New to forum, Considering switching to RBA

Ok thanks! I woke up today with more of a sore throat than any other day this past week. Had to put in an old store bought Clapton coil i had only used for a day or 2 previously believe with was a clp2 or something (btw no issues with same juice in any pre made coils) I plan on buying and buying some 0 nic of the same juice, and if I get results I will mix with my 12 nic and cut that in half. Also with grab a “sample size” of the 0 nic no flavor stuff. Was going to get some kanthol and wicking also but now considering something to run in temp control to rule out any high temp that may be the culprit. I want to take care of this by the end of the night so anymore suggestions would help.

That’s actually quite funny. I bought myself a Griffin 25 plus today and I’m not at all impressed with flavor. I also find it’s bloody hard to build on, there are much better build decks on rta’s today.
I bought it because it had good reviews and was recommended for flavor by the sales girl and I was really looking for something with a tank. Even though I already have a TFV8 with rebuildable deck, I like to have different RTA’s just for the sake of it.
My TFV8 has much better flavor, almost exponentially better, is way easier to build on. It is almost comparable to regular drippers like my tsunami or goon or even a clone or 2.

It’s funny how different people can have such widely varied experiences with the same tanks :slight_smile: I can understand that people have different palettes and like different flavors, but the experience from a tank is something I expected to be quite similar no matter who vapes it.

1 Like

I’m simply having a wonderful time with RBA’s. I’ve moved to only rebuildables. That is primarily due to the my geek quotient. “I wonder what this thing will do with this other build in it?” I actually enjoy putzing around with the wicks to get them just right. I simply enjoy the challenge. Right now I have three RTAs that are real performers: Griffin 25+, Sense RTA2, believe it or not a Crystal Ball. I haven’t found a bad RDA yet. Of course your results may vary. I’ve built a number of tanks with optional RBA cores and not been as impressed as I am with tanks that are made to be only build decks. It’s a hobby. Now, having said all that, I do keep a couple of tanks “stable” for daily vaping while working up a new RDA or changing up an older one. It takes me time to get to a reliable build sometimes.

1 Like

I find the Griffin 25 Plus to be much, much easier to build and wick than the Griffin 22. More room for build, more room for wicking, and accommodates more juice.
As for flavor, which is primary to me, I have had great results using dual fused claptons, and dual alien claptons.
It drinks a lot of juice, but I never get a dry hit.
If it is not giving great flavor, maybe try reducing the amount of wick. I had to play around with the wick more than anything to find the sweet spot.

Thanks everybody. It was the 12 mg nic i was using. Bought a 3 mg and hits like a dream. I put a few full drippers full of the 12 milligram nicotine into the 3 mg to strengthen it just a tad. All is well now! It’s quite a juice hog now also.

2 Likes

I’m also planning on grabbing an aio joytech unit, I need something a little smaller and durable for my shift at work. Carrying around this Cloud Beast 24/7 is nerve-racking comma I’m extremely cautious while handling it, picking it up, putting it down ect… are there any other there small inexpensive good tank units that are durable?

Most tanks are made of glass so you can see the level of your liquid, drippers are usually all metal and a lot sturdier.
I’ve seen a couple tanks thought with a metal outer skeleton which protects the glass, but you can also use vape bands or regular elastic bands to wrap around your tank to protect the glass from breaking when it drops.

I can’t make any recommendations because I have no experience with them. I’m careful with my equipment, never dropped a tank, mod, phone, tablet so I don’t even bother with vapebands or other protectors :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay so I can take precautions like bands and silicone skins and such. The aio product I’m speaking of has a small glass piece to see your juice, otherwise the clerk said it was a realiabke sturdy piece. I really have no way to protect my tfv4, my Sig has a silicone case on already. Its just uncomfortable to use outside the house and would like to keep it at home, also using up a half a bottle of 11 to 12$ juice in a day after getting my new rba working correctly. Below is the piece I’m referring to.

I never could get into RBAs, they just always didn’t hit right, or wicking was off so went straight to RTAs but found the airflow on many popular ones were just too restrictive. After buying the Goon, I never looked back. They are a breeze to build on, and dude if you are worried about building coils, I could always wrap and send you some until you felt comfortable doing it on your own. Wicking an RDA is also beyond easy, it took me much longer to build on an RBA or RTA then play with wick until it was right.

Have had really no issues wicking so far, i have watched enough tutorials to feel fairly comfortable with it. I took about a pre made Clapton coil last night and re wrapped it for my rda. Spent hours making it perfect just for it to spit tons of hot juice in my mouth (dont ever make a spaced Clapton in a tfv4 rda) my issue now is massive juice consumption with this rda. It tastes amazing and works well but am just using double the juice I was before. Anything I can do with the build to cut back? Below are pics of that Clapton disaster that i vaped for about 10 minutes lol. Example, lower ohms seem to result in less juice consumption, maybe a little less wattage. Am i wrong?

Try to make a coil from straight, round wire like 26 or 28g. You won’t need to put as much power through it and it’ll have less surface area to vaporize juice.

1 Like

I’m using the coil that came with tfv4 rba tf- r1, it seems pretty small gauge. Its still using that quantityof juice though, guess it just comes with the territory.

“aromamizer plus my 20ml fish bowl” What is that i need one lol

I tried a couple RDAs and im always getting a weird taste i believe its from the cotton is that normal for dripping? Im using cotton bacon v2 iv tried some stuff that just says japanese organic cotton and same taste with that so i havent tried dripping that taste turned me off but im always hearing its the best way to get best flavor

Maybe you are packing the coils to full with cotton for dripping. You are supposed to be able to move the cotton when it is inserted in the coil, not real easy but still be able to move it.

And when you wick the rda leave space under the coil for air to move freely, if you don’t it might give you a slight off flavor since the real flavor kinda become muted.

2 Likes

Yes i wick properly

Then i got no idea why you get an off flavor with different cottons. The fact that you get off flavors with different cottons tell me that it isn’t the cotton itself that is the problem here.

I would say it is the human factor in some way that make you get that off flavor. But i can only sit here and guess wildly since i can’t see how you wick and how the rda looks with the cotton in it and so on.

Post a few pics where you show us the deck with it wicked, preferably a side view where it is possible to see under the coil and the cotton.

By the way it can also be the placement of your coils that give you bad flavor. Maybe they are to low or to high or something. Post pics as i said

3 Likes

The taste is still there even after thoroughly breaking it in?

3 Likes

I’ve never had a weird taste from Cotton Bacon, even when breaking it in.

I know I’ve had a weird taste off cotton pads when I used them, but only until broken in.

3 Likes