New Recipe Showcase 2018

Marked private

1 Like

Try it now.

3 Likes

That looks Awesome, I love WF sour flavors, they work great in alot of good recipe’s !!!

2 Likes

This looks really good!

3 Likes

It needs at least a week, but it’s well-liked among some friends & myself.

2 Likes

RY_WHORE (Gmix)

Ingredient %
Am4A (INAWERA) 1.50
Caramel (MF) 0.50
Gold Ducat (INAWERA) 1.00
Menthol 25% (DIY) 0.35
Tobacco DNB (INAWERA) 0.30
Vanilla (MF) 0.40
Virginia (FA) 2.00

Flavor total: 6.05%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Notes
I did quite a bit of research before attempting this RY4 mix. I own several RY4 concentrates, but I haven’t been satisfied with any. There was a RY4 craze going on at ELR, but to me it wasn’t a true representation of what I thought a RY4 should be. So I made one from Tobacco concentrates that I’ve enjoyed over the years.

As for the taste of this mix I get a tobacco taste that’s very prominent, followed by a good caramel note and a very soft vanilla. Menthol is optional as I enjoyed menthol tobacco.

This ain’t that bakery RY4 that some vapers enjoy, but a tobacco forward RY4 for those looking for a good tobacco flavored vape.

Notes I found to be invaluable in creating this mix…

What is RY4 E-Liquid
History:

RY4 E-Liquid was originally made by Chang Ning Dekang Biological Technology Co. for Ruyan Group Limited. Dekang defines the RY series as so (slightly modified for better translation);

RY1: Very subtle mixture of Tobacco aromas
RY2: Taste dry tobacco, raw, with no sweet aftertaste
Ry3: Exceptional blend of tobaccos, slightly sweet taste quite indescribable
Ry4: Tobacco blend with the trends of caramel and vanilla

The RY4 flavour became an instant hit, and every other E-Liquid manufacturer and DIY hobbyist set out to re-create this complex E-Liquid.

RY4… Amongst most vapors is considered legendary. With its foggy history, dozens of variations, and rumors of a rogue chemist hiding out in a cave somewhere in China. Clenched in his hands the stolen recipe of the “real RY4” so overtaken by the aroma that not even in the grips of his impeding death, would he set it free.

Ok, so that last part was made up.

Flavour:

For an E-Liquid to be classed as RY4 it must contain all of the 3 principal ingredients. They are Tobacco, Caramel and Vanilla.

The great variety of RY4 flavours are a result of the many different combinations of the main 3 ingredients.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Morning Sir!

I know you are a big fan of MF, but i don´t have them yet. Can i sub the Caramel and Vanilla? I remember that you told in a other thread it works, but don´t remember the %. Caramel i have FA and LA. What do you recommend?

1 Like

Just wondering how this goes, it looks like a nice additive that is a bit different, I’ve have been reading the notes, so I think this goes on the list. :wink:

I’m always on the look out for flavours like this, a complete recipe needs side notes to play in tune with the melody. (Something I’ve learnt this week).

2 Likes

I just recently started learning about flavor bending and I wanted to see if this would make the blueberry in the recipe pop. It actually added a really nice lavander back note to the recipe and made it go from a good recipe to a great one. I’ve been mixing for a little over a year now (almost daily) and I’m still learning too. There’s so many flavors out there that its next to impossible to know them all. The flavor notes are a big assett. I keep mine in a hard cover notebook.

5 Likes
2 Likes

This mixing is just like nursing, there is always something new to learn. I hope I’m remembering correctly and you said you were a nurse once before.

I’m still relying on my photographic memory, but 2 months in and I’m starting to get information overload.

But I think I’ll hunt that flavour down, I can’t imagine it would be that common.

3 Likes

I’m the same way as you, yep I’m a nurse too.
I got the flavor from bullcity but I’m not sure where u go to in Aussie.

4 Likes

I’d suggest using which ever you like most… that’s what I did. Caramel and Vanilla are second and third notes. Use them at at 1/2 single flavor strength or less. You only need to accent the tobaccos… good luck.

2 Likes

I won the DIY Down Under March contest with this recipe!! I belong to a group on fb and id like to share it with all of you.

19 Likes

Congratulations with the win!
It looks a very nice recipe that I might have to try out.
Will need to get me some VTA concentrates?

2 Likes

Awesome! I steeped it a few weeks. If u like bakery then you’ll really enjoy it! The pears really do taste caramelized and over ice cream.

The butter is fantastic!!! If ur gonna get butter this would be a better choice than FA bcuz I’m hearing that FA butter is not gonna be sold anymore. This one is really great!!!
I got the VTA in the recipe from BCF

3 Likes

Looks tasty!
Congrats on the win!

About the Honeycomb (VTA)… What profile is that? Like the American cereal “Honeycomb”? Or in the traditional sense of the word, ie: made by bees?

Also, would FA Butter sub out alright (with an adjusted percentage)? Or are you not familiar with it?

TIA!

2 Likes

Thank you :))
Its more like a warm and dark caramel with a slightly sticky mouthfeel. Its what gives the pears a nice caramelized note. It worked fantastic for that here!

I’m not sure how it would be as far as percentages for a FA sub but from what I hear about the it it can sub for it. The VTA butter is spot on creamy beautiful butter with no weird off notes. It smells strong but at .5% it didn’t overwhelm the recipe at all. I used it just like I would in a food recipe and it worked great!!

2 Likes

Aussie honeycomb not from bees

6 Likes