Nicotine River - Updates

I think the standard is 1gram=1ml for flavoring. Someone will correct me if I am wrong

That only applies to water, to set the “standard” of measure! :wink:

Only if they use ELR in particular, so I personally think it might be a bit of a nightmare, with new or uneducated customers laying blame at your doorstep, unless you go to all the time and trouble of listing the specific gravities for each and every flavor you sell on your website from the MSDS (assuming it’s on every MSDS)
YMMV.

on elr or the msds of each flavor company , however when creating a recipe on elr you type in the flave then the percentage and it will givebyou the ml or grams

1 Like

yes however it would be an upgraded option and i think even if your not a memeber of elr you eventually weigh things

1 Like

Personally, I think the best kit would include a solid base of the most popular flavors, and pg, vg, and Nicotine of course. With the addition being a titration kit to not only show confidence in your product, but also promotes safety aspects as well.
Just my .02!

EDIT: there’s a great list of said flavors in the first post here: Analyzing The 100 Top-Rated Recipes

3 Likes

is that .02 gms jk

1 Like

@Sprkslfly is actually right allowing people to pick they end up with flaves that need other things on top of the most popular flaves include a list of top rated diy recipes that thw flaves couls be used to make , im sure know one on here would mind

1 Like

What can I say… I’m hard-headed about some things. LOL
hugs his syringes (safety caps on of course!)

1 Like

you still use syringes ??? i do only with my bottles that are still glass from tfa or lb

The majority of liquid calculators have a mix by weight option. Not sure if they have the correct gravities listed, but they allow you to input the gravity, which is why I recommended you include a list with them in the kit. The average 1g/ml was also created before all the different formulas when most all flavors were PG based. There are so many variable with the raw and/or VG flavorings now.

However, all I have read is "wow, I wish I had started out mixing by weight, it’s so much easier. So I actually think the benefit would outweigh the original time invested in make a spreadsheet of gravities.

3 Likes

to create this would take no time at all if you are computer savvy

1 Like

The ability to choose the flavors that are in it. As a “freebie” a couple pair of nitrile gloves, a couple assorted sized syringes and a sheet of ideas, recipes, and maybe a link to the great fantastic ELR. The ability to choose premixed base mix of assorted nic levels 3, 6, 9, and 12 mg/ml. I know I know once the flavor is in it will be lower, but give them a chance to have some easy mixes and as they mix and learn they can get into true DIY.

Hey @Nicotine_River I got a question for you. Are you supposed to call each and every person that orders product from you that resides in the state of Ca? To verify their age each and every time they order?

2 Likes

That’s always been my primary concern actually. It only takes one person’s screw up, to potentially ruin thousands of people’s mixes (or worse if Nicotine is concerned). I think having the option, for those who want it, would be awesome though!

Also agree with GPC’s idea of gloves! Great call my friend!

It’s also made me wonder before about the way that ELR obtains their values. Are they an aggregate of everyone’s entered data (like the flavoring data is), or are those only keyed in and handled by @daath and/or @JoJo, and are actually static numbers?

I’ll be curious to learn the answer!

2 Likes

Hmmmm. Only for water. Hmm. Please check out linked thread below. Personally I do the 1gm/ml just because generally when folks post their recipes across the forums they don’t list their specific gravity weights being used. So generally aceppted for flavor weight…not for pg/vg/mix concentrates.

All in all to each their own.

3 Likes

This. If you want most recipes posted here to turn out as the creator intended I think you will find most were posted as 1 gm = 1 ml.

3 Likes

The specific gravity for VG is a good bit higher than PG, that’s where you would need to be careful. I think PG & PG flavors the 1ml/1g is safe enough, but with your NIC (if not 100% pg), flavors, and just plain VG there’s a noticeable specific gravity difference.

2 Likes

The main reason I pointed it out was due to the fact that it plays a larger role when it comes time to mix in larger quantities. Eg: 60ml, 120ml, 240ml, etc. The larger you go, the further off your going to be.

On top of which, as MysticRose kindly pointed out, when you factor in the fact that some flavors are being sold in vg format, and possibly even mixed formats, it becomes even more important to make sure your gravities are accurate.

YMMV though.

2 Likes

Flavor weights are put in by daath according to what is listed on the manufacturer’s websites or obtained by email or what have you. The weight of PG is set at 1.036 and the weight of VG at 1.26, IIRC. Any flavors whose gravities can’t be verified with the source are set to 1 g/ml. Flavors that are based in VG typically use the weight of VG (I believe). Some VG flavors need to be checked and changed manually, as they were put in as PG flavors to begin with so don’t automatically change. @daath can confirm/deny all this, but it’s what I’ve gathered.

Nicotine weight doesn’t take into account the weight of the actual nicotine, it uses the weight of the combination of PG and VG in the nic.

5 Likes

Yeah, VG is roughly 1.267-1.3 grams per ml which is pretty significant.

3 Likes