New Recipe Showcase 2017

Now I’m super curious about that name… You posted that comment a while ago and I haven’t read all the response comments, but did you ever post the recipe?

2 Likes

i have never used BC as a main note in a juice , ive always used it as a booster type of secondary note , but i need to try it out , this year ive promised myself to make at least one new recipe a month and to break old habits and try new things , 2017 i really steeped back from making new mixes ( original ) due to laziness 2018 should be more exciting for myself

4 Likes

Great idea.
Similarly I will try and experiment more with a large portion of my flavour stash that just sits there,waiting to be used!

3 Likes

this i should have included , i have so many untouched flaves that all ive done was SF test

4 Likes

Not yet. But I’ve finished the last couple of tests that I wanted to do (which included LA butter rum, and FR butterscotch.) FWIW, both proved to be unsuitable for the desired direction.

In talking with another friend recently, I’m beginning to think it’s where it’s final…as everything I’ve tried over the past few months has either been a distraction, or wasn’t beneficial to the recipe.

It’s hard to let go though, because there are still a couple of “heavy hitter” flavors (NF, FLV, DIYFS) that I have yet to work with. Not to mention, FA Butter (because I didn’t have spare syringes for it at the last mix session).

The questions that I have been using to measure the gaps are varied though.

Is it good enough to release? Yes, absolutely.
Is it 100% perfect? No. (at least by my standards/goal)
Is it better than most house blends? Yes.
Is this intended to be a “Signature” or general contribution? Definitely an attempt to create a signature flavor.
Am I over-thinking things? You have to ask? LMAO
(obviously, but, that’s part of being a perfectionist).

I’m strongly leaning towards just releasing it though.
I think @daath fixed the date changing issue…(when a recipe goes from private to public), but I’ll wait for his confirmation before doing so.

5 Likes

Do I have to say it? No. But I will. FA butter is always the answer. :+1: :joy: :yum:

7 Likes

Well now I’m even more interested in trying it. I hope it doesn’t mean buying even MORE flavors! Please post it here when you do (or a link) so I don’t miss it!

4 Likes

I hate to burst your bubble…But you do realize, it’s almost an ELR (mixing) requirement. :wink: :laughing:

Definitely will do!

7 Likes

Liking this after a month steep

9 Likes

Looks yummy lolly! I read it over and over looking for coffee. Ill have to drink some while testing this out .
Thanks for sharing

2 Likes
3 Likes

nice looking recipe , does the joy boost the cap funnel cake ??

2 Likes

Yes it does. Capella’s Funnel Cake will fade pretty fast and Joy helps maintain the flavor and adds a little more depth. I usually always pair them when using the Capella Funnel Cake.

2 Likes

No coffee beaut, it’s banana and toffee :grinning:

Should be lovely with a cup of coffee though! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

It’s still on my todo list - I have to change it a bit, so that the date and time of the first time the recipe was made public is preserved. Right now it’s just the original creation date - Meaning if you work two months on a recipe and decide to make it public, it will not be on the front page…

This is what I was hoping would be preserved (though I think I just got confused even further… Lol)

Even though it’s a LONG time after I actually first started working on it (Yay for hard copy notes), it changed more than a fair bit from my very first attempt. :laughing: I didn’t key anything in on ELR until I started getting really happy with it.