New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

Tank you. You know how some flavors are just yummy. I’m hoping to find a few more of those. The edible ones. Hey - by the way… seems a lot of people have caught on about the Armomaizer RDTA. Ah the flavor. I asked what everyone thought about it here a while back and now I see it being listed as a favorite by people who do reviews on YouTube. I’m thinking about getting a 3rd one.

2 Likes

Yup @Joya, you were the trail blazer on that one!:wink:

What’s next on the horizon?

My notes on INW Cactus

Such a different twist on flavor and mouthfeel. It adds a bit of green to the mix.

I also read someone post the same thing.

I’m working on some new mixes and I have oak wood fa in a couple of them…

WIPs

Grilled Peaches & Cream

Ingredient%
Cream Cheese Icing (LA)1.5
Cream Fresh (FA)0.75
Honey Bee (Flavorah)0.4
Liquid Amber (FA)0.75
Mango (FA)2
Oak Wood (FA)0.4
Peach (INAWERA)4
Sweet Cream (CAP)1
White Peach (FA)2

Flavor total: 12.8%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Grilled Fruit Skewers

Ingredient%
Brown Sugar (TPA)1.5
Liquid Amber (FA)1
Mango (FA)2
Oak Wood (FA)0.4
Peach (INAWERA)4
Pineapple (Hangsen)3
Rich Cinnamon (Flavorah)0.25

Flavor total: 12.15%

1 Like

I can’t believe you can’t taste the Oak in this. But then again, I grew up in a wood shop. If you’ve never smelled fresh cut oak you would think it was an earthy slightly floral kinda flavor. But for me from the age of 9 to 24 I cut wood of some sort every day. I started in my Dad’s wood shop and worked my way into a high end cabinet making shop making moulding and cabinets for $500,000 homes. There were times when I went to bed smelling Oak and tasting it in everything. By the time I was 24 I was in a large CNC wood shop. FA Oak Wood is spot on. I see @Pro_Vapes is using it for a grilled flavor. Interesting!

2 Likes

Got to get just the coils to put them in my Atlantis and Melo (to make them taste-worthy). Right now they only sell the kit: Vaporesso TARGET VTC Kit with Ceramic cCELL Coil.
Practically everyone has it in their “New Arrivals” section, but I can’t find just the replacement coils for sale by themselves yet. I’ve tried rebuilding the non-rebuildable coils using titanium and stainless, but still the flavor is not good enough compared to the top 3: TFV4, Aromamizer, and Crown. I wouldn’t be able to rebuild these ceramic coils but they do seem to last 50% longer anyway (according to reviews). They pour a ceramic powder around the wire. It is solid and safe apparently. I’m always searching for ceramic to improve flavor. I actually have to dilute my juice in the tasty 3 tanks. At full strength, there is still not enough flavor in the Nautilus, Atlantis and Melo. I’m looking for an answer before I give them away or put them in the discard pile. I did order a 3rd Aromamizer tonight. Only $19.95 at VapeNW.com. Add a dollar for black vs SS color. Trying my first 3ml. I really like the 6ml size of the two I have. I fill each of them up once a day! Probably a clone at that price $19? at VapeNW. We will see. I paid $35 for the last one directly from Steam Crave and do believe in supporting the PERSON who invented this wonderful tank. I also ordered a TFV4 mini in black tonight. I’m assuming the coils are the same as for the 24mm TFV4 24mm version (since I haven’t seen another size coil for sale). Boy I’d better pull out my extended drip tip so I can keep my soft/subtle lips in tact. There will be even more HEAT coming at me in the same size coil in a smaller tank! I only run my TFV4 at 30 watts, but it gets so hot! Well, let me go push the ‘pay’ buttons. Oh must mention (especially after reading the “Best Mod” post… Lovin the Joytech Evic mini I got 2 weeks ago. The temp control takes SS, Ti and Ni and the SCREEN IS LARGE ENOUGH.

On the subject of new box mods…I keep looking at 200 watt boxes, looked at the Wismec Reuleaux (lovely with the 3-18650 batteries) but I think I’d just have to get the one with the Escribe software Evolv DNA 200 Chip rather than the $49 model (both by Jaybo). Just don’t know if I’m ready for all that software. I’ll like the jump start on power, and I did hold one in my hand, and it did fit, but I still have a simple cell phone, ect. Life is too short to waste time playing games. Ah, maybe when my old 150-watt Sigelei dies. By then, they will come out with something even better. I’ve heard conflicting stories on which is more safe…the (3) 18650 batteries or a Lipo. My husband ships batteries all over the world and he was taught that the Lipo are not as safe. I’d probably go for the lighter in weight of the two. One thing is for sure… I want a screen I can see without my old-lady glasses. All I want for xmas is a Whirlpool tub. Well, Merry Christmas to you Jimk and all… Many happy holidays and vape as much as you want. Jesh… I sure can talk and yes I am awaire it’s all me, me, me. Well what else are you going to say when you are talking to yourself. That’s what posting is like. There’s know one saying ya, ya. LOL.

5 Likes

You guys may remember a recipe I threw together on the fly in this thread…

It turned out to be one of my best creations yet. I call it…

Banerry Gookie

Ingredient%
Banana (Flavorah)3
Cookie (FA)2.25
Strawberry (Flavorah)1
Strawberry (Ripe) (OOO)2
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA)5
Whipped Cream (TPA)3

Flavor total: 16.25%

6 Likes

I bought a metric ton (tonne?) of INW Dragonfruit a few weeks back when Wizard Labs was having a sale. I thought that was @DarthVapor’s go to, but then realized I had already bought the TPA version which is the one he uses. SOOOO, I am adding a Dragonfruit (INW) test run to my activities this weekend. I like the flavor of grass and dirt Jelly Belly jelly beans. . .even the worm flavor ain’t so bad, hahaha.

I am also determined to get a honesuckle vape that I like. I grew up around the stuff growing wild and I used to eat it walking through the woods, or even just out working on my grandparents small farm. Honeysucke was my childhood summer food and I want a vape like that. I have a few flavors I’ve been mixing in my head for weeks now, so now is the time to build them.

Hey Darth, look forward to you poking your head back in here. You are flavor inspiration.

1 Like

Yep, I only use TFA’s BUT I am such a DF fan, that I am now going to try all the other ones I have haha.
TFA just nailed it for me on their DF, granted it could be better but so far it is the one I like best.

I actually have a few of INW’s coming my way as well, out of curiosity. I also have FLV’s, which I quickly made 2 simple juices a couple days ago, just to test it…

Then I also have CAP’s version, which was actually one of the first flavors that I had purchased. My very first flavor order ages ago was about 75% all capella and after going through various juices and flavors, turned me off of CAP’s fruits really fast…I haven’t even opened the DF yet!

I’m not saying Capella’s fruits are bad, just for me there were way too many misses than hits. I always got a candy like flavor that I came to describe as “Capella Flavor”…just not for me… throughout time though, I have stumbled upon a few of their fruits I really like Yellow Peach, Juicy Orange, Golden Pineapple and a few others. So more to the point, I’m eager to try their DF that has been sitting in the IMF for way too long!!

I should be back in the game here by Saturday…

Minus the fact I have been working 36 hours or so, so far, I have another 30 hours to go… JOY!

Even though I am still dealing with what I have going on in my personal life, I really want to force myself to get back in the lab

Shit I have a nice, shiny and new digi scale to play with, dozens of new flavors and a few other things, that have been just sitting on the table, taunting me…

I’ll try to make an appearance and hopefully start posting new recipes this weekend or the beginning of the week.

Thanks for your kind words @therabidweasel! I never saw myself as an inspiration but if that is true, I’m slacking in my responsibilities!!

Thanks again brother!

4 Likes

Ha, yeah and I need to learn more about your “perfect peach” mixture too. @Amy2 hasn’t been frequenting much lately. I am assuming that she is moving around now, but maybe you guys will re-emerge around the same time and we can talk flower flavors. I have a big pile and there are going to be some attempts to push the envelope for me this weekend.

I used to work all the holidays setting up conference rooms for parties and dinners and then serving them. I slept in a lot of hotel rooms for a few years working weird, hard hours… I think people tend to take available food/service during this time for granted, but I know that most seem to appreciate it at some point in their meals. Thanks to you on their behalf.

The lab can be an escape or salve for personal life, at least for me. Its a good place for me to hide from the world. I wish I spent more time there too.

2 Likes

That looks really good. I don’t have all the flavors (like vanilla bean…but I think I can fake it with FA vanilla and Vienna cream). Insert computer sounds and old dot matrix printer. Done and done will be mixing it tomorrow.

Let me know how yours turns out. This was just a stab at a recipe so I will probably play around with it some.

The Vanilla Bean really is a good ice cream flavor. Vienna Cream and Vanilla will get you close. But there will be a difference. I use Vienna Cream a lot, and it is one of my favs. Using it should be good. Maybe even better.

I’ll do my best to remember. I’ll be mixing it tomorrow and letting it steep for Atleast 3-4 days since I don’t shake and vape. If I forget and you happen to remember remind me…I’m still working out my organizational skills and havnt figured out how to give gold star feedback. I’m good with my notes, my recipie book…now struggling how to manage the computer folders of image prints+recipie files

Did the lemon on this recipe fade after a while ? I made a lemon cake recipe recently and used about 3 % lemon Sicily and 1% FW Lemonade and it faded after a week or so …almost out of existence ! Only detectable at high temp but even then very faint .

Hey I been working too back to work 4 me I just came off a month and a half break in between contracts so now I am back to being a working stiff ( sounds wrong considering what I do for a living LOL )

You want to talk flora and florals lets head over to the flora and the like thread …where everythings flora Or florals :wink:

@DarthVapor are you around ??

1 Like

You rock Amy!

1 Like

Lovin’ this Pineapple vape!

Shenan•Agains

Ingredient %
Butter Cream (CAP) 1.5
Cookie (FA) 2.25
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 2
Fuji Apple (FA) 0.5
Lemon Sicily (FA) 1
Pineapple (INAWERA) 2.5
Sweet Coconut (Flavorah) 2
Sweet Cream (CAP) 2

Flavor total: 13.75%

3 Likes

Here is my latest. I cannot keep my hands off it:

Pearvana : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/350880/Pearvana

0.75% Cream Fresh (FA)
0.5% Marzipan (FA)
4% Pear (FA)
1.25% Salted Caramel (FW)
0.5% Vanilla Tahiti (FA)
2.75% Ylang Ylang (FA)

Flavor total: 9.75%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/2MjB

2 Likes

I can’t wait for my vanilla tahity and ylang ylang to get here so I can try that! I only have Inawera’s Pear, but from what I’ve heard it’s on par with FA’s so I’m hoping subbing it won’t change the recipe too much. Thanks for sharing it with us. :wink:

I love mixing this with fruits and cream mixes. It adds a ton of juicy sweetness without a overbearing flavor note. One of my faves is with fig, pear and cactus… insanely good.

1 Like

So fig IS good? I’m with you, love the other two. Thought I read the fig was bad, but if it’s there with the pear and cactus, I’m in. I love the real thing, fresh fig.

@JoJo, I just tried the TFA Pear last night. It is good, not great, but the FA is the best thing I can imagine. I apparently have Pear (INW)…didn’t I say I’d try that for you? Let me dig it out as I know I haven’t tasted it. Pear (FA) though…crazy good. Captures the florals, the juiciness. It’s wonderful.

I’ll mix 5 strawberries together, but I’m not touching Pear (FA).

2 Likes