Needing starter help

sorry guys one more thing i cant seem to get 100mg nic here in uk only 72 but should i get vg base or pg base thanx.

1 Like

Get the vg based.

1 Like

k many thanx

2 Likes

Thatā€™s overthinking things, itā€™s really just an average. 100 mg / 1 ml + 3 mg / 1 ml = 103 mg / 2 ml = 51.5 mg / 1 ml. Itā€™s hard to show your work in a forum post!

If your end goal is 70/30 3mg your starting base requirement will depend on how much flavoring you end up adding.

Letā€™s assume tobacco smoke has annihilated your taste buds and you mix 30% flavoring (this would be too much flavoring for most people and would usually result in less taste, but Iā€™m going for an extreme example here). Weā€™re assuming the flavoring is 100%PG (which most are) so already youā€™ve hit 70/30 using a 100% VG base. Then for nic, youā€™d just need to have at least 4.3mg/ml in your base (0.70 * 4.3mg/ml ~= 3 mg/ml).

So TLDR: if youā€™re sure you arenā€™t ever mixing > 3 mg/ml product a 6 mg/ml base more than has you covered. Get as strong as you need to cover diluting to what you want.

Personally I start with 100mg VG base (that stays shut in the freezer) and cut it down to 15mg using only VG (that I keep on the shelf) to cover mixing anywhere from 12mg to 3mg (assuming no more than 18% flavoring).

2 Likes

You got to remember he is new to diy and youā€™re presenting him complicated probabilities. Itā€™s very easy for a noob to get overwhelmed. Youā€™re confusing me and I been at this for a while. Iā€™m just trying to get him to a max vg nic base to mix with.

3 Likes

Good point, but thatā€™s why I put the TLDR in there. Iā€™m just not comfy telling someone who may have never handled dangerous chemicals (for all I know) to jump right in with 100mg is all. Especially when heā€™s just trying to make 3mg.

I feel thereā€¦ Thatā€™s why my first suggestion was to look over this noobie package we put together a long time ago. Safe handling of nic is in there. Hopefully he will heed the advice.

3 Likes

many thanx jojo watched the video and was astounded at how east it looks,if only i found this site before starting myself and getting it wrong,anyway thanx for all your help and hopefully when i get nic and bases i can try some of the fantastic recipies from this site.

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m new to this and Iā€™m feeling very confused Iā€™m not sure how to set up my bio or ask questions can you help me pleaseIf I want to fill out my bio how do I do that? Also if I want to ask a question about mixing a particular flavour where do I do that

3 Likes

Seeing you are a beginner posting in the beginners thread is a good start. Just ask away and if you run I foul weā€™ll gently nudge to where ever you need to be.

3 Likes

Lots of beginner threads to read and will answer most questions before you find the need to ask. To change BIo, u can find that if u click your avatar/username in upper right corner and then the preference/cog button. Gl to u!

3 Likes