Need help with my base

Hmm very interesting… what about all those people cooking in the crock pot and USC for hours and hours.
I’m torn between a rock tumbler or a magnetic mixer to mix my new batches, I have both so.

Anyone make big batches of 0 nic and add nic ti say 15 or 30ml at a time, in theory wouldn’t this keep your nic fresher for longer.

The 50/50 vg/pg nic I mixed upseems to be doing much better, I may even go to 40/60 and that way I dont have to add any pg or very little to my recipes.

I’m still looking for a diy that has a bunch of flavor like biting into a fresh pineapple for example.

So far this is my best mix as of now.

I think it should be qualified to excessive heat rather than heat. A little heat to make the vg more workable in my experience has no discernable impact.

Mike Petro Wrote an informative blog post on heat and Nic over on ecf a few years back.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/effects-of-heat-on-nicotine-degradation.6202

Mind you I would never heat for 8 hrs

3 Likes

Yes alot of peps add the nic after steep w/ mixes w/ long steeps

2 Likes

Top shelf is all zero nic premixed. I mix for more than my self and found it easier to mix big batch and add nic later to the 30ml bottles as needed…

Also saw a post on forums or in discord forget which might have been @woftman or involved some juice of his . But zero nic juice was sent to someone and forgot about for 1 year. And was still good when nic was added…

Or might have been someone else … I see Woftman replying . So maybe he might remember seeing the post

Edit : might have been @SthrnMixer

3 Likes

@Ken_O_Where and @therabidweasel

4 Likes

On a side not even thou nic not added some mixes, after mixing need to breath … like butterscotch(FW) at top right every so often I open lid to let fumes out… or open the spout on the bottles.

1 Like

Every time you open it you lose flavour. It has been hotly contested over a long period of time to breath or not to breath. I fall squarely in the never ever breath a mix if you feel it needs to breath to be good it is my opinion that you should in fact be using less flavour.

I am sure that a comment like this will bring opposing opinions out but since it is not the subject of this thread it should perhaps be done in a different thread if at all.

9 Likes

Actually I think I need a different butterscotch… don’t like it at less than 20%.

1 Like

Hmm well that would be imho about 16% too much lol - you could try it lower and not breath it.

Let us get this on back on track.

6 Likes

Everyone needs their ration of tit.

Edit: oh boy… that was like 50 comments ago

4 Likes

Maximum temperature is the key element.
According to some exhaustive testing done on a thread in ECF a few years ago, it was basically determined that nic degradation started to occur noticeably around 140°F to 150°F. Higher than that, and the oxidation curve increased dramatically.

It’s also far more evident/important to those mixing with higher mg nic (MTL type, 12-24mg+).

Bottom line, I have tested my USC on multiple occasions, under multiple conditions (with heat, without heat, after using only the ultrasonic generator which heats the water to some degree, and with heat and the ultrasonic waves going for three hours, etc), and at no time does my unit get above 125°F.

Knowing your equipment is every bit as important (if not more so) as knowing/having a specific method to using it. :wink:

I can’t speak for the crock pot crowd… chuckles

5 Likes

Heres a thread where I mix up some 18 month old strawnana from 0mg. I do this with all my juices using 25mg/ml nic.

OP…surprised no one has asked the color of your nic. It should be as clear as the juice in my picture. Once it pics up color it becomes harsh.

All my juices get a 30 minute hot USC at 122F (50C)…but only as 0mg, I add nic later and mix with a lab shaker. I treat my nic very carefully to avoid introducing water and oxygen. . .I never temp cycle my nic. The 500ml glass bottle with self-sealing top comes out of the freezer only long enough to draw 4ml…about 1 minute. YMMV GL.

7 Likes

Thats what i do for finished recipes. Big batches with no nicotine, add as i mix smaller bottles of it.
Beta recipes i add the nic to only because i vape them in a months span

5 Likes