Nic in VG weight question

Hi all. So my Nic in 100% VG (shots) appear to weigh slightly less (about a gram per 10mls) than the calculator says it should. This means that I can’t use one shot in 50 mls to make 60 mls juice. I have to put in a little more…according to the calculator. Which can’t be right? I buy shots from Darkstar in the UK. Could it be that their PG weighs slightly less?
Previously I was using a different calc as well as elr but now I’m just using this one. However the weight for VG and PG is set.
Am I using it wrong / just a dunce / missing something etc?
Any help appreciated, as I don’t want to go over 3 mg and this is messing with my brain.

2 Likes

I’m not an expert on this but I was wondering if you checked this box in your preferences

2 Likes

I did thanks, but I think that’s for concentrates, as the site gives the weights for VG and PG, and these appear to be set in stone. Cheers!

3 Likes

I’m sure someone else will help you out at some point.
I’m still using syringes, for some reason I’ve never bothered with scales. I don’t mix that often so it’s no hassle.
I’ve got my routine and I’m mainly vaping tobacco so cross contamination is not really a problem for me :relaxed:

2 Likes

Can you give us a screen shot of the recipe, please? It’ll help if we can see all of your settings just in case you missed anything.

1 Like

I can’t do a screen shot cos my phones garbage! Not on computer either. Basically, for 30mls of juice at 3 mg its asking for 5mls of nic. Which is correct. Totally. And the weight is 6.31 grams. Which according to my weak brain is also totally correct if pg weighs 1.261 grams a ml. So…
Either my shots are slightly less than 10mls, or they weigh slightly less. Which is impossible. Gah!

2 Likes

Actually I’ll stick one of my recipes up to show you…

1 Like

http://tjek.nu/r/pj1b

1 Like

Sorry if that’s not the done way. I basically live like a cave man.

1 Like

Thanks btw. I stopped using syringes due to the washing up

2 Likes

Your recipe is marked private, you can click the blue wrench at the top right of your recipe and select copy as simple text, then you can paste it here.

Or, you can make your recipe public but then it’s out there for the world to see. :scream_cat:
You can always make it private again if you want no prying eyes :eyes:

1 Like

Ah! Bugger. I’ll sort that out, thanks! Also, I’m starting to think that my scales might simply be out of whack…

2 Likes

There we go… I hope

2 Likes

I’m not worried about prying eyes. Just embarrassed that it might be rubbish.

2 Likes

Now maybe @Plunderdrum will get back at ya for some more help.
I’ve done all I could. I wish you good luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Thanks very much!

1 Like

This is possible! The recipe looks legit (and tasty!), so perhaps running a calibration on your scales will help. Did yours come with calibration weights?

2 Likes

I just did exactly that! And the scales are calibrated. Which leads me to think that my 10ml shots are more like 9.2 ml shots. Which must be it. Ah well. I’ve emailed my supplier anyway.
Thanks for all the help and have a good weekend!

1 Like

Ah, dang. If you have any unopened shots, and an old syringe laying around, you can transfer it 2ml at a time into a glass or empty shot bottle to see if it has 10ml in it, by volume. If it does, then put the newly emptied bottle back on the scale and see how much it weighs when you transfer it back. It might do well to document this if you are making a case to the supplier that they are shorting bottles.

2 Likes

By your description and your recipe it uses 5ml of Nicotine base so your nicotine is measuring 0.50g less, well a lot of that error can be attributed to inaccurate scales or even ambient temperature of the ingredients.

2 Likes