Need help with istick pico

Hello there
I’ve posted before about my eleaf istick pico 75w coil issue that was resolved.
My new issue is
When i charge it it makes this hissing noise and vibrates but wont charge until i separate the atomizer from the mod like i can see the battery icon being charged but it doesn’t actually charge at all
When I unplug the charger it dies and won’t turn on ever. What should i do?
I tried different outlets and different USB’s cords idk What’s going on?
I dropped it earlier idk if that’s why!

Also I’m really sick of this vaping device would you please recommend another mini vaping device that doesn’t have so much issues with it?
Thanks.

1 Like

Honestly, I would move on from this mod unfortunately. This seems to be an issue that can be dangerous. Not worth the risk.

4 Likes

The thing is that it uses a 18650 battery and i would use an external battery charger to charge the battery. Have you tried to put another battery in that mod to see if anything changes or if it works as it should?

Could be that the battery you use now has died on you.

2 Likes

I have the pico but never charged in the mod.Imho buy a new mod and charger.

2 Likes

This sounds like a very dangerous battery. Probably venting. Toss it as @MisterSinner said. You can put your tank on most of the mods available these days. Just make sure it has the wattage you require…

2 Likes

istick pico 75 in my experience in general is a good device that works without any problems… are you sure that you didn’t hit the device or somewere or something?

i would suggest you check the battery first if it’s in good condition… (i find no other reason for not working when you unplug the charger but working when charger is on…if it was the chip it wouldn’t work anyway while the hishing soun may coming from the battery itself… if this is happening isn’t in the sphere of safety…)…

if you’re still want to buy another mod i couldd suggest you check
none of them is a fancy device or something…

a) Vaporesso Taror Mini
b) istick Pico 25
c) istick 100W TC (dual battery)

2 Likes

Oh SH@T, I forgot about that. I even own one of these mods (Pico). Is it obvious I don’t use it much…lol. Being @Chuck6 says he doesn’t charge in the mod then I agree he should first try another battery. However, at the first sign of the same symptoms as before I would think there is a short in the mod, especially if that new battery is getting hot. Then it time to quit playing with it and replace it…

4 Likes

Totally agree on this and the replacement of the mod.

4 Likes

It is a good device but electronics go after a while. I would grab another, throw away society so the board cost more then buying a new one, seen em for $18. Gl bud

2 Likes

Also worth mentioning since you said you only hear hissing while the atty is attached…

Have you checked to see if it’s actually firing (for some unknown reason) while it’s being charged? It would account for not charging (since it’s in fire mode) as well as the hissing noise… IE: firing at a low power, due to some odd failure of pass-through mode?

It shouldn’t be the case, I know. But I also remember that the original IPV6 would insta-fire at full power if the batteries were inserted backwards.

Can you recommend a good mod that’ll fit my tank?

1 Like

I’ll do one better… I have an eLeaf TC100w in black that I don’t use anymore. It can be used in single or dual battery configuration. Private message me your address and I will send it out to you. No cost. Make sure you invest in a charger if you don’t have one though. Always best to charge your batteries externally.

9 Likes

Yet again i have to take my hat off for you bro, you don’t stop to amaze me man :+1:

3 Likes

Super cool move @MisterSinner well done man.

3 Likes

Thank you bro. That is kind of you of you to say :facepunch:

2 Likes

Thanks bro. :facepunch:

1 Like

I’d be pretty careful with both this mod and the battery(ies) this has happened with at this point, unless you can figure out what’s going on there. That would make me pretty nervous.

That said, I think that the Pico is generally a pretty nice little device for its form factor/price. One thing I would advise, as has already been pointed out, is not charging removable batteries in mods, especially mods with less expensive electronics (and especially mods with more than one battery, though that’s not the case here.)

Even with mods with expensive electronics a dedicated charger is probably a better idea, IMHO. Your mod travels around with you all the time, and is a lot more likely to be somehow damaged than a charger is. Charging is probably the place batteries are most likely to fail (assuming you handle them properly under other circumstances.)

I don’t mean to sound overly paranoid- battery incidents are actually quite rare. But they can be unpleasant when they happen, so better safe than sorry.

2 Likes

I appreciate this so much man. But unfortunately i live in a country that has customs against vaping devices so i can’t have it shipped although thank you for the gesture :tulip:.

3 Likes

Truly sorry to hear that. :pensive: Good luck in finding a new mod my friend. Please be careful with the pico on hand.

2 Likes

Thanks for this tip @Sprkslfly - allthough an old thread, my neighbour has given me her pico today and I neglected to check the battery orientation!!
I thought it needed an autopsy!
Apparently not! I just need to be more careful!!
Thanks again :smiling_face:

1 Like