Nicotine River - Updates

you still use syringes ??? i do only with my bottles that are still glass from tfa or lb

The majority of liquid calculators have a mix by weight option. Not sure if they have the correct gravities listed, but they allow you to input the gravity, which is why I recommended you include a list with them in the kit. The average 1g/ml was also created before all the different formulas when most all flavors were PG based. There are so many variable with the raw and/or VG flavorings now.

However, all I have read is "wow, I wish I had started out mixing by weight, it’s so much easier. So I actually think the benefit would outweigh the original time invested in make a spreadsheet of gravities.

3 Likes

to create this would take no time at all if you are computer savvy

1 Like

The ability to choose the flavors that are in it. As a “freebie” a couple pair of nitrile gloves, a couple assorted sized syringes and a sheet of ideas, recipes, and maybe a link to the great fantastic ELR. The ability to choose premixed base mix of assorted nic levels 3, 6, 9, and 12 mg/ml. I know I know once the flavor is in it will be lower, but give them a chance to have some easy mixes and as they mix and learn they can get into true DIY.

Hey @Nicotine_River I got a question for you. Are you supposed to call each and every person that orders product from you that resides in the state of Ca? To verify their age each and every time they order?

2 Likes

That’s always been my primary concern actually. It only takes one person’s screw up, to potentially ruin thousands of people’s mixes (or worse if Nicotine is concerned). I think having the option, for those who want it, would be awesome though!

Also agree with GPC’s idea of gloves! Great call my friend!

It’s also made me wonder before about the way that ELR obtains their values. Are they an aggregate of everyone’s entered data (like the flavoring data is), or are those only keyed in and handled by @daath and/or @JoJo, and are actually static numbers?

I’ll be curious to learn the answer!

2 Likes

Hmmmm. Only for water. Hmm. Please check out linked thread below. Personally I do the 1gm/ml just because generally when folks post their recipes across the forums they don’t list their specific gravity weights being used. So generally aceppted for flavor weight…not for pg/vg/mix concentrates.

All in all to each their own.

3 Likes

This. If you want most recipes posted here to turn out as the creator intended I think you will find most were posted as 1 gm = 1 ml.

3 Likes

The specific gravity for VG is a good bit higher than PG, that’s where you would need to be careful. I think PG & PG flavors the 1ml/1g is safe enough, but with your NIC (if not 100% pg), flavors, and just plain VG there’s a noticeable specific gravity difference.

2 Likes

The main reason I pointed it out was due to the fact that it plays a larger role when it comes time to mix in larger quantities. Eg: 60ml, 120ml, 240ml, etc. The larger you go, the further off your going to be.

On top of which, as MysticRose kindly pointed out, when you factor in the fact that some flavors are being sold in vg format, and possibly even mixed formats, it becomes even more important to make sure your gravities are accurate.

YMMV though.

2 Likes

Flavor weights are put in by daath according to what is listed on the manufacturer’s websites or obtained by email or what have you. The weight of PG is set at 1.036 and the weight of VG at 1.26, IIRC. Any flavors whose gravities can’t be verified with the source are set to 1 g/ml. Flavors that are based in VG typically use the weight of VG (I believe). Some VG flavors need to be checked and changed manually, as they were put in as PG flavors to begin with so don’t automatically change. @daath can confirm/deny all this, but it’s what I’ve gathered.

Nicotine weight doesn’t take into account the weight of the actual nicotine, it uses the weight of the combination of PG and VG in the nic.

5 Likes

Yeah, VG is roughly 1.267-1.3 grams per ml which is pretty significant.

3 Likes

The majority of people, including myself, us a specific gravity of 1 when it comes to flavors. The difference between the flavor’s SG is so small, that it doesn’t really matter and the window of error is so small. On average a flavor’s SG range from .95-1.05, so it’s way easier to just do 1 across the board. Plus it is near impossible to find SGs on every flavor out there. So yes we do 1g-1ml but when it comes to things like VG, which has a SG of 1.26, we use those SGs (Nic’s, PG’s)
I think out of the 1000+ flavors I have, there is maybe 3 flavors that have a higher SG. Like cap’s yellow peach is a whopping 1.40 or something. Again though, as long as you do the same calculations in replicating a recipe, it doesn’t matter

6 Likes

Maybe we talk Lars into putting a section of beginner mixes that are pretty simple. NR can link to the section, the newb can look at them to help decide what flavors to get. Every kit I looked at had a majority of flavors that I would never use. Most who start DIY are already vaping and have some idea of what their flavor profile is or at least where it might be heading.

2 Likes

For pg/vg/nic I use specific gravitates, for flavors I use 1=1 (g/ml)

2 Likes

I actually wondered that myself when I first began. So I googlfud when I first entered flavors in my flavor stash. I found the sg from the websites, like tpa, and looked to see if it was the same on elr. I only checked the first 20 or so, and they were all correct or within .002. So I just went with it. There were some sites I couldn’t find the sg’s listed, and those were mostly listed as 1g/1ml so I’m assuming whoever input them couldn’t find them either. But it’s something I have wondered as well. There is also a button under setting where you can put a check in the box to either use a default of 1g/ml or use sg for each flavor. One of the things I love about his site, so many customization options :slight_smile:

Agrred. I think you should have a mix by weight kit and a mix by volume kit.

2 Likes

All in all it would great if @Nicotine_River was sanctioned to provide the first ever ‘approved’ branded ELR mix by weight kit. Maybe a tiny portion of profit back to Lars and the site to say thanks for keeping it free. Call it cross promotional opportunity maybe.

A kit shouldn’t be complicated. 6 15ml and 30ml bottles, a scale, a couple syringes for measureing nicotine (since I do recommend measuring weight and volume of mix for safety at the 100mg level), maybe flavors for two approved (6 flavors total?), and ect.

You could be the first DIY shop to offer a scale and be a leader in that realm.

1 Like

so would it be bestbto use syringe on nicotine ?? i always have but every once in a while ill get lazy and weigh it

I weigh. I don’t have time for syringes. It’s close enough. The weight of nicotine is pretty negligible. I don’t remember where I got this from (apologies to the originator if you read this), but here’s what I have for some weights of PG, VG, and Nic combos:

PG 1.036 g/ml
VG 1.26 g/ml
Water 1 g/ml

Weight of 100mg in PG: 1.035 grams per ml
Weight of 60mg in PG: 1.03632 grams per ml
Weight of 50mg in PG: 1.0366 grams per ml
Weight of 48mg in PG: 1.036656 grams per ml
Weight of 36mg in PG: 1.036992 grams per ml
Weight of 24mg in PG: 1.037328 grams per ml
Weight of 100mg in VG: 1.235 grams per ml
Weight of 60mg in VG: 1.245 grams per ml
Weight of 50mg in VG: 1.2475 grams per ml
Weight of 48mg in VG: 1.248 grams per ml
Weight of 36mg in VG: 1.251 grams per ml
Weight of 24mg in VG: 1.254 grams per ml

5 Likes

I do feel strongly about a Users Manual that includes safety info, tips and tricks, a simple guide to mixing, a list of popular Calculators or mixing apps, and a list of helpful website addresses to learn more. Also that people are able to choose their own flavors as I didn’t like the kits because of the flavor choices were ones I wouldn’t use. Also maybe include an inexpensive but decent milk frother for mixing.

2 Likes

Speaking for myself, I would like to see the 2oz bottles go back to the old price. I rarely purchase 1oz bottles and if I need to, I can get that one or two elsewhere. 90% of my flavorings are purchased from NR and now that they have Inawera, I think that will increase to 98%. As a newly made single parent of a non-stop eating machine, I gotta watch every penny.

3 Likes