Nicotine River - Updates

Glad we’ve exceeded your expectations Shelley! Please let me know if you need anything! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Want you to know I was impressed with the interview on DIY or DIE. I switched to you guys because of it. I don’t mind paying the shipping fee when I get twice as much product for that fee. Keep doing what you are doing. Looking forward to getting my order Friday!

4 Likes

They are a very good company. There customer service is top notch. Any issues with their order let them know and they will help you out.

3 Likes

Does NR have any plans on carrying Hangsen possibly in the future?

Is Hangsen popular? Thank you very much for the kind words :slight_smile:

They are popular for people that like tobacco flavors. They have some of the best on the market.

1 Like

Looking into them now - if people enjoy them… then game on!

5 Likes

I just got my latest Nicotine River order today, in it were 2 250ml beakers made by Karter. I’d never heard about them but they are great. I use a magnetic stirrer to mix and the bottoms of the 2 I got are so flat I can position the stir bar dead center and it doesn’t wobble or move around at all. Every one of my Pyrex beakers must have a slight dimple in the center because they all make the stir bar wobble a bit when I try to center it. An off center stir bar will still mix just fine but these beakers make my OCD quite happy.

8 Likes

yes i have the 50ml and the 500 flask and they are great ill buy the other sizes next order and great price i paid way more for my other flask

2 Likes

I use Karter, and Bomex low-form beakers. [12/case]
I am sure I have every shape stir bar, but my favorite for normal 115ml-200ml batches are the egg shape [olive shape].

1 Like

I started off with a cheap 7 piece stir bar set off amazon but all but the 3 smallest ones spun out as soon as I kicked the rpms up so I went looking for something better and bought one of these.

It works great and even mixed 120ml batch at 75% VG last night at my stirrer’s max rpm.

1 Like

I know I’m a bit late to this question, but in my opinion HS is very good. Their tobaccos & creams are hard to beat and their fruits I’ve tried are top notch as well. Not many ppl carry them either, could definitely be worth checking out

2 Likes

Do you feel a need to run the stirrer at max rpm’s ?

What temps are you running at?

1 Like

hopefully none especially if your working with RFSC flaves , personally id stay away from heat as much as possible but it a personal thing for me like most things diy , if your haveng an issue with the vg being to thick just run the warm tap water and dip your beaker / flask this will thin it so you can stir without having constant heat

1 Like

How can [anything] have no temperature at all? Bwahahahahaha

When I begin at room temp [approx. 74F] I usually stir at about 5/8 to 3/4 of the device’s capacity. The rpm’s vary , depending on what mag mixer I use, and which stir bar. After about two minutes I begin lowering the rpm’s to get a smooth blending action, and do it several times as the liquid heats and thins. In 30-40 minutes the temperature is usually around 104F-107F. I lower the rpm’s again , to avoid heat increase, and let it run about 10 more minutes. The temperature(s) are simply created by friction [and molecular expansion].

2 Likes

i apologize i see , i ass u ME d you were talking about a mag mixer with a heating element but yes your right that is exactly what i do ill shush up

2 Likes

I only run full speed when I’m mixing a large batch (120ml) with my 3/8 X 1/2 stir bar and I never use the heat function on the stirrer. The room I mix in is usually around 60F to 65F and the highest temp I’ve recorded on my infrared thermometer was 102F after 2 hours stirring a 15ml batch in a 30 ml beaker. I try to adjust the speed so that the mix has lots of small bubbles and few to no larger bubbles, usually around half speed and I like to see a bubble vortex but not a physical vortex, if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Thank you for shipping to Hawaii again !!! Been lost without you guys. LOL.

3 Likes

If you do pick Hangsen up… You absolutely have to carry their French Vanilla Ice Cream!! It’s a must have for me, and a MUST TRY for everyone else IMHO! =D

3 Likes

And Hangsen Italian cream…

6 Likes