New box mod

Does anyone know of a good regulated mod that’s like a mech mod in shape but all the safely features of a box mod.

Box mods are adding led and mp3 players to try and stay trendy. I just have a hard time finding one that stands out anymore.

4 Likes

I can’t think of any that stand out to me at the moment, but we have some really good member here, and sure they will chime in. As far as finding a mod that “stands out”, do you mean WITH all the flashy lights, or more of a less flashy, more artistic mod ?

2 Likes

A good old box mod that has stood the test of time is the Voopoo Drag.

4 Likes

Mech mods come in all shapes are you talking about a tube mod or a box mod?

For a box mod have a look at the sirius by modefined (has TC), the vee by dovpo (variable voltage only), mvv dovpo (variable voltage only).

For a tube style the only one that springs to mind that I think is ok is the nunchaku.

5 Likes

More of an artistic mod. The LEDs and Bluetooth and mp3 players I don’t care for all that much. The coolest mod I ever say was the deviant I think it looked like a dragon. Most box mods are a square and I swear they get more expensive for the same ol rehashing over and over again

2 Likes

Tesla punk nano 120 if your into the steampunk look

7 Likes

That telsa looks cool so does the Tesla punk 220w mod.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for a regulated tube mod, that looks like a mech the following ones come to mind, and some of us did review them…

Voopoo Caliber
Uwell nunchaku
iJoy Saber

There’s a other one @CosmicTruth just reviewed a couple days? back, but I can’t remember the name lol.

3 Likes

Yeah Joyetech T80 with CUBIS MAX
I am still using it, great design, easy to switch flavors, unique wick and heat element. Joyetech made a great device, it’s slipping under the radar its so innovative.

4 Likes

Thats really cool. I might have to get that mod. That’s sorta what I was looking for

1 Like

I’m liking it, no leaking, easy to clean and wick.
cons: mod does TC but no TC heat element. Single 18650, needs larger battery IMO.

The wick is a 0.5in X 0.6in square cotton pad. So its CHEAP to rewick :smile:
no flashing lights, or built in games :frowning:

5 Likes

its not really fancy but i swear by the Smoant Battlestar

6 Likes

If you mean that you are looking for a regulated tube mod, then the Uwell Nunchaku might be to your liking:

4 Likes

for a regulated box mod im loving the Geekvape nova, for a regulated tube Ehpro do one called the Mod 101 which is VW and cheap as chips.
For built to last no nonsense regulated mod I’d have to say the Aegis Legend, you simply wont kill it,

5 Likes

It might commit suicide tho. A lot of people reported problems with Aegis Legend in the past few weeks(following that crap on facebook). It works for 2-3 weeks and then mysteriously stops firing or just fails to turn on

2 Likes

ive got 2 and apart from a bit of moisture behind the screen they’ve never skipped a beat, i take em to work every day too and im not know for my gentle approach to things lol

4 Likes

I’m sure most of them are good. I have a geekvape mod that never gave me any issues either. Just heard of problems from other people :slight_smile:

And nova is definitely a very nice piece of kit (and looks sturdy as well)

3 Likes

Not too many mods will take a hit directly in the soft bits and keep working perfectly. This is a customer’s mod that got a pinch bar tossed on top of it by accident. The screen still works and is readable - I am just waiting to hear back from GV (they are on their break) to see if i can get a new glass panel.

5 Likes

Those are some really good recommendations. I also like the smok G priv v2 and the aspire speeder is a good sturdy mod that comes right on after putting new batteries on.

2 Likes

Have to agree! I’ve had mods double the price fall apart from looking at them wrong. so far I’ve dunked the aegis in a bath, played piggy in the middle with it and used to prop up a sofa while I looked for something :joy:

3 Likes