Norseman’s Review on the Mesh RDA from Vandy Vape

I received this RDA free of charge from urvapin.com for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Packaging
As with other products from Vandy Vape it comes in the typical box containing the RDA on top, together with an extra drip tip. Underneath you will find the goodie bag with extra screws for the clamps that hold the mesh, a 510 adapter, allen key, blue screwdriver and mesh in kanthal, NI80 and SS. It also comes with an extra 510 squonk pin that makes it possible to use the RDA on a squonker.

The RDA
The Mesh is a 3-piece RDA with side airflow that can supposedly be used for single coil and double coil setups. It comes in 5 different colors, SS which I received, black, gold, rainbow and blue. I can’t speak for the other colors but the SS does look really nice.

As with other Vandy Vape products this RDA says good quality and the machining is good. When it arrived though, it wasn’t very clean and it had small metal parts still in it from the machining - so I’m guessing it wasn’t cleaned at all before it went into the packaging.

After a thorough cleaning it was time to build it with the following mesh and after hearing things from others and seeing people vaping hot lava flows in this RDA, I thought I would cut the mesh short, not allowing it to get too high up in the RDA.

I think that cutting the mesh short and keeping it lower made the difference for me, since to my surprise I never vaped any hot lava flows at all with the mesh build. I had no spitting either, which also kinda surprised as I was expecting that at least.

Wicking this one was basically fairly easy in my opinion. I just measured out the length of the cotton needed, put it inside the mesh, pushed the end of the mesh down the clamp and tightened it well - and that was it.
The attached Ultem drip tip and the Doc tip are both 810 size, which means you can use any of your Goon sized drip tips on this RDA. To me, this is a big bonus - and it also tells me that the 810 size is starting to become industry standard now, since more and more manufacturers are using it.

The deck itself has a hidden clamp system that does work very well, and it really holds both the mesh and coils in place without any issues. One thing I have a little issue with is that the deck doesn’t have any juice well. If you drip and saturate the cotton and take off the top cap, it will leak on you because the deck is so shallow. On the other hand the o-rings work really well and don’t allow it to leak while the top cap is in place - which to me can only be a good thing.

The flavor from this RDA is fairly good. Not the best flavor RDA out there, but it can hold its own and the juice I used (my own creation which I know better than anything) does taste good…just maybe not as good as it would taste in a Goon.

People that have been following my reviews know by now that one of my pet peeves is dodgy o-rings and this RDA doesn’t suffer from that at all. Everything sits snugly and you need a little effort to adjust the airflow - another bonus in my book. I wish every manufacturer would make the effort to use decent o-rings on their RDA’s, RTA’s and RDTA’s, especially as it apparently isn’t that hard to make it happen.

Assessment
All in all this is a good RDA that performs as it should, and the flavor from it is more than okay. It is well built and holds a high quality - as with other things I have witnessed from Vandy Vape.

Can I recommend it to others?
Yes - as long as the buyer manages to build it correctly with the mesh to avoid the hot lava flow that can occur or he/she just uses regular coils in it. It’s a well made RDA with good flavor - and with a pricing currently under $27 at urvapin.com, it is fairly priced as well.

Pros
Machining
Quality O-rings (snug fit)
Price
Squonk ready
Flavor
Protruding 510 pin (hybrid safe)

Cons
Shallow deck

Parameters:
Diameter: 24mm
Height: 25mm without drip tip

Package Includes:
1x Mesh RDA
BF and non BF 510 pin
Extra clamp screws
1 allen key for the BF 510 pin
A blue screwdriver
Extra o-rings
3x Kanthal Mesh
3x Ni80 Mesh
3x SS316 Mesh

You can get your hands on it here:
At urvapin.com for $26.59 at the time i wrote the review.

As always if you would like to see how the Mesh RDA scored against other pieces of awesome vapeology then feel free to hop on over to Steampugs, and while you are there come and meet the new, ever-growing Steam Team!

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

19 Likes

Cheers mate thanks for the info - not sure it is my kinda thing but it does look nice.

3 Likes

Thanks mate. Not sure it is for everyone to be honest.

3 Likes

@Norseman Very nice review, explanation, and pictures. I (like some others) have had NOT so great results in the past trying mesh (I sure miss my Provari though), but now you’ve given me pause…

1 Like

Thanks bro. I’m sure mesh can be a total bitch to use.

1 Like

Nice review man, very straight and to the point, excellent pics too :ok_hand:
I’m still intrigued by these and I have a bunch of mesh I’ve never used but something is still holding me back.

2 Likes

The whole shot in the mouth bit?

4 Likes

Thanks bro, i appreciate the comment. I have tried the mesh now and i’m not sure i’ll use it with mesh again. I prefer it with regular coils.
The hot lava flow vaping is something i don’t need to do :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah possibly lmao

4 Likes

I bought this to squonk with. Have been using it a week. The shallow deck has no effect on the way I am using it. I have yet to have to change the wick out. I use a battery and a half in this each day. So its getting heavy use. The mesh was cut down about 5 mm from the factory length. I started with the Kanthal and will try the others for flavor comparison. It can only get better.
If i broke or lost it, yes I would get another.

2 Likes

Great job petal :+1:

4 Likes

Great review @Norseman

Gave me a real idea on what to expect, that is what a great review does. Thanks for the insight and thoughts, much appreciated.

5 Likes

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated :+1:

2 Likes

Nicely done! I’ve been eying some of these mesh rdas, this one looks pretty good! How’s the airflow on it?

2 Likes

Like a tornado that toted Toto to Toronto. Because theres no lip on the deck.

2 Likes

So nice and airy if it’s wide open?

1 Like

Yeppers. I keep mine turned to about 75% and its all i need.

2 Likes

Sweet! :+1:

1 Like

Chuckin on it as we speak

2 Likes

Thanks for the great review. My only suggestions for anyone buying one are to make sure your cotton has full contact with the entire mesh. If you have empty air spaces, the mesh will get too hot. I am normally a Kanthal and wattage kind of guy, but a friend let me try his using the stainless mesh and temp control and it makes all the difference.

2 Likes