New Recipe Showcase 2017

Now let us know how it vapes between v1, 2, and 3? Not sure how you steeped these 5 days already.

3 Likes

Hello All,
This is the first recipe I have made that I am very happy with. I would appreciate any comments you may have.

Thank you kindly.

Leilani

13 Likes

you did it congrats , i remember you talking about this in the past

3 Likes

Thank you Fidalgo! It was a labor of love. It was much harder than I thought getting it down just how I wanted it to taste. Let me know if you give it a go!

P.S - Iā€™m still working on my Ube Halaya & Ube Ice Cream Cookie recipe - but getting the right sweet potato is proving to be a challenge. :sweat:

3 Likes

i would try it but im missing a few of those flaves , and am not buying new flaves until ive gotten rid of some of the ones i have, all im doing now is replacing flaves that i use when they run out , this summer i got super lazy with DiY but winter is coming its always a good time to get into mixing for me

4 Likes

I hear you Fidalgo. You always have to have your favorites in stock, and soon itā€™ll be time for fall & winter recipes!

2 Likes

Congratulations on getting one youā€™re happy with !!! I donā€™t have many FE flavors, and Iā€™m quite sure the SR cannot be subbed. Looks very interestingly good.

1 Like

Wow I love food and especially different cultural dishes, I HAVE TO MAKE the real thing now, and then get the flavors together to try your mix.

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer thank you. Iā€™m happy with it - It reminds me very much of the traditional Filipino dessert. It is normally served at room temperature, so when it is heated in vape form, it really becomes Biko. I wish there were other Rice flavors, but the Sweet Rice (FE) is a must! FE really nailed it with this.

@anon13011326 - It is very very easy to make (Less than 5 ingredients) and you can get most, if not all the ingredients at your local super market. If they have an ā€œAsianā€ section, your pretty much good to go. LOL

Here is a good step by step recipe online. If you are making it just for yourself, just cut the recipe in half.

3 Likes

@Leilani Oh great, you HAD to show the video. Now Iā€™m hungry too !!! I think the only rice flavor Iā€™d tried thus far was the RF SC Rice Pudding, and it was so so, so if youā€™re saying FE nailed it, good enough for me.

2 Likes

Also, in this world of Gluten Free, I was happy to see it was ā€œGlutinousā€. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The video was for educational purposes Session. :nerd_face: ā€¦looks good right? Tastes even better than you could imagine in your wildest dreams. Rice Pudding has nothing on this. Iā€™ve heard of the RF SC Rice Pudding and read the same reviews as youā€™ve stated - ā€œSo Soā€.

LOL, you know what, sweet sticky rice aka glutinous rice, is gluten-free. The beauty of the term ā€œGlutinousā€ here refers to the fact that glutinous sticky rice is glue-like in texture when it is cooked. :blush: But if you like you can crumbles some coconut granola bites, sprinkle it on top and go crazy with Gluten. LOL

1 Like

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I didnā€™t know that. Iā€™m still going to make it. You have to LOVE what you can learn, on ELR.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hiliq rice I canā€™t rave enough about. @fidalgo_vapes can testify how much better it is compared to ecx. To me ecx has a lemony taste to it which makes me think cereal. The recipe looks solid though. Great work!

3 Likes

yes the hiliq rice is rice plain and simple i havent had the FE but im amazed at how well the hiliq flaves replicate what they are supposed to be

4 Likes

im actually working on a horchata using that rice but i need to buy a cinnamon but am not sure which one is best

3 Likes

Thank you JuiceJJ!

My heart just skipped two beats. I didnā€™t know that were other plain Rice flavors. I have never heard of this brand HiliQ ā€¦ Is this it?! Also, is this more of a sweet sticky rice, jasmine rice, brown riceā€¦?

@SessionDrummer ā€¦there NOW may be a Sweet Rice sub for FEā€¦ I will acquire this HiLIQ concentrate.:expressionless:

4 Likes

Iā€™d say itā€™s more like a white riceā€¦kind of thick and grainy. Not sweet. I use it in a recipe to make a senor Rico rice pudding flavor. Itā€™s pretty spot on. This is senor Rico rice pudding in case itā€™s not in your area.

Unfortunately hiliq is in China and shipping is pretty expensive. Theyā€™re nic is top notch too. I think itā€™s better than anything I have gotten in the states. Itā€™s definitely one of the clearest I have had. If you look into to it talk to hiliq on the thread here and they might give you a discount code or something. They are usually pretty helpful.

Iā€™ll check my stash when I get home. I could send you a sample to try out. Iā€™m in love with it and I bought a 100ml so Iā€™ve been passing it around a little to let others see how good it is. When I order more nic Iā€™ll definitely pick up another 100ml.

4 Likes

that rice pudding is not pretty spot on , its exact very impressive

3 Likes

White Rice. Got It.

Iā€™ve never had the Senor Rico Rice Pudding. But I do love it - Rice is in my blood so all mannerā€™s of Rice based desserts are in my wheelhouse.

Thank you for confirmation on HilIQ. I registered for an account on their website. The shipping ranges from $17.99 - $20.50 to the United States. That is pricey, but doable. I would gladly pay to have a concentrate that I can use for the exact flavor profile I need vs buying different flavors from various vendors that may not work (the cost would add up eventually).

Thank you again JJJ.

2 Likes