Newb Battery Question About Amp Rating on Batteries

What are the effects of the discharge rating on batteries in relation to vape mods? i.e. Will a 30A battery last longer than a 20A that is rated at the same mAh? What are the differences between batteries with different amp ratings? Does the discharge rate affect heat generation?

1 Like

There are tons of threads of info here to learn more about batteries here and would suggest u do so. The heat comes as u approach the max amps a battery can handle.

3 Likes

In the other thread you stated you had some efest batteries i would suggest that the heat is solely due to them rather than the vtc6 you have - i meant to say something there but was interupted.

3 Likes

Perhaps those are some of those mismarked efests? Does the mod get warm w/ sonys?

3 Likes

I have 3 married Sony pais and 1 pair of the Efest. The Efest do seem to drain faster and get a bit hotter than the Sony. I had not noticed it until now. I have probably vaped more in the last 2 days of no cigs at all than I had in the previous week…lol. Chain vaping on this set up seems hot to me, but since this is my first box mod I really don’t have anything to compare it to. That said, the mod I have does not appear to have any venting holes anywhere around the battery compartment. I hope the designers would have taken that into consideration, but they have vent holes on other mods that they make, so who knows.

1 Like

It does get warm with both batteries, but it seems a little warmer with the Efest. It is not like they are “burn your finger” hot, but I am not a big fan of batteries that get real warm. I just don’t know how prevalent that is with mods…this is my first regulated mod.

1 Like

For reference, I usually vape around .4ohm @ 40-50w.

1 Like

The reason we jumped on u about the efest is that they misadvertised what the amp rating actually is and have had severe consequences. But u said 50w? definetly shouldnt be getting hot. if the batts are over a year w/ charging once a day perhaps its time for some newbies.

1 Like

The Sony are 2 months old and the Efest are about 2 weeks old. I am thinking it is a possible venting issue on the mod combined with chain vaping til the tank gets hot. Unfortunately, right now chain vaping is the only way I can push through the nic cravings.

1 Like