Nicotine Salts?

CAP chocolate fudge brownie seems like a no-brainer flavor pairing. :grin:
Maybe something herbal or floral would work well.

5 Likes

Agreed on Brownies. No question. Just found out there are many google pages with hemp recipes. Not sure I should vape this stuff in a traffic jam though. It smells like … yeah it does.

Me: "No officer, it’s not what you think it is… "

Cop: “Get out of the car ma’am…”…

4 Likes

OK, so it seems these nic salts are gaining some popularity. I saw another vendor now selling it, maybe nicotine river? Surprised it hasn’t been the rage around here since it sounds like it would almost eliminate the nic throat hit and peppery taste for us low nic mixers. So since it’s not been a big thing around here, well, that gives me pause, maybe this stuff isn’t safe?

Just have a question or two maybe one of you guys/gals can answer, before I test the waters myself. Nude Nicotine does have free nic salt samples now so I might try that first.

Ok, so… currently I use 100mg nicotine and, for example, in a 30ml ejuice mix, I would use about 17 drops for a 1.5mg nic strength juice. Would it be the same for these salts? I previously assumed it was sold as a base, like you would use 30ml of it (minus however much flavoring you add) in a 30ml mix. Like you would not need to add any vg or pg. I didn’t like this because it was much more expensive than if I buy my own vg. I guess what I’m asking is, is this now a concentrate that these salts are in?

1 Like

maybe we should ask nude nicotine? they were the first ones to come out with it last year and the rest followed. it still sounds too bizarre for me plus its too expensive

1 Like

Hello ,I am new to DIY but not to vaping So I was surprised on the first Nicotine I ordered was 100 mg in PG not going to name where as its well known company and I believe its my sensitivity, I only vape 2 mg I have been vaping since 2009 and I could not vape the first nicotine was very harsh I am thinking I am sensitive to it in some way, BUT I just got the free sample of the Nude Nic salts smooth at 72mg in PG and it is heavenly no taste and I am mixing now with great results and just wanted to share that for anyone else that maybe looking for a similar experience that may be sensitive to nicotine taste :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s nice when you hit on the good stuff for you! :grinning:

Jaunt on over and say “hey!”… they won’t bite!

3 Likes

I would like to see if any of you have gave the salts a whirl yet? I have been mixing for roughly a few years and knew that NN came out with the salts, just never got interested, now my interest has gotten the best of me.

I have a 120ML bottle of 100mg nicotine salt on the way (hopefully will arrive Friday or Saturday). I’ll post back on this thread to report my thoughts on it. Hoping it’s all that I have read about it. Haven’t been able to get over that first morning stinky and I’m hoping this nicotine salt might help with that.

5 Likes

Got the nic salt in from LNW and mixed an unflavored batch @ 10mg and another at 20mg. Absolutely no flavor or throat hit from the 10mg test batch and just a little bit of a throat hit and a very slight off chemical taste with the 20mg batch that would not be noticeable with flavoring. I definitely could tell that I was getting more of a nicotine rush with the higher mg batches. Did a 10mg unflavored test batch of regular nicotine that I have from LNW and you can absolutely tell the difference between the nicotine salt ones and the regular nicotine.

Going to order some samples from nude nic and a bottle of nic salt from nic river when I place my next flavoring order to compare some of the other vendors’ offerings. Think I’m sold on these nic salts. They may not be for everyone, but they seem to work well for me and I won’t be purchasing conventional nicotine again. You can order 15ml 70mg or 100mg samples of the nic salts from nude nicotine for $2.75 each here if you want to check the stuff out with out.

https://www.nudenicotine.com/product/nicotine-salt-sample-request/

5 Likes

The last reply to this topic was a long time ago.
I wanted to revive this topic and say (again) I have done some experiments with Nicotine salts which has a different PH than regular nicotine. I found the Salt juices change color little or none after a long steep, and are not quite as flavorful as the same recipe using regular nicotine.
I was told early on it was the nicotine causing the e-liquid to steep, but i’m now thinking it’s more likely PH or Oxygen causing the reaction and curing effect in my liquid.

I am also really curious about the effect of PH on coil longevity, although I don’t have PH test equipment yet, I am pretty sure it would be possible to create neutral PH e-liquid.

3 Likes

Ah ha lol I am interested in your results and some of us agreed PH may be a factor. There were however several well respected mixers on that thread who mixed zero mg and felt their mixes were in fact “steeping” so i politely agreed to disagree :wink:

2 Likes

The Salts do steep, seemingly the same time period as the regular nicotine e-juice, but there is little or no discoloration of the salt e-liquid. And just by taste i found I needed to add about 2% flavor to the salt e-liquid to achieve the same flavor level as the regular nicotine e-liquid. My testing is only at 3.8 month (114 days) steeped salt e-liquid mixed at 16% TF, then boosted to 18% TF both 9mg.

2 Likes

I realize this is an old thread, but nic salts really worked for me (regarding the morning cig I couldn’t seem to skip). It took two days of “grin and bear it” but I never looked back after that.

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure which “Salts” thread to post this to, so here goes. Have a friend who buys juice from me regularly, and only vapes MTL at about 16-18mg. He thinks he might want to up the NIC even further, but my experience is, even with the cleanest / clearest (thanks Nude NIC) NIC, once you start pushing above 18mg, you can get some flavor overrun by the NIC. I briefly tried out a few different samples of some Nude NIC Smooth Salts, and for whatever reason, gave me a tickling cough (don’t know what to call it), and this happened across numerous vendors (types) of Salts, numerous strengths (including my 3mg DTL vape sauce), AND (yes there’s more) including a few testers of store bought salt juice.

It became obvious to me, that for me, Salts were a non-starter. I’m considering seeing if my 18mg freebase, MTL vaping friend over to Salts to see if he likes the faster uptake. Anyone hazzard to guess what mg would be a good starting out point.

If Salts hadn’t worked out so poorly for me, I’d have more time with them, and a better mg to mg comparison. I’m back to only using NN NIC, so probably pick up another bottle of their Smooth Salts.

Any Salt heads out there ??

2 Likes

I would suggest making him 10ml samples with 18mg and 24mg salts both to see how he likes them.

3 Likes

I prefer liquid nicotine wholesalers for nic salt… cheaper and faster, with the same quality.
I have had no issues running the lnw ns from 3mg up to 55mg for my new to vaping friends… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

LNW are my go to for salts as well. Excellent cs and prompt answering questions on site.

3 Likes

I have made a few call ins to them and they are always on the ball!
My reg nicotine usage is down to zero… but for those days the stress just climbs, the ns they have is spot on perfect!

I am starting to see pods offering 6% and 6.5% ns too… not sure if I would take it that high… 5% [53mg, yes, is what that comes to… ] (juul) is more than enough.

3 Likes

I don’t use pods and don’t mix higher than 10mg these days. I only use salts for a smoother th.

4 Likes

I go from pods to sub ohming still… I bounce! haha!! :smiley:

2 Likes