New Sweeteners

Yeah. It’s one of the major selling points for Pyure over other brands of liquid stevia for a lot of people. Both of those components are supposed to help fruit flavors ‘pop.’ You can get Now Foods Stevia Glycerite and it’s just stevia and glycerine (and maybe water) on amazon or sometimes in a health food store. Might be worth a go if you like the sweetness of the stevia but not the other stuff. :wink:

2 Likes

I ordered some Stevia because of all the posts on here about it. Being a noob I ordered it from NN because I don’t like the idea of vaping Pyure or lemon juice from my fridge for that matter.

How is the Erythritol working for you?

It comes in the mail today! I really cant wait to try it. I’m going to start testing it on Monday!

1 Like

I have some mixes steeping with Reb A and I also got some Erythritol batches steeping I don’t use a lot of sweeteners but I’ll be curious to see how they both work out. I pretty much stayed under 1% for both and I want to say I paired them w/ MF extracts so they’ll be steeping a good month if not more.

1 Like

Erythritol is the best with Monk fruit a close second for me. However the MF has a spice to it that I think works better in bakery flavors not fruit blends

2 Likes

Haven’t noticed any spice in the MF but by golly I’ll have to try it in some bakery recipes. Any reason for me to use MF is good enough for me!!:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Bogey_Again
Your right I totally forget my Cinnamon Danish Swirl rocks the Monk Fruit. Don’t know how I forgot because I can’t put it down in the evenings. So :+1: on the bakery. Gonna try more…

Once I stated mixing sweeteners would make me cringe every time I added it. (Only when making someone else’s recipes) Marshmallow & Meringue were my goto substitutions.

Strawberry is a weak or totally nonexistent flavor to me. I read that sweeteners would bring it out so I purchased all of them. Started testing in a simple 3 flavor Apple/strawberry/? mix and found the only one that works is Erythritol.

I’ll take your advice and mix some SDS with MF.

I agree Strawberry is a tough flavor to master. It can be done as you stated with sweeteners and multiple manufacturers. Also, never allow strawberry recipes to breath. If mixed with creams I always add strawberry after. TFA, CAP mixed together works for me.

i just bought this from a local nutrition store
https://www.nunaturals.com/collections/nustevia/products/pure-liquid-clear-nustevia-glass-bottle-2-oz

from the site " Clear NuStevia Liquid Stevia Extract contains 200 mg per ml and is in a base of vegetable glycerine and 20% pure grain alcohol"

would appreciate any guidance and experiences if someone already using this in their mixes, % in mixes and do you breath/heat the alcohol out - is “pure grain alcohol” same as other alcohol “bad” types? if positive feedback then i’ll go stock on some more… in the local store, it’s ~ $16 per 2 Oz

cheers,

OK. i just tried this NuStevia sweetener in a cup/mug of tea, 6 drops+ and i don’t get any sweetness :frowning:

the tea bitterness is gone, but it is not sweetened as i expected. not even close to a spoon of sugar (i exclusively use brown sugar for many years now, and yes, i think i have a sweet tooth) - product not working?
i added 2 drops in a 5ml tank of juice (RollzUp Watermelon), noticed no difference - maybe my sweet sensors are dead? or is the Stevia that weak by default?

any ideas? help!