New study suggests vaping damages the heart

It looks like both you and your cat is safe now with them nice hats on your heads :smile:

3 Likes

take a peek at thisā€¦ https://debunkingdenialism.com/2014/02/16/time-to-get-rid-of-bad-science-journalism/

1 Like

man I love the word ā€˜Crankeryā€™

2 Likes

OK ā€¦ I feel safer now ā€¦ LOL

14 Likes

5% vaping compared to 95% cigarettes according to the UK Health Ministry. Itā€™s sad this conversation is coming up now cause approximately 2 years ago a cardiologist did a study on the effects of vaping on the heart. His results were it lowered blood pressure significantly compared to cigarettes. So much so he deemed vaping safe on the heart. Nothing was mentioned about stiffening of the aorta but Iā€™m guessing that the difference in severity of effect between tobacco and vaping is the same as the differences in blood pressure. Wish I could pull that article up now but that ainā€™t gonna happen. By the way, Iā€™m living proof of the blood pressure drop. I used to be on blood pressure medicine. I no longer need it and eat no different than beforeā€¦

5 Likes

True that! They also neglect to say that cigarettes also contain this same DEADLY chemical PLUS, no one has ever contracted Popcorn Lung other than factory workers in the Microwave Popcorn Industryā€¦

4 Likes

Ok, hereā€™s the dealā€¦

/tongue-n-cheek

FACT: I smelled like an ashtray for 40 years and couldnā€™tā€™ breathe well at all. Oh, and no one liked me.

FACT: Iā€™ve been vaping for 1.6 years now, smell like cookies, and breathe just fine. EVERYONE loves me!

So, tell ME vaping is ā€˜badā€™??? pfftā€¦ just stop.
/tongue-n-cheek

13 Likes

Near the same story, everyone likes me now, or calls me a assā€¦lol

5 Likes

Hereā€™s an article that I think sums up most of our thoughts nicely. http://vaperanks.com/big-media-falsely-claims-that-vaping-is-just-as-bad-as-smoking-again/

4 Likes

We are swamped with orders right now , but yours will ship in the morning.I hope you realize the Y2K16 model does nothing to guard against trolls.You will need the Troll Hunter 16 model or TH16.
It has extra layers to keep bullshit from getting close to the skin ,much less under it!
Would you like to have me add the TH16 to your order?

16 Likes

Was this in your last newsletter?!?! Holy crap! Yes, yes, yes! Please add the TH16 to my order! And @Rob62 has made remarkable strides in the research on E juice protection! I see your product line increasing daily! :grinning:

8 Likes

What if i told you cookies contain crapinogens and have been known to make people enjoy depeche mode?

3 Likes

Thats just Hilarious ā€¦ I canā€™t stop Laughing :joy:

2 Likes

Well, hereā€™s one issue.

If you would equate ā€œtin foilā€ to ā€œconspiracy theoriesā€ then youā€™d be on more solid ground just as a starting position.

But when you link ā€œtin foilā€ directly to proven conspiracies (all the harmful chemicals, known to cause illnesses, cancer, and even death itself, that are not only intentionally added, but are legally allowed to be added, and continued to be added and sold) then personally, your judgement comes into question.

To be compounded by the fact that, not only long after all the court battles, label changes, and settled lawsuits (for those prior to the those battles), but somehow New York manages to help their industry add YET MORE CHEMICALS to the already deadly concoction when they make the new FSC (fire safe cigarettes) a law. And worse still, help push that across the entire country, again under the guise of ā€œprotecting the publicā€ for not having that one in half a million houses burning down, meanwhile harming literally millions more every single day, but this time not only the original chemical cocktail, but the new and improved ā€œFSC death blendā€.

Yeah, I get questioning sources. Have no doubt of that. In fact, I question the reason you want to play Devilā€™s Advocate for two sources that are not only known for, but renown for being biased sources of agenda with hugely slanted views.

6 Likes
  1. The sources are suspect.

2. Tobacco companies lied for 50 years about cigarettes being addictive or harmful.

3. My own experience says otherwise.

4 Likes

Nail on the head! :smiling_imp:

This pretty much sums up the source of the posted article:

ā€œThe Daily Mailā€™s writers are often known for being stubbornly vitriolic, all of whom can turn a fly taking a shit on a scrapheap into a national outrage that threatens the very fabric of society itself. Whenever a mass health scare happens, you can almost guarantee that these people write more words on the subject than any informed and qualified science correspondent.ā€

From reading this article from the dailymail.co.ukā€¦ Now I know Iā€™m going to probably die tomorrow! :laughing: Between 8pm and Midnight is my usual time for feasting!

ā€¦as they used to say, I wouldnā€™t line my bird cage or wrap fish with this rag.

7 Likes

And just to addā€¦
Fox cancelled Firefly.
for that reason alone, they are a huge bunch of cockwombles.

ā€¦its relevant :neutral_face:

6 Likes

How am i playing devils advocate? Iā€™m pointing out that the vaping community is itself EXTREMELY biased, as this thread proves. Nobody questions the findings this much when it agrees with their own wishes. Thatā€™s a fact.
Question my reasons? Youā€™re right, Iā€™m secretly a ceo for a big tobacco company and Iā€™m secretly trying to bring down the vaping industry. Itā€™s called objectivity. Something a lot of people lack. Whenever something appears in a newspaper that doesnā€™t agree with a persons perceived notions of what should be then itā€™s a conspiracy. When they like what theyā€™re reading it suddenly becomes confirmation. Thatā€™s what confirmation bias is.
I question your reasons for suggesting the European cardiology society and a respected athens medical scientist is less than trustworthy because you donā€™t like what you read.
Not sure why you think that a newspapers is lying just because newspapers tend to sensationalize things. Selling newspapers is one thing, purposefully trying to paint a study in the opposite of what it suggests is a very different thing.

I can see it doesnā€™t matter what the study suggests, itā€™s in disrepute becauseā€¦wellā€¦it doesnā€™t say vaping is as safe as some studies claimed a year ago. Iā€™m sure in a years time when we have even more information that will be irrelevant as well unless it fits with what we all want to hear.

Is that breaking news or just common sense?

Nicotine restricts blood vessels, which causes a lot of issues by itself. Think pulmonary strainā€¦

Your inhaling vapour made up of what are essentially oils, these make there way into your blood stream, they WILL have an effect on you at some point especially if you constantly inhaled it, cancer / heart disease / other major disease? Possibly but not proven yet? Anyone know of any real life cases? If it did im sure it would be big news and we would all stop, however, smoking cigarettes WILL kill you no ifs no buts, not necessarily cancer but smoking causes lots of different illnesses and problems that assist a state of death.

Those that need to vape to keep away from the ciggys know it and thatā€™s why they vape, not because itā€™s healthy but because itā€™s not guaranteed death.

Edit: plus itā€™s delicious and yummy and fun

5 Likes

I havenā€™t heard of anybody getting ill or dying due to vaping. I just think that real life is more convincing than studies that nobody is sure about. I feel so much better since I quit smoking and I would love to see some actual evidence. death record, hospital record, the actual study. ANYTHING :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes