Nicotine storage!

I always order nicotine 100pg
Do you really have to store your nicotine in the freezer?

2 Likes

I cannot say that I am a scientist. I can say lots of folks who recommend it for long term storage.

Personally I order about a 6 month supply, break down to 60 and 30ml bottles and place in the freezer. When it’s time to mix I just pull out one bottle. Allow it to come to room temp (which is about the length of time for my bi weekly mix session)…the I dispense and place in the freezer.

I’ve been mixing for about two years and have had no issues with my methodology.

What I can tell you is that I do it to limit oxidation of the nic. I would not handle it well if my nic was slightly off.

2 Likes

No offense but this question has been done to death. Use the forum search, simply the same title that you gave yours will give u plenty to reading containing thoughts by many over time.

8 Likes

Calm down
Help is always good

1 Like

At 48mg pg based
Will it freeze?

1 Like

at -74.2°F -59°C

3 Likes

Not sure. I’ve only mixed with 100mg. But to my knowledge it doesn’t.

4 Likes

Tons of info on this topic…

http://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?context=topic&context_id=202381&q=Nicotine%20storage&skip_context=true

4 Likes

Well, it’s already in the freezer :joy:
Will check it out tomorrow

3 Likes

@Donz1 Let me put it to you this way, and this is just my opinion. If you PAID for it, store it in the freezer. If you plan on VAPING it, put it in the freezer. Just my .02. You’re in the same boat I am with 100%PG, no issues pulling that right out, shaking it up, and mixing with it right away. It seems a shame to oxidize your NIC early if you don’t have to. I’m sure NIC sitting out, can last for a while, but I never chance it, and when I get down to the bottom of a 500ml or 1000ml bottle (broken down into smaller bottles) I can’t tell the difference in the NIC.

4 Likes

Thanks man

2 Likes

When the TPD hit the UK I stock piled some nic, some has been in the freezer for 2 years now and its still fine, its the best way to store it by far, but get rid of any air that you can :+1:

5 Likes

Thanks mate

2 Likes

@Steampugs For The Win !!!

Heat
Light
Oxygen

3 Likes

@Donz1 I think @Steampugs made a great point, that could have been missed by some. In the US the liquid NIC is still flowing, but who knows, what may happen. I know I personally have been doing QUITE a bit of testing for LTS (Long Term Storage). I don’t really NEED to at this point, but just like Pugs, if something were to come to pass, I will be ALREADY ready. I have tested Nude Nicotine Armor NIC after 2 years in the freezer, and it was really damned close to brand new in color, odor, and taste. Never a bad idea, to PLAN ahead, JUST in case. As is ALWAYS the case, those who PANIC are always the ones, ill-prepared.

4 Likes