Norseman’s Review on the Paradox RDA from Vandy Vape

I received this Paradox RDA free of charge directly from Vandy Vape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Packaging
This came in a sample box that had a sticker on it that says «solely for trial-production» and it does also say «sample» several places on it. So the retail package is going to be something we have seen from Vandy Vape before. I will despite that show the box it came in.

The RDA
It is a 24 mm, 2-piece single coil RDA designed in cooperation between Fix RB and Vandy Vape. My first impression when I open the box is that it is a good looking RDA in flat black, as I got.

As usual with products from Vandy Vape this one as well is nicely machined and well built and I can’t find any tool marks or other flaws on it.

One thing that peaks my interest, is the deck or rather the posts themselves. The posts got kind of a clamp system going, but in this case the airflow is going between the clamp and the post itself. I must say that it is innovative and it gives you a somewhat restricted DL draw wide open.

While talking about the airflow I must say that it is nice and quiet. I haven’t had it whistle on me once in the time I have been using it. As I stated above it is somewhat restricted wide open and it basically just got two settings, since it only has two airflow holes on each side, and that is fully open or one hole closed off, and that’s about it really.

The deck is real easy to build on and since the outer rim of the deck has two cut outs for a coil rod it is real easy to position the coil as well, in order to get the most out of it. The juice well however is really cramped, much thanks to the big posts taking up a lot of room on this deck, so it is good that they made it 12 mm deep.

The cramped juice well is something that effects the functionality of this RDA, both in squonk and drip mode. If you choose to squonk with it, it is super easy to over squonk just by pressing the bottle ever so slightly, and the juice comes running out the airflow holes. Had the airflow been slanted somewhat the issues it has now wouldn’t have been so obvious as it is right now.

If you drip you will learn how many drops you can put into it before it starts leaking and that makes it somewhat better as a dripper compared to a squonk atty.

It does come with an Ultem 810 drip tip attached and it also have another black delrin 810 drip tip and a black 510 drip tip in the package. To be able to use the 510 drip tip, you just put the 510 drip tip adapter on it and voila, bob is your uncle…

How is it to vape on you might wonder… Well it is nice enough but I have a problem getting along with this RDA, to be honest. It does provide you with decent flavor, the airflow is silent and doesn’t make any noises and yet there is something…

Assessment
If I see past the obvious con that it is super easy to over squonk on it, I must say it is a nice looking RDA. It is well machined with no visible tool marks and it is easy to build and wick. The flavor is decent even though it has got a stretch to go in order to match up with good flavor attys like the Goon or the Phobia V2 from Vandy.

Can I recommend it to others?
This time around I got a hard time saying that I recommend it. Honestly I don’t get along with this one for some reason, even though it is well built, looks good and got decent flavor. Not sure what it is, but it doesn’t fit my vaping style as it is right now. I leave the decision up to you to make on your own after reading this and other reviews.

Pros
Machining
Decent flavor
Hybrid safe
Squonk ready
Big ass post screws
O-rings
Easy to build
Looks
Innovative airflow/post

Cons
Real easy to over squonk and drip
A bit cramped juice well

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 31 mm with the drip tip
Matte Black, SS

Package includes
1 x Paradox RDA
1 x Ultem 810 drip tip
1 x Black 810 drip tip
1 x 510 drip tip
1 x 510 drip tip adapter
2 x Spare post screws
1 x Squonk pin
1 x Set of Ni80 Triple Fused Claptons
1 x Flathead screwdriver
1 x Allen key
Spare O-rings

You will find it here
Paradox RDA

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

11 Likes

Great review on a nice looking RDA mate. The clamps do look interesting. Thanks for posting it.

5 Likes

Thanks for the comment man.

3 Likes

this might be one I need to consider :slight_smile:
Thanks for the fine review
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for the review @Norseman

Definitely getting on my ‘to buy’ list. I absolutely love this style of deck.

4 Likes

Most welcome man

4 Likes

Thanks for the comment.
Let me know how you like it if you get one.

3 Likes

dear Santa…
thanks for a great review man

4 Likes

Most welcome bro and thanks for the comment :+1:

3 Likes

Review much appreciated!

4 Likes

Most welcome and thanks for commenting.

3 Likes

Thanks for the great review, bro; this one’s not for me … :+1::sun_with_face:

3 Likes