Norseman’s Review on the Aequitas RDA from Hellvape

I received this Aequitas RDA free of charge directly from HealthCabin for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Packaging
This comes in a blue, white and red package with Hellvape’s logo on the front, together with the Aequitas logo and the Ambitionz Vaper logo as well. On the back you find info on the RDA itself, what the box contains and who has designed it. On one of the sides you find links to both Hellvape’s and Ambitionz Vaper’s social media channels.

When you open it up you find the RDA sitting in a cutout on top, and underneath you have the small black box you find in every Hellvape package.

The RDA
It is a 24 mm 3-piece RDA with what I would say is a different kind of side airflow, and it is a collaboration between Hellvape and Ambitionz Vaper, so yet another celebrity device and for sure not the last one. First impression is that it does look good and well made, and as a bonus it is delivered with a 810 resin drip tip.

It got what they describe as a «postless raised deck» which is gold plated. It is real easy to build on and the placement of the coils is also easy enough. The juice well is however really shallow and can basically not hold much liquid at all. In this case they use the barrel as part of the juice well.

The post screws that are in the deck on arrival are slotted screws and the spare ones are hex screws, so for those of you that don’t like slotted ones, you have the possibility to use the hex ones instead. Another good thing is that the post screws come in from behind, meaning they won’t twist the legs on wider coils like 3-core Aliens or similar.

The barrel is made to be able to be flipped to make the airflow going downwards or flipped again going upwards into the RDA. The deck got notches and the barrel got cut outs to hold the barrel in the same place for optimal airflow.

In my mind it would have benefited from having those notches on the top cap instead. That way it would be really easy to alter the airflow by turning the top cap opposed to how it is now, turning the barrel and at the same time tightening the RDA to the mod even more. It might be better on some RDA’s, but the o-rings on the one I have are a bit on the strong side, making it hard to alter the airflow.

Besides that I do find that the airflow is real smooth and it doesn’t whistle while I use it. The O-rings does work well on this one as well, which pleases me a lot since I can’t stand bad O-rings.

So how does it vape you might wonder? Well, it does work as intended and the top cap is domed real good to help with the flavor. It does deliver on flavor, but it could be even better, I think. It doesn’t perform as good as the Bonza and the Goon, just to mention a couple of the different RDA’s we have on the market.

Assessment
All in all a pleasant device that I have enjoyed using. It might not be one I will use every day now when the review is done, but something I will take out once in a while.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you like the idea with a flippable airflow to easy change how the RDA and the airflow are acting, I sure can. It’s not a bad RDA in any way and it is totally priced fair.

Pros
Machining
Squonk ready
Hybrid safe
O-rings
Fairly easy to build
Gold plated deck
Looks good

Cons
Hard to change the airflow due to it having notches on the deck instead of on the top cap
Lacking flavor somewhat
Shallow juice well

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 25.5 mm without the drip tip
SS, Black, Gold, Matte Silver, Black with White logo and Rainbow

Package includes
1 x Aequitas RDA
1 x Resin 810 drip tip
1 x Delrin 810 drip tip
1 x SS 510 adapter
4 x Hex spare screws
2 x Hex keys
1 x Slotted screwdriver
Spare O-rings

You will find it here
Aequitas RDA for $37 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman
My Instagram

12 Likes

pretty good one but a few too many cons for my taste.
thanks for another well written review :facepunch:t2::dash:

3 Likes

Another winning review @Norseman.

3 Likes

@UW1 Thanks bro. Yeah it didn’t become a new favorite for me.

@SessionDrummer Thanks man.

2 Likes

Great review as always! So many great atties! Too many already! Decisions, decisions!

4 Likes

Thanks man. Lots of great attys out there for sure.

3 Likes

Great read!! Thanks again for well done review!!

2 Likes

Thanks man :+1:

2 Likes

I just wanted to share this info with you guys.

HealthCabin Summer Sale, $40 OFF for Orders Over $99!
Coupon Code: SALE40
Date: 26th Jul - 31st Aug
Selected Items
Retail Only
healthcabin.net
HealthCabin Grand Summer Sale
Enjoy $40 OFF for your $99 orders during HealthCabin Grand Summer Sale.

2 Likes

Great review, but i’ll have to pass on this one, I’m still shopping though so thanks for your reviews. Also not a great sale either, some sales are just geared at getting the rich to spend more, they need a sale for us po peeps :slight_smile:
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

I did take a peek and they added a nice option to that sale

and Aequitas is among the items $21 so w/ 30% off it would be what…$15

4 Likes

That is a great deal, almost made me want to impulse buy it. I think I’ll have to wait till I see a great single coil RDA come on sale. I think I would have better luck with that. My current finances don’t allow any purchase for a couple more months. But thanks for pointing it out, and thanks to @HealthCabin for being one of our ELR approved vendors.

3 Likes

Thanks man and good luck to find that special RDA for you.

1 Like

Thanks for this honest one, bro :+1::sunglasses::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Thanks bro. Honest is the only way :+1:

1 Like