New set up, new issues

This is once everything has been dry fired, wicked, filled and ready to vape.

4 Likes

I’ve heard that a lot. But I’ve run 316L, both contact and spaced, without issue. Dunno why.

4 Likes

Depends on the mod, some cope way better.

3 Likes

Taken all of your suggestions except for the firmware update which Ill do later and hope that fixes it. Everything else Ive tried has done nothing to help/fix the problem. I do really appreciate all the suggestions you folks have given me. Thanks

4 Likes

That firmware update looks like it’s specifically for TC issues.

3 Likes

Wismec, Smok, Joytech, and others are IMO renowned for being “flaky/fiddly” when it comes to TC. Meaning, they don’t act or respond like you think they should (especially if you’ve used a quality TC Mod before.

It’s a balancing act to find their operational “sweet spot”, and this can vary within the same brand from mod to mod (heavily depending on the board’s components, as well as the firmware).

What’s helped me in the past (to getting them even marginally operational) is to vary both the temp setting and then the power setting, until you start to get it to fire for two seconds (and then go into protect), adjust again for three seconds consistent fire, and repeat until you find your happy place.

It’s a hugely annoying pain in the ass. But that’s basically what those brands are AFA TC. IMO, it’s ‘worthwhile’ to learn how to work within the framework that they use, because it still kind of runs rampant in certain companies. But on the other hand, it’s 2019, and there’s plenty of better options out there if you’re genuinely interested in using TC as your daily driver! :wink:

Personally, it’s simpler to just use those in power mode (or familiarize yourself with ArcticFox - if you have the option). But I understand we all have to work with what we have at times!

Good luck though!

3 Likes

Ok so after many painstaking hours of trial and error, I have finally figured out the issue… Turns out I wasnt adjusting the wattage output for TC mode. I was literally changing everything else except for that. It was putting out 220w instantly taking the temp to the 300 degrees I wanted to vape at. I dropped the wattage to 150 and BLAMO… vapes fine. Thank you again for all your thoughts, suggestions and input.

10 Likes

P.S.

I feel like a dope hehe

7 Likes

No worries! We all have our Derp :crazy_face: moments… :wink:

Bottom line is that you got it sorted! :thumbsup:

7 Likes