Nicotine levels

I’m after some help, I have 18mg 100% vg nicotine, do i need to increase the amount in the recipes to make the same nic level?

2 Likes

Ummm. What do you hope to end up with after adding flavors and possibly pg ?

3 Likes

If you want a nic level of 18mg/ml you will have to use your VG nicotine as base and nothing else. You will never get a finished product of 18 though because adding flavours will dilute it somewhat or a lot depending on how much flavour you are using.
If you want to keep the same strength you will have to buy some higher percentage nicotine to use.

3 Likes

I think he wants 18mg/ml finished product, unless I misunderstood.

3 Likes

Sorry, my question is a little misleading, so I vape 3mg juice and use 18mg nicotine, if a recipe has 100mg nicotine do I have to increase the amount in mls or % of nicotine I use to make it the 3mg?

4 Likes

You have to adapt the recipe to conform to your 18mg vg nic.

3 Likes

To do that on this site click the blue box with the little wrench next to the recipe you have chosen and select adapt this.from there put in your specific nicotine type(18mg 100%vg)

3 Likes

Math is very hard. Why not use the calculator on the other side of elr. You can input the starting nic level and desired end result…add flavors if desired and wamo…math is done.

4 Likes

I’ve used the calculator on the site, and it advises on the juice I was making to add 5ml to a 30ml juice to make it 3mg, but it’s very harsh, it’s a 70vg 30pg mix and the nic is the ssame I use when buying my juice ready made, I spoke to the guy who makes my juice and he sold me some of the nic he uses, btw the guy is a legit manufacturer, company is avb liquids and I know him Personally so he wouldn’t sell me short!

3 Likes

The amount is correct. Did you let it steep or vape it straight away? Steeping your juice is essential in smoothing it out.

3 Likes

It was supposed to be a shake and vape liquid but I can let it steep, it’s just sat in the bottle!

3 Likes

If you buy 3mg commercial, it’s most likely not 3mg. So try 2.5-2.8mg and see if that’s better.
Also nicotine needs to be stored in the freezer or fridge. If you live in warmer areas, the nic will go bad quickly at room temperature, this can cause harshness as well.
Vg nic needs to be shook more then pg based, if you didn’t do that prior of adding it can add harshness.
Some flavors can cause it as well.

4 Likes

Did you shake your VG nicotine vigorously? You could’ve gotten a hotspot, VG is very thick and needs to be properly shaken and @eStorm has just beaten me to it :grin:

4 Likes

I did shake both the nic and the vg/pg when mixing and again when it was made, butbthere wasn’t my h room in the 30ml bottle?? Will keep it for a few days and keep shaking it see how it gets on, thank you all for your advice on this.

2 Likes

There is no such thing. Although some would disagree. :wink:
You are experiencing the issues that a lot of us had just starting out in DIY.
Keep plugging away and soon it will all fall into place. Trial and error is part of the game.

4 Likes

I generally make 28 mls in a 30 ml bottle to leave a little head room for shaking.

5 Likes