Newby PG nic. ratios

VapeyMama is helping me understand the best way to order PG/Nic base. My thinking is a 30/70 ratio for my little Kanger Sub Ohm .5Ohm tank. I can order 48Mg. or 100Mg. PG and the calculator will do the rest?

3 Likes

I’m gonna try to expand on what I wrote in the welcome thread. Let me know if I’m confusing…lol
So this is what I do.
48mg 50vg/50pg. I usually mix at 80vg/20pg. I use 48mg nic because I hate wearing gloves when I mix, and I’m comfortable handling 48mg without them. I use 50/50 because its easier to shake than vg nic, but allows for a higher vg level in my mix than all pg nic would. If you do go with 100mg, then I’d suggest pg just because its easier to shake than nic with any vg in it.

Yep! If you go to the recipe/calculator side and create a new recipe, you can input your desired ratios and the pg/vg content of your nic, and then at the bottom of the recipe right above the save button you can click “Set these base values as default” and all of your future recipes will auto populate with those base values.

2 Likes

Yes, The calculator will do the math for you. I like using 100mg Nic. for DIYing. But that’s just my preference.

2 Likes

Thanks VM, do you find the 50/50 48 Mg. hard to shake? I’ll be shaking by hand for a while.

Thanks Mark. Do you use 100 Mg. in PG or VG? If you use VG, isn’t it difficult to shake?

1 Like

Its not too difficult if it’s at room temp. I usually shake it (by hand) for a full minute before I start mixing, then for about 10 seconds between each mix.

Great, that’s good to know. I appreciate you taking the time to help me…

1 Like

No problem!

VapeyMama, would it be against any rules if I post a new topic with my planned DIY first order and ask for anyone to critique it or comment? Not sure if that would be against Forum etiquette.

1 Like

Go for it! If anyone has a problem with that tell them to blame me. :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

:laughing:

I use a VG Nicotine Base, But I am the odd bird :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
No I don’t have a issue shaking my mixes.
I have always been a Max VG DIYr.
I warm my main component “VG” prior to adding to my Flavoring & Nic.
Don’t follow my lead, like I said most mixers like a PG base for ease of use.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, that’s good info!

1 Like

I’m sure @Cutlass92 has some pointers on forum etiquette

1 Like

I sure do! Don’t do what I do :rofl:

1 Like

Like what?

1 Like

To save money, 100 mg, 50/50 is pretty popular.

Um well you know big boy!

Fling poo

1 Like

Poo. Yeah. Ok. I got it. Thanks man

1 Like