OBS Draco Kit Review

Hi guys, I’m going to post about the OBS Draco kit by OBS. It’s a powerful, stylish, and pocket freindly setup. It has a built-in 3000mAh battery that lasts quite a while. @Heaven Gifts was kind enough to send this to me for review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-Draco-Kit.html

In the box-

Standard Edition

• 1x OBS Draco MOD(with built-in battery)
  • 1x OBS Draco Tank (2ml)
  • 1x M1 Mesh Coil(pre-installed)
  • 1x Draco Coil
  • 1x Extra glass tube(3.5ml)
  • 1x USB Cable
  • 1x Manual

TPD Edition

• 1x OBS Draco MOD(with built-in battery)
  • 1x OBS Draco Tank (2ml)
  • 1x M1 Mesh Coil(pre-installed)
  • 1x Draco Coil
  • 1x Extra glass tube(3.5ml)
  • 1x USB Cable
  • 1x Manual

I’m going to go over most of the specifics seperately.

Setting up this kit-

The kit is pretty simple to set up. All you have to do is, charge the mod, screw the tank on, and fill it up with e liquid. The mod has a micro USB port for charging it.

Mod-

The tube styled mod that comes with this kit has an internal 3000 mAh battery and is capable of 80W. It hits hard, and lasts quite a while with the included coils. It’s very simple to use. There are no up/down buttons or settings to adjust. There’s just one button to press, the fire button. It works for activating the device as well as using it. It’s five clicks to turn it on of off.

There is a light indicator on it to let know your battery level. Green= good battery level (Above 50%). Blue= your battery has surpassed the 50% mark and it’s at less than half of its full charge. Red= Low level, better plug it in.

I’m not sure of terminology for these types of devices. Some call them pens, tubes, or whatever else. They’ve been around for a while like the Eleaf Ijust series, or Smok Sticks. They are direct output devices with built-in protections. This one has-

• Overcharge protection
  • Low voltage protection
  • Short circuit protection
  • Over vape protection
  • Over temperature protection
  • Stable voltage protection

Tank-

The tank that comes with this kit is pretty nice looking IMO. I got the black one with turquoise orings. There are engraved designs on it that not only look nice but help provide a good grip. This helps when taking it apart. It has dual airlow slots. The ring to ajust the airflow isn’t free spinning. It turns nicely until either wide open or closed. There’s no visible stopper but it stops.

It’s pretty short in stature. There’s barely a chimney and the 810 driptip is stubby.

It’s a good and a bad thing IMO. Good that the vapor doesn’t have to travel far to my mouth. The flavor is superb with this tank. It’s bad because being so short, that it doesn’t hold a lot of liquid. If you don’t keep an eye on it, you might burn the cotton with a dry hit. Refills are required more often with this compared to say, a Big Baby Beast.

It comes preinstalled with a standard glass that allows it to hold 2ML. It also comes with an extra 3.5ML bubble glass. I put that on right away.

The Draco is a top-fill tank. The cap comes off with about a quarter turn. Under the cap there are two narrow but long fill ports for your eliquid refills. When you put the cap back on, it stays securely. I think it’s a nice design.

Coils-

The coils this tank uses are Baby Beast compatible. So whenever you need to get more, there are many brands that make suitable substitutes for this device. The two that come with this kit are pretty different. There’s the M1 Mesh coil, and another that is .3Ω. The other one has two cylinders and has quadruple coils.

M1 Mesh -

They include one M1 Mesh coil and it’s awesome. It hits hard, lasts a very long time, and the flavor is great. I prefered this one compared to the other one. I had to change this one out before it’s time to try the other coil.

Mesh coils with this type of device is pretty standard these days. They work really well on them. I was doing it all Spring/Summer with a Fireluke Mesh tank on a Smok V8 Stick. This kit performs just as well with the mesh coil.

.3 coil-

The second coil is a .3 ohm quadruple coil. It has two small cylinders in the center as you can see above. Each hole has dual coils in them. This one gives a more restricted hit. Even with the airflow wide open, it’s a medium to tight draw. It doesn’t hit as hard it seems. There’s less vapor cloud but it still has nice flavor. I can take longer draws using it without worry.

Specs-

OBS Draco MOD

• Size: 24 x 87mm
  • Max wattage: 80W
  • Battery: built-in 3000mAh
  • Material: 304 stainless steel
  • Thread: 510

OBS Draco Tank

• Size: 24 x 43.2mm
  • Capacity: 2ml/3.5ml
  • Coil: M1 0.2ohm mesh coil (30-80W, best at 35-70W)
  • Draco 0.3ohm quadruple coil(30-80W, best at 35-70W)
  • Thread: 510

Here’s a pic next to a Smok V8 Stick for scale-
0921181118a-1.jpg

Conclusion-

I really like the way this kit performs with the M1 coil. It would be nice to get two of them with it. After using the M1, the .3 quad coil was a bit of a letdown for me.

The color coded power button is a nice touch. With my other mods like this, battery life is a guessing game.

I think it was a good idea to use Baby styled coils. Like I said before, suitable coils won’t be hard to find for this.

Overall the hardware in this kit is top notch.

I’m glad I got a chance to review this. The Draco kit really is a pleasure to use. I got a really nice consistent vape for a very long time using it. I notice little if any drop off in battery power using it all day. It just works.

Thanks for reading everyone. Sorry if I missed any detail you’re interested in. You can ask me anything you’d like about this.

9 Likes

Nicely reviwed @INOIROC

3 Likes

Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

Good one but there’s something wrong with your last picture, at my end at least, it is blank.

3 Likes

Definitely something wrong with that photo.

Great review otherwise :+1:

4 Likes

This might be a viable alternative to my dying Smok Stick V8.
Thanx for the review!

Edit: Did a quick Google search. Don’t see it with any of the major US vendors. Is this a pre-order?

2 Likes

Great review, neatly done too! :ok_hand: Thanks for the good read…

3 Likes

You’re right, I only see this kit on Chinese sites. I’m not sure when these will hit the states. I will ask my contact tonight.

2 Likes

Sorry guys about that last photo. It shows up here but I still tried to edit it. I’m not sure what kind of code I was looking at tho lol.

2 Likes

A fine review, thank you much!
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Edit: I see that last photo too :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thanks for the review!!:no_smoking:

2 Likes

Good review! Nice to read. Thank you.

2 Likes

Great morning read. Appreciate you doing this! I’m glad to see OBS producing mods. Good company IMHO. While I’m sure some would be put off by the absence of a battery indicator, I have never had much luck with led indicators. Always end up with the things just dying out and I recharge, lol, so I would be fine with this.

2 Likes