New Recipe Showcase (2015-2016)

Ha, yeah and I need to learn more about your “perfect peach” mixture too. @Amy2 hasn’t been frequenting much lately. I am assuming that she is moving around now, but maybe you guys will re-emerge around the same time and we can talk flower flavors. I have a big pile and there are going to be some attempts to push the envelope for me this weekend.

I used to work all the holidays setting up conference rooms for parties and dinners and then serving them. I slept in a lot of hotel rooms for a few years working weird, hard hours… I think people tend to take available food/service during this time for granted, but I know that most seem to appreciate it at some point in their meals. Thanks to you on their behalf.

The lab can be an escape or salve for personal life, at least for me. Its a good place for me to hide from the world. I wish I spent more time there too.

2 Likes

That looks really good. I don’t have all the flavors (like vanilla bean…but I think I can fake it with FA vanilla and Vienna cream). Insert computer sounds and old dot matrix printer. Done and done will be mixing it tomorrow.

Let me know how yours turns out. This was just a stab at a recipe so I will probably play around with it some.

The Vanilla Bean really is a good ice cream flavor. Vienna Cream and Vanilla will get you close. But there will be a difference. I use Vienna Cream a lot, and it is one of my favs. Using it should be good. Maybe even better.

I’ll do my best to remember. I’ll be mixing it tomorrow and letting it steep for Atleast 3-4 days since I don’t shake and vape. If I forget and you happen to remember remind me…I’m still working out my organizational skills and havnt figured out how to give gold star feedback. I’m good with my notes, my recipie book…now struggling how to manage the computer folders of image prints+recipie files

Did the lemon on this recipe fade after a while ? I made a lemon cake recipe recently and used about 3 % lemon Sicily and 1% FW Lemonade and it faded after a week or so …almost out of existence ! Only detectable at high temp but even then very faint .

Hey I been working too back to work 4 me I just came off a month and a half break in between contracts so now I am back to being a working stiff ( sounds wrong considering what I do for a living LOL )

You want to talk flora and florals lets head over to the flora and the like thread …where everythings flora Or florals :wink:

@DarthVapor are you around ??

1 Like

You rock Amy!

1 Like

Lovin’ this Pineapple vape!

Shenan•Agains

Ingredient %
Butter Cream (CAP) 1.5
Cookie (FA) 2.25
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) 2
Fuji Apple (FA) 0.5
Lemon Sicily (FA) 1
Pineapple (INAWERA) 2.5
Sweet Coconut (Flavorah) 2
Sweet Cream (CAP) 2

Flavor total: 13.75%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
3 Likes

Here is my latest. I cannot keep my hands off it:

Pearvana : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/350880/Pearvana

0.75% Cream Fresh (FA)
0.5% Marzipan (FA)
4% Pear (FA)
1.25% Salted Caramel (FW)
0.5% Vanilla Tahiti (FA)
2.75% Ylang Ylang (FA)

Flavor total: 9.75%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/2MjB

2 Likes

I can’t wait for my vanilla tahity and ylang ylang to get here so I can try that! I only have Inawera’s Pear, but from what I’ve heard it’s on par with FA’s so I’m hoping subbing it won’t change the recipe too much. Thanks for sharing it with us. :wink:

I love mixing this with fruits and cream mixes. It adds a ton of juicy sweetness without a overbearing flavor note. One of my faves is with fig, pear and cactus… insanely good.

1 Like

So fig IS good? I’m with you, love the other two. Thought I read the fig was bad, but if it’s there with the pear and cactus, I’m in. I love the real thing, fresh fig.

@JoJo, I just tried the TFA Pear last night. It is good, not great, but the FA is the best thing I can imagine. I apparently have Pear (INW)…didn’t I say I’d try that for you? Let me dig it out as I know I haven’t tasted it. Pear (FA) though…crazy good. Captures the florals, the juiciness. It’s wonderful.

I’ll mix 5 strawberries together, but I’m not touching Pear (FA).

2 Likes

Some here says FA Fig is very good, but I haven’t tried it. I have German Flavors Fig and I like it a lot. I also have INW Cactus… good stuff also.

Thanks…I’m still going to try FA I guess. FA really let me down with mangosteen though. If anyone finds an authentic mangosteen, please contact me.

I have a tobacco that I am working on with cactus (inw)…accidental cross-pollination in my dripper…that flavor can really pull out florals and accentuate other flavors. I think it is just such a stark contrast that it makes other flavors stick out. Its one of the great fruit/florals.

2 Likes

LoL Yeah. I need to get FA Pear, just haven’t gotten around to it. I’m having deja vu. I think we’ve had this conversation already. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really like FA’s Fig. I don’t use it a whole lot, but I have a cinnamon vanilla honey fig that is good. I think @Jimk uses it and likes it as well. hhmm…I’m thinking an attempt at a fig newton is in my near future. :wink:

3 Likes

Have to say yes to that. :+1: FA fig was tasty enough for me to stop looking for another fig immediately.

I have had FA Pear on my shopping list forever. My last 3 orders from ECX came in and I thought I had ordered it on every one of them. For the life of me I don’t know how I keep missing it! I am ordering it right now!

1 Like

I just remembered, I have an order on the way from Nicotine River. All FA stuff. I thought… wait, I probably ordered it there. NOPE! Duh!

I have everything BUT the raspberry (which I don’t care for fruits much anyway) I am going to try this without it :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

About the only thing I like Fig in is a Fig Newton. Might be worth it just to experiment there? I have a HUGE fig tree in my yard too which is sad LOL. My husband love Fig ice cream though, so that might be an idea for the Fig if you’re fond of the flavor

1 Like