New study suggests vaping damages the heart

yeah I’m not gonna lie man it was HORRENDOUS, but they can do some pretty cool stuff these days, I have private medical with work, small mercies and all that, 20 years ago I’d of been in traction for 6 months, but i was back to work in 3 :+1:

3 Likes

I’m glad they were able to get you back to being “mobile”… That in itself is amazing.

I feel for ya bud… Mom just had both knees replaced (in the last few years) and her recovery time was amazing, basically back on her feet in only a matter of weeks. Unfortunately however, she also has a degenerative condition with her spine. So I understand (or at least empathize) with the level of pain that comes with such injuries.

Damned glad that some things have come as far as they have! Might not have had the pleasure of your company if medicine was where it was only 40-50 years ago.

1 Like

Me myself is sitting at home recovering from back surgery because of a broken disc in my back and all i can say is that it’s not working out as i have hoped thus far.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Sending prayers and thoughts your way.

Back injuries are fierce.

4 Likes

My mums having both knees done very soon, she’s 78 it’s gonna be tough tho I’m guessing, and yeah modern medicine is pretty incredible, although after the op I was pretty much ‘self medicated’ for the first year…:roll_eyes::dash:

2 Likes

Stick with it man, do what you can as often as you can, physio whenever possible and stay mobile, totally understand your plight :+1: it’s really tough but you’ll get there, stay strong :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks bro, i’m doing all of that already combined with staying positive. :thumbsup:
I’m really glad to see you are up and running after that surgery you had becoming all wolverine and all :smile:

1 Like

thanks brother :+1: it’s a bumpy ride man you’ll have good and bad days, but for the life of me I cannot get these claws out…I’ve tried everything man seriously…think they’re broken :disappointed:

3 Likes

Solidarity bother! I’ve been in the same biz since 1985; primarily live stage theatre. By my own choosing, the days of coliseum and arena gigs are far behind me. Last gig like that was Prince 2004 tour; truss spot position… I don’t miss climbing that wire rope ladder. :scream:

The incessant lifting and hauling caused me two herniated disks in the L4&5 region. Luckily, I was able to have a couple of steroid injections in my back to shrink the damage; no surgery for me. The worst part was signing the piece of paper which said I couldn’t sue them if I was unable to get off the table after the procedure. :rage:

Now, I usually just point my finger while the young folks do all the grunt work. :grinning:

6 Likes

see what I mean! rife, nice one @Kinnikinnick, you’ll know what a physical job it is then, you haven’t lived till you’ve done an out at 3am in the pouring rain in the middle of a muddy park a mile away from the truck :skull: lol, I never did those wire rope ladders, wasn’t our bag, we didn’t do the big tours so much as corporate conferences and the like, still do some concert work but my company pretty much sold there soles to corporate, we still do some of the big festivals, and warehouse project is one of ours, but I primarily manage the base now, Dispatch Manager, make sure it all goes where it’s meant to and run the warehouse, haven’t gigged since the Op…can’t say I miss it lol…

4 Likes

Yup. I was basically the production/rental manager at a stage lighting company for the better part of 20 years; the big facilitator, so to speak. Worked in the warehouse, on location and did IATSE gigs on the side. Finally retired from all that, but fell back into an ME position at the local performing arts center in Raleigh, NC.

Not to hijack the thread anymore, but, just wanted to let you know I feel your pain! :confounded:

4 Likes

No worries, Brothers…this thread was hijacked 151 posts ago…then it was run over by several trains…
plus, you are still on topic…health…and you are vapers, eh?

Here, I will put it back on track, shiny side up

Professor Peter Hajek, director of the Tobacco Dependence Research Unit at the Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine at Queen Mary University London, said:

“The study is reporting on a well-known short-term effect of nicotine – stiffening of arteries – that accompanies all types of stimulation. The same effect is generated by watching a thriller or a football match or sitting an exam. Drinking a cup of coffee actually produces a larger response of much longer duration. The key heart health risks of smoking are not caused by nicotine but by other chemicals in tobacco smoke that are not present in e-cigarette vapour.”

9 Likes

That happens to me when I just THINK about eating a full rack of smoked pork ribs! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Mmmmm…pig. :pig:

7 Likes

It still happens to me when a mermaid filters my juice through her hair.

@Pugs1970

6 Likes

p pu pu pu pu puffpuff thats my name, excuse my stutter, try my tangy apple custard, its delicious :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/836880/Tangy%20Apple%20Custard

1 Like

New study suggests BS creates more BS

Stay tuned for details at 9…

10 Likes

Too true vapemaster.
The cigalikes are “Said to be” pumped out by big tobacco so people will get turnd off the m and go back to real cigs,
(Note I wrote “SAID TO BE”, and not “THEY ARE” That one of the many terms used by propagandists use to dodge the libel law suits.
Same as COULD BE, OR APPEARS TO BE. No cold facts just propaganda.
Heres an idea, get everyone whos been vaping for a long tome 5yrs, 8yrs whatever and get them to have a medical checkup. run a country mile , and see how theyre feeling .
Im only 7 mths on vapes and already doing much better.
how bout everyone else.

2 Likes

Sadly I would not trust any main stream media outlet. They aren’t independent so you can’t really trust them 100%. And let’s be real, nicotine was never the problem in cigarettes.

5 Likes

You missed the BIG one “Deemed it Bad” the FDA started all this for our greater good because they know whats best for us.

2 Likes

fox news well that right there could tell you something

3 Likes