keep posting NET creations and reviews, hopefully somebody is gonna get the itch to jump in! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Woot! In about a month or so, you’re going to be singing the praises of some “Groovy Blue” NET.

Today, I just started filtering some straight Perique. Man, does that stuff have a nice sweet and sour, earthy funk to it! I pulled a little bit off the top before it went to steep a month ago and it was tasty then…can’t wait for this stuff to get through the last filter! :kissing_heart::dash:

5 Likes

The cool thing is my crock pot on low keeps the temp right at 120 :+1:

3 Likes

Another Peter Stokkebye NET review for the thread:

Peter Stokkebye 31 Optimum:

Vendor description:
Black Cavendish
Burley
Cavendish
Virginia

This combination of top-notch Virginias, Stokkebye’s signature steamed black Cavendish and mellow Burleys is topped with a unique mixture of fruit essences and creamy vanilla to create a singular flavor and aroma.

Tasting Notes:
Tastes just about how P&C describes it; very light fruit, touch of vanilla and very smooth. Super nice end of the day/desert tobacco.

10 to 15ml in the mix should be sufficient.

Maceration complete 9/12/16.
1oz tobacco to 150ml PG NET; Crockpot cook for 8hrs; Cold steep 1 month; filter 2.5 micron.
Bulk purchase (1oz.) from Pipes and Cigars.

3 Likes

http://www.pipesandcigars.com

Pipe Tobacco

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/brands/1415/peter-stokkebye/

This Honey & Chocolate Looks Good

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/96807/scottys-bulk-blends-honey-chocolate/

3 Likes

This was another one of my favorite cigars … Now in pipe Tobacco :+1:

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-tobacco/39866/cao-moontrance/

3 Likes

What is the best process or is it even advisable, to try this with Celestial Seasonings tea bags? Should I use warmed VG or PG? I’d like to avoid alcohol unless that’s really the only viable way.

2 Likes