New DNA 200 Firmware & Profile Settings

I just updated escribe and there was a service pack update for my vt133 and now TC with SS is soooo much more consistent! Just look at the results below. No changes to the settings between the two tests.

Old firmware

New firmware

3 Likes

Iā€™m curious what you guys have your profile set at for SS. This is my current setup and Iā€™m liking it OK vaping on my SSB Melons juice.

Letā€™s see some profile settings. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Personally Iā€™d boost the preheat (100?) but Iā€™m vaping at 440. That preheat is the main reason I love this thing. Iā€™m also enjoying the wattage as a Profile option (Ceramic coils)

2 Likes

YES I for one would like to see profile settings like this . with screen shots of the different wire profiles, SS , Ti and so on :+1:

4 Likes

I think it would be great to see a repository of this. Oh and how about battery settings too.

1 Like

Right on sounds good to me :+1:

1 Like

I have yet to find this on the latest Escribe updateā€¦ only the cell soft cutoff mark.

2 Likes

You need to Options > User Interface and set it to Manufacturer. That will open a lot more options.

Here is what it looks like in the Advanced interface.

And here is what it looks like under the Manufacturer interface.

4 Likes

Thanks @Bearkat. Thatā€™s what I needed.

3 Likes

That was a big save for me. My battery setup from Vapor Shark was for the LG G2 Batts. I was able to load the 30Q CSVā€¦ Big thanks for your help.

This mod came setup except for the battery type.

5 Likes

I kind of kicked things off for our forum (or at least that was my hope) when I posted my 25r5 profile here: Evolv Battery Profile CSV's for DNA series

If @Pro_Vapes (or anyone else here for that matter) wants to contribute their personally created csvā€™s, Iā€™d be more than happy to rename the thread, and play ā€œcuratorā€ (in the top post) to try and make it a one stop resource for the family =)

Let me know what you guys think.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hoping/guessing this brought you up to v1.2 sp3??

Thatā€™s the one I just downloaded last night, as it seems that waiting another couple of days allowed them to really get things nailed down according to all I read last night! =)

Charging issues solved for the vapor shark (which as it turns out had 2 different revision pcbā€™s in circulation) the major improvements to SS across the board, battery meter fixesā€¦ Etc.

Evolv really came through, and just in the nick of time so it seems!!

1 Like

Yes, I upgraded to the new service pack 3. TC on SS is so much better now. It shows the version I was on and the new version in the pics I posted in post #41.

On Cell Cutoff ā€¦I have an idea! I understand the 3.2V cutoff is set somewhat high with the purpose of battery longevity/protection from too low of a drain. However I have (accidentally) taken the batteries out of my DNA mod and put them in a battery box and then put the same ā€œdeadā€ batteries in my Cuboid (well they were sitting right there). They displayed about 1/3 full on the Cuboid and I vaped em on down for quite a while.

Letā€™s say you have a main Profile (like Titanium?) ā€¦my idea is copy that profile and only change the battery cutoff voltage (lower). Not sure what that would be exactly, and there may be some differences in how each of our setups detects remaining battery voltage, but the the idea is if you were away from your batteries/charger you could get an extra hour of vapage.

Driving home from work and your batteries display 0? Switch to your ā€œLowBattā€ Profile and vape on. What would be a safe setting here that wouldnā€™t damage your batteries?

Not seeing how to change or setup battery profiles. I know there are profiles for wire types but I donā€™t see any settings in the profile for battery.

Oops on new PC havenā€™t installed Escribe ā€¦doing that now

1 Like

While I see that itā€™s not a profile option I also see they have lowered from previous firmware from 3.2 to 3.09v

I thought my batteries were getting used up faster but they were just not going as low as when in Cuboid. Iā€™ll run these to 0 on DNA and pop in Cuboid and see if thereā€™s power remaining

Under view settings change to manufacturer and it will restore those options

2 Likes

Read above but I was referring to have ā€œbattery profilesā€ setup and selectable on the mod without having to update from escribe every time you switch batteries.

1 Like

My ss 316l on my e Fusion duo seems to be working pretty good nowā€¦smooth, my battery bar showed nothing at first but I just took the batteries out and put them back in and it went back to normal

1 Like