Need mod with decent battery life

In that case it wouldn’t be bad to do just that. The whole concept is that the batteries are aging at the same rate if used as a pair. This helps to ensure they have at least near equal output. Even then sometimes one will go south before the other.

2 Likes

@Walt3 @Plunderdrum
You guys are making this way more difficult than it is, @Jayrell was talking about breaking “married” sets, while it is true you should keep batteries together in sets for maximum performance, unless you are completely draining them before charging not recommended, then the most important thing is to keep like with like, i.e. Don’t put a 25r with an hg2, that being said I would recommend putting some kind of mark on them so you know they go together, I color code the white ring at the top with a marker, but if you where to say grab a batt out of a set and use it in a single batt mod then charge it and put it back with the set in a four batt mod and use it then charge them all together, you will see no measurable difference in the capacity or performance of those batteries. That being said if you have sets that you have taken the time to measure there true MAH and max amp output rate which requires you to charge and discharge on some kind of device that measures those rates, and group them together by capacity and output for a specific mod then I would try to keep them together. And this is a continuous thing not a once and done. Batteries are a rabbit hole all unto themselves but not really one that needs to be gone down by the average user, as long as you don’t overdrive them and replace them when you notice them loose capacity you will be safe. I.e. Only lasting half a day when they used to last a full day.

PS DONT USE A YEAR OLD BATTERY WITH A BRAND NEW ONE.

4 Likes

Thanks for that!

2 Likes

Thanks, Walt!

2 Likes

@Cutlass92 thanks for clarifying what I was getting at :slight_smile: @Walt3 I’m the same way with my batts I keep pairs together they charge together and they go in mods together but I don’t discriminate which mods they go in as long as they are dual batt mods… I have singles that I use for my single batt mods and at one time they might have been married pairs but getting old so they go to my single batt mods that I run above ohm builds in and vape around 15 to 20 watts for my stealth vape moments even those will get replaced soon as I don’t like having batteries more than say around 14 months old

1 Like

Exactly. I see those as common sense approaches. I’ve got enough of each type of mod to keep all my batteries busy.

2 Likes

I just discovered something very important and that is: the nitecore 3100 and 3400 mah 18650 batteries are too long to fit in our mods! Must be because they are protected types. Fuck me.

1 Like

Don’t buy a Wismec, my ES300 that’s less than a month old just fried and burned to ashes

Seriously? That blows. Back to the earth from where it came, apparently. What do you have your eye on to get next?

I don’t know yet, but don’t think it’ll be a Wismec

1 Like

I had two WizBangs. One is now relegated to burning in new coils and the other is part of a new ski slope.

Almost makes me wonder if they’re powered by Smok?!! Lol

Wow that sucks!

Still stinks in my house too. it wasn’t the battery either batteries go from one end or the other this burned into the side of two batteries, it was a short in the board

Oh wow! I use a smok gx350, I like it but I have only had it for about 3 months, it takes 4-18650 and will last for 2 days on a set at 160 watts. But I change them every day, better on the batteries.

1 Like

Think I’ll move back to a 2 battery mod, any thoughts on the IPV 6 or the IPV 400?

1 Like

Anybody out there have thoughts on the “Council of Vapor” brand?

The IPV 8 has served me well… the Only complaint I have is the battery door started popping out spilling my batteries all over if it got bumped too hard… didn’t happen right away but seems something wore on it and though it holds you have to carefully set the mod down or they pop out… electrical tape fixed it but that is my only con with that mod everything else works perfect and my paint job has held up

1 Like

The ipv6 and ipv8 are the same when it comes to the battery door other than they are both good mods - sometime that fault alone makes it hard to like either but the chip set is good.

3 Likes

Agreed! And it is a shame. I really dig that mod. Feels good in the hand. Good TC. Accurate resistance reading. Plenty of power. I even like the menu. Everything I need and none of what I don’t. But the damn door popping open all the time just bugs me! I did stretch a vape band around the bottom once but that really looks flaky. I’m gonna try to figure out a fix. It’s a nice mod otherwise.

1 Like