Nic shots how do you make it?

I was confused from the start, calculating volumetric calculations baffle me, I’ll reread the thread and maybe make sense of it some other time.

Then on top of all the variables I had wrong from the start, Im now sidetracked to look up how many USD a pound is worth, then I get to wondering what happened to EURO’s.

But I didn’t realise we were thing about PG/VG too :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

I do agree with you that the first post was a little confusing, I got what was meant from the title of the topic and his/her second post.

I’ll now go back to lurking in the background :wink:

2 Likes

Mee tooo :thinking:

note to self: Read post title as part of overall post.

2 Likes

Count me in with the confused.

I guess if you want everything to be 100% perfect, it’s the way to go but I don’t really see the point. If you just add the 2.17ml (or 2.25g) nic, you’re not going to offset your PG/VG ratio in a noticeable way, and adding extra PG/VG is going to dilute your flavors more.

My calculation logic works as well to dilute your 72mg nic into 18mg nic shots.
So you dilute your nic by 72/18=4
so
1/4th of 10ml nic base ~ 2.5ml PG+nic
3/4th of 10ml base liquids = 7.5ml of which 6ml VG (60% of your 10ml) and 1.5ml PG (to top up from the 2.5ml of your nic PG)

Gravity calculations as above.

1 Like

I think the logic is lost. That’s why I use a calculator. Meep merp moop.

Hi guys,
I just want to check that I’ve got this right as it’s the first time I’ve bought short fill juice, I usually mix my own from scratch or buy ready made juice with nic.
I have 2x80ml short fill 0mg juice that I need to add nic to and end up with 200ml of juice.
Am I correct that if I want to end up with 200ml of 1.5mg nic juice that I need to add 7.5ml 48mg nic and 32.5ml VG.
I’m pretty sure I’ve calculated this correctly, but want to be 100% sure before I start.

1 Like

So you want to end up with 200ml of liquid, then your nic formula is
Total nic needed: (1.5mg/ml /48mg/ml)*200ml = 6.25ml
Total VG to add: (200ml-6.25ml)-160ml=33.75ml

No way do I need that much VG, the short fill juice is already 160ml, I just need to add a total of 40ml, which will be nic to make the whole 200ml 1.5mg and the rest of the 40ml is VG.
Your calculation is correct if I’m starting from scratch, without the 160ml of 0mg nic juice that I already have.

200ml - 160ml = 40ml (or 4 nic shot bottles)
so if you’re adding 6.25ml nic … then you remain with 33.75ml

48mg/ml is a lot 3 times stronger than the 18mg/ml TPD nic shots
Plus, you don’t want the average 3 or 6mg, just 1.5mg … so yeah… a lot of vg to add :slight_smile:
You can leave it out to have an extra strong tasting liquid too

My apologies, you are correct, thank you.

No worries, that’s just how they make them.
The other thing you can do is dilute your nic to TPD values, half or even a quarter and just add the shots as instructed.
1 part of 48mg/ml nic with 2 parts VG: 18ng/ml
1 part of 48mg/ml nic with 5 parts VG: 9mg/ml
etc

Yea thats how to do it.

https://imgur.com/a/4w46saj

Awesome thanks!

1 Like

I know this is old but it can be confusing.
To make it simple i just use the calc to make either a 10 or 20 ml nic shot (for either 50 or 100ml shortfills) at 18mg.