Norseman’s Review on the Baron RDA from Geek Vape

I received this Baron RDA free of charge directly from 3avape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Packaging
This came in a sample box that had a sticker on it that says «special for trial-production» and it does also say «sample» several places on it. So the retail package is going to be something we have seen from Geek Vape before. I will despite that show the box it came in.

The RDA
It is a 24 mm dual coil, 3-piece RDA from Geek Vape and the innovation with this one is the detachable airflow ring that sits inside the deck and barrel.

Just looking at it I must say that it is a nice looking RDA that is well machined and well built. I haven’t seen any obvious flaws on it.

It got 2 posts with just one hole per post, and what that means is that you need to pre-cut the legs on your coils since it will be a hassle to cut them after you put them in. If you ever bought a Vandy Vape RDA you might already have a coil leg cutting tool you can use.

Despite the fact that you need to pre-cut the legs, I think it is real easy to build on and wicking it is as easy as pie, and you do have, if not a lot of room for cotton, at least a decent amount of space. The mid section of the posts is slanted to both sides to help disperse the liquid to both sides of the 6 mm deep juice well.

One thing I do have an issue with is the airflow ring that has to be mounted before the barrel. And since that airflow ring does have a lip on it at the bottom, it kinda gets stuck in the cotton and needs to be gently pushed down to its proper place. Without that lip at the bottom it wouldn’t have been any issues.

The airflow ring does have notches that correlate with cutouts on the deck and that makes the airflow ring sit in a fixed position at all times. Another thing is that it has two different kinds of air holes. On two sides there is 5x3 small holes and on the other two sides there is 4 standing cyclops holes.

The airflow itself is smooth and it is easy to adjust and I haven’t managed to get any whistling out of it, so it is quiet as well. It does have a stop fully open and another stop when closed. At almost fully closed you do get a kind of restricted airflow that I still would call DL rather than MTL.

It uses 810 drip tips and it comes with one made out of resin and the other one is a yellow Ultem. In the package you will also find a 510 drip tip adaptor for those of you that prefer 510 drip tips. I have tried a few of the 810 drip tips I have and they all sit nice and snug.

This RDA does also come with a set of coils and I got no idea what kind of coils and what material used since I can’t find any info on them at all. As nice as it is to get coils with the RDA, I must issue some caution here. When I checked the resistance with these coils built in it ended up at 0.09Ω, which I must say is way way too low for a lot of people that will buy this RDA.

If the coils in the retail packages Ω out as low as the ones I got, Geek Vape might find themselves in a bind, since I think lots of people aren’t ready to vape on such low builds and could get into trouble because of it.

I just hope no one injure themselves by using these coils in this RDA. One thing to do could be to add another wrap to the coils if the length of the legs allow it. And if you feel uncomfortable about the low Ω, I suggest you don’t use these coils at all, at least not until you feel that you are comfortable enough.

Assessment
It is a nice RDA that is well machined and well built. The airflow ring gives you two options on the airflow. I have had an overall nice experience with it and it isn’t a bad vape at all. I do get good flavor out of it, it isn’t amazing, but good, and good isn’t bad either.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are in the market for a new dual coil RDA I don’t see why not. The RDA isn’t something truly innovative and therefore a must have, but could still be worth a buy.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Squonk ready
O-rings
Easy to build and wick
Hybrid safe
510 drip tip adapter
Included set of coils

Cons
The lip on the airflow ring get caught up in the cotton
The included coils should have a higher resistance to avoid any accidents

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 32 mm with the drip tip
Gun Metal, Black, SS, Rainbow, Blue, Gold, Purple

Package includes
1 x Baron RDA
1 x Extra Ultem 810 drip tip
1 x Squonk pin
1 x 510 drip tip adapter
4 x Spare post screws
2 x Screwdrivers, 1 flathead and 1 Phillips
1 x Allen key
Spare O-rings
Manual

You will find it here
Baron RDA for $27.90 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!

Norseman

My Instagram

10 Likes

Nice. Hopefully they realize beyond the safety of those coils is that most reg. mods wont fire them. Thks again.

4 Likes

Thanks man :+1: It can be an issue for sure with some mods but more so with certain people that isn’t ready to use such low builds.

4 Likes

agree on the low resistance on the coils, 1.2-1.5 should have been a better choice to fit more people.
those of us that likes the lower ohm coils already got them and don’t see the purpose of having them in the package.

well written and awesome pics once again, thanks bro :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks bro :+1: I just hope that people don’t blow their faces off.

3 Likes

Very nice looking RDA, and a great review of it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the review bro!

3 Likes

Thanks for the review!:+1:t4:

2 Likes

Thanks man. It is a nice looking RDA for sure.

2 Likes

@adary and @Stankhammer Thanks for commenting guys

2 Likes