No mods on flights Seriously!?

I am flying to NY in June , I just found out that mods are not allowed at all
on Southwest you can’t have it in your pocket you can’t have it in your carry on bag and you can’t have it in your checked in baggage WHAT THE FUCK!!!
what am I supposed to do now I haven’t touched a cigarette in 15 months so I don’t want to buy any this is really bullshit fucking airlines and FAA the only solution is to buy a new mod and atty in NY I am so so pissed of right now!
:rage:

3 Likes

the last i hard of regulations was https://www.faa.gov/about/initiatives/hazmat_safety/more_info/?hazmat=61 if that has changed, id just disassemble and hide in checked baggage

4 Likes

Where are you hearing this? From Southwest directly? If so, you spoke to an uninformed agent, because this is directly from their website:

Electronic Cigarettes (E-Cigs) or Vaporizers

Because these articles are designed to operate by creating heat, they must be transported in one of the following ways:

• The battery can remain installed but must be placed in carryon baggage or carried on your person only. The item cannot be used onboard the aircraft.
  • Spare batteries must be protected from short circuit and carried in carryon baggage or on your person only.
5 Likes

Yes from a SW agent she said and I quote" cuz they can explode"

I read that but just to be sure I then called

1 Like

I am gonna call them again right now

2 Likes

( she didn’t sound very bright)

1 Like

non of them are, most are still ignorant on the subject and dont know how to handle it

1 Like

absolutely they’re idiots

2 Likes

on hold right now calling to see if i get a different agent with the right info

2 Likes

Did you mention to the agent that they state it’s allowed on their own website? Speak to another agent and direct them to their own website. If they insist ask to speak to their manager.

Or just take it with you and print out their own policy and the TSA page just in case (probably a good idea either way).

Or use another airline. I know from experience that Delta and United allow vapes.

Or ship your spare device (if you have one) to your destination a couple of days before you’re expected to arrive.

3 Likes

This is accurate I just talked to another SW agent it is as stated on their web site she must have apologized 20 times

7 Likes

Check TSA guidelines before going on your flight. Here is my response to a thread on /r/electronic_cigarette, but it’s always a good idea to double check the guidelines prior to flying:

I’ve been on about a dozen flights with all of my vape gear and I’ve not once been questioned about any of it. Here is what I do:

MUST go in your carry-on – Mods and batteries (any spare batteries should be in cases, obviously). If you put either of these items in your checked luggage don’t expect to have them when you pick your baggage up from the baggage claim.

MUST go in your checked – If you are a rebuilder, like myself, scissors larger than 4" and wire snippers (alternatively to wire snippers you can use fingernail clippers and carry them on or check them, which is what I do).

Can go into either your carry-on or checked luggage – RDAs, Tanks*, RTAs*, juice**, battery chargers, other building materials (wire, cotton, tweezers, scissors under 4", etc).

* Most people suggest emptying the juice out of tanks/RTAs before you go through the TSA checkpoint. I don’t. I just unscrew the tank/RTA from my mod and put it in the ziplock with all my other liquids.

** If you are putting your juice in your carry-on your juice must be in bottles less than 3.4oz, which is equal to 100ml, and must be in a single quart sized ziplock style bag. Now, I never bring 100ml bottles with me even though they are allowed. I don’t want it to be confused for something larger than it actually is. I only bring 30ml bottles. If all you have is 100ml or 120ml bottles I suggest getting some 30ml or 60ml unicorn bottles and transferring your juice in larger bottles to those.

7 Likes

Thanks great info I do rebuild and plan to just pack my tool kit in check in bag
and I only mix 30 ml bottles

1 Like

@kungfoogorilla Good stuff !!! I have had similar experiences…

3 Likes

good info to know, thks

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for your help on this appreciate it!

3 Likes

Well, when the poop does finally hit the fan with the airlines concerning vape stuff… if you have the time, rail travel is the way to go! :grinning: Just took a 24 hour train ride (one way) to see my Moms… great experience, as always. Ninja vaped the whole way with no problems! :sunglasses:

Suggestion, though… spring $$$ for the business class car ticket; it’s like a morgue on that car… clean and quiet! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I fly all the time on all airlines with multiple mods. Carryon only. My liquid and tanks go in my liquids bag. I generally pull my 2-3 travel mods out of my UD vape bag…when I don’t they usually swab that bag, which is inevitably coated in juice.

When they swab it, the glycerin (or something) always sets off their testers and then you get the mother of all pat-downs…I generally ask them if I’m in the normal range, um, sizewise. It makes them laugh. . .sometimes.

Anyway, I do this internationally and have for…damn 4 years. Pulling your mods out of the bag lessens the probability of getting the pat-down. I’ve got a KTN now, so we will see how it goes in the TSA Pre-check line…

2 Likes

And a lot of the Amtrak employees vape. They don’t stop the long distance trains very often, about every 3-4 hours. My daughter flew with lots of vape gear and a lot of liquid last spring.

3 Likes

Last summer I had to fly on a few flights to go on a Carnival cruise. I was worried about the mod thing to,so I went and bought a padded self addressed envelope had it in my carry on so if they gave me a hard time I could at least mail it back to myself.I had 2 mods with batteries in check on with batteries wrapped separately. I didn’t have any problems. Everyone that vaped on the cruise were bummed they didn’t bring their stuff. So maybe give it a try.

2 Likes