Needing starter help

If your calculations are correct it sounds good to me…No sense in wasting what he already bought !!!

If you added 20% flavoring (that is just an example from the high end which certainly isn’t always necessary, Gordon, for example, I am vaping a single flavor TPA Peppermint today that is knocking my socks off at just 6% flavoring) you’d have a 2.4mg 56/44 vg/pg final mix.

OTOH, with something like FA Fuji Apple, I get plenty of flavor at 3%, so adding that to his premixed base would yield 2.9mg 68/32 vg/pg.

So your hands are very tied for what you can make from that base without adding more nic, but then the math is going to get very annoying. BUT if you don’t care about your final mix being anywhere between 50/50 and 65/35 and your nic level being between 2-3mg and you just wanna work with learning flavors you’re not completely hosed.

But if you stick with this, you’re most likely going to want more control over your final mix.

51.5mg nic - like I said, the math gets annoying! :wink:

2 Likes

Most get a high nic content and dilute it to about 18-36mg nic level, then calculate and mix with it. You just need to get you nic level up and if you like high vg then you need to raise it too. What pg/vg ratio do you want for your mixes and @ what nic level do you vape?

Actually, I guess it’s not so bad if you use any recipe calculator (like the one on this site) that lets you specify all those parameters. Just be sure to enter them if you go this route!

vg/pg 70/30 and at 3mg is wat i am using .so should i be buying all separates eg /nic/vg/pg to calc my mixes

He’s not diluting the 3% if he adds 100mg nic. That 3% will remain the same.

I’m gonna back out and let guys handle it because too much info will confuse things even more.

Correct. This is the only way you will have COMPLETE CONTROL of your nic and PG/VG ratio…

1 Like

k.listen guys thanks for all your help. will have to go and get the supplies in and when im all set up n ready get back to you all to start me all over again lol

2 Likes

If you buy 100mg nicotine make sure you get gloves to handle it !!!

1 Like

sorry guys one more thing i cant seem to get 100mg nic here in uk only 72 but should i get vg base or pg base thanx.

1 Like

Get the vg based.

1 Like

k many thanx

2 Likes

That’s overthinking things, it’s really just an average. 100 mg / 1 ml + 3 mg / 1 ml = 103 mg / 2 ml = 51.5 mg / 1 ml. It’s hard to show your work in a forum post!

If your end goal is 70/30 3mg your starting base requirement will depend on how much flavoring you end up adding.

Let’s assume tobacco smoke has annihilated your taste buds and you mix 30% flavoring (this would be too much flavoring for most people and would usually result in less taste, but I’m going for an extreme example here). We’re assuming the flavoring is 100%PG (which most are) so already you’ve hit 70/30 using a 100% VG base. Then for nic, you’d just need to have at least 4.3mg/ml in your base (0.70 * 4.3mg/ml ~= 3 mg/ml).

So TLDR: if you’re sure you aren’t ever mixing > 3 mg/ml product a 6 mg/ml base more than has you covered. Get as strong as you need to cover diluting to what you want.

Personally I start with 100mg VG base (that stays shut in the freezer) and cut it down to 15mg using only VG (that I keep on the shelf) to cover mixing anywhere from 12mg to 3mg (assuming no more than 18% flavoring).

2 Likes

You got to remember he is new to diy and you’re presenting him complicated probabilities. It’s very easy for a noob to get overwhelmed. You’re confusing me and I been at this for a while. I’m just trying to get him to a max vg nic base to mix with.

3 Likes

Good point, but that’s why I put the TLDR in there. I’m just not comfy telling someone who may have never handled dangerous chemicals (for all I know) to jump right in with 100mg is all. Especially when he’s just trying to make 3mg.

I feel there… That’s why my first suggestion was to look over this noobie package we put together a long time ago. Safe handling of nic is in there. Hopefully he will heed the advice.

3 Likes

many thanx jojo watched the video and was astounded at how east it looks,if only i found this site before starting myself and getting it wrong,anyway thanx for all your help and hopefully when i get nic and bases i can try some of the fantastic recipies from this site.

1 Like

Hi I’m new to this and I’m feeling very confused I’m not sure how to set up my bio or ask questions can you help me pleaseIf I want to fill out my bio how do I do that? Also if I want to ask a question about mixing a particular flavour where do I do that

3 Likes

Seeing you are a beginner posting in the beginners thread is a good start. Just ask away and if you run I foul we’ll gently nudge to where ever you need to be.

3 Likes

Lots of beginner threads to read and will answer most questions before you find the need to ask. To change BIo, u can find that if u click your avatar/username in upper right corner and then the preference/cog button. Gl to u!

3 Likes