New firmware available for DNA200 devices!

I definitely like the new upgrade both my devices were on like the 8/20 version I believe. I really dont plug them in to much I’m content with the twisted .5 ti coils I’ve been running. Hits like a dream taste is excellent. I’ve yet to use the ss how do you guys feel it compares to ti? Also which ss do you feel is best? @Whiterose0818 what is the temperature dominant for?

Temp dominant means you can adjust the temp freely without having to enter a certain mode…kind of like wattage in power mode. Did I explain it good enough?
I love SS…its super clean and you can dry fire it to clean it. I mostly use it in power mode(it gets plenty warm at 105w), because I just cant get it right in TC.

1 Like

I’m kinda picking up what your throwing down. Now are you using 316? My efusion came with csv’s loaded in it its got 304 , 316, 316l, and 317l which one do you prefer or have you tried?

I agree the 200w shouldn’t matter if you’re building. I’m curious if that’s true when you’re using stock coils though? The Crown’s .25 stock coils only rated to 130w. Do you think that would matter in TC mode? Not sure what gauge it is, and not worried about the cotton burning, just wasn’t sure if it would be too much for the coil to handle.

I have only used 316l…I guess I should try the rest out so I could be of more help to others…

Good point. That kinda wattage would cut right through 26g I think.

1 Like

I have a CVS I made for the crown coils if you want to try it? Otherwise the 316 that comes loaded with this new firmware works as well. It’s a pain though with the legs being a different material

1 Like

Thanks. I’ve got CSV’s already that I have been using. More curious if a high wattage preheat would fry the stock coil. I haven’t had any issues with it kicking out of TC on either the RX200 or the DNA200 using a standard 316 CSV from Steam Engine.

1 Like

Have you tried it without preheat?

1 Like

Nope, I’ve been running preheat at 110F with a medium hard punch for 1 sec. And I run the TC at 70w around 500F. That’s using the Reuleaux DNA200 with a Crown and stock SS .25 coils.

i was running preheat for a while, but temp protect kicked in real fast, so i turned it off…
also, under that one tab, i cant recall its name, where your theme is…under the line for temp protect, you can change it from showing message to show temp…i chose show temp, i like that better

1 Like

Ooooh, gonna have to try that. Temp protect kicks in fairly quick but that’s fine. It never seems to affect the vape quality. There’s no pulsing or gaps in the flow.

1 Like

When I first programmed it, I forgot to change the default preheat from 200 watts to my 50 and I didn’t have any issues, outside of TC kicking in right away

1 Like

Since default for preheat is 1 second I would think it wouldn’t matter. If you bumped it to like 5 seconds maybe the 200w might fry a coil? Either way. I’m enjoying the new version. Seems to have made it rock stable running on a Mac now too with the new version of eScribe.

@Whiterose0818 Nice find on the update!!! :+1:

3 Likes

That’ Great…

1 Like

Picked up the 316l yesterday 24 gauge, worked decent spaced coil. Just built a contact coil temp set to 470 good thing I dident take a puff yet , but hit the fire button to see it temp was working and It was damn near shooting flames? What could be the problem this happens to me one time before with ti. On the same tank tfv4 this tank is terrible for temp control. And ohm were locked

oh dude…after i updated the FW a coupla days ago, i loaded the 316 material/temp profile and immediately screwed on my fav tank/316 build but i went for broke and paid dearly…i inhaled that lava scorch of burning death! i just left that fuckin beast alone…ive been scared to do it again and have since just left it in power mode! for the ime, power mode at 85w on the DNA 200 is warm enough, lol

Absolutely and I shit you not when I looked at the temp and it was in displaying 4 digits scared the hell out of me. It worked good spaced coil I haven’t updated my efusion yet that was the one it was on. But when I got my replacement efusion it had all the csv’s for all the stainless’ s and ti so I figured I’d give it a shot. Bad idea for sure do you have any idea what would be causing that tho?

I honestly have no clue. I’m glad you caught it first before you took a rip off of it! I wish someone would chime in right now with some speculation! I guess it would be worth looking into…

Hey Guys…same problem here. It happens on 2 of my DNAs. I made contact ss 316l coils. I usually do spaced but the spaced were giving me nothing. No vape at all. So I did contact ss for the hell of it. Hit fire button and saw 6 digits for F! Does this on 2 devices with gemini. Then did same build in griffin and temp seems to be working. 24awg 9 wrap has me around .19 to .21. No ideas? Need to check my escribe settings to make sure nothing changed. I use a TCR for ss.

1 Like