Ohmega Alpha BFT?

I was in a hurry and prepped the claptons it came with@.350 ohms.
About half a tank in at work and enjoying it so far.

1 Like

Damn that looks like one of those water cooler bottles! That thing is huge.

2 Likes

4mm coilsā€¦I never did get a listingā€¦what are those coils made of? Kanthal? Nichrome?
I put some 3,5mm coils in mine. Nichrome 0.3 ohms

1 Like

Also ordered the 22mm version. It came with the same coils, which Iā€™m pretty sure wont fit, lol

1 Like

I am thinking the claptons are kanthal but I am not sure to be honest.I am getting .320-.350 ohms and judging by the ramp time that seems to be in the kanthal range.I am running between 60-85 watts and can go through a set of LGHG2 on the Reuleaux in 10 hours.I am thinking this tank would be great with some SS claptons.Huge surface area with a much faster ramp up time.
I must add that I havenā€™t begun to play with the one second boost of the Dna 200ā€™s on this tank and that should help tremendously.
It is a Big Fā€™ing Tank for sure and it goes through juice like juice through a goose!:hatched_chick:

Damn it I want one! Iā€™m going to search hi and low for one thatā€™s in Stock and get it ordered today!

Wow, that thing is a beast. On the want list it goes!

1 Like

yeah, and we only paid $40! (i paid $5 shipping also)
considerably cheaper than the VCMT!

funny you should say! i thought the same thing! i even charged my cordless drill a coupla days ago to make sure i had both corded and cordless drills to choose from.<~~the reason, is because my 32g 316l is on a small spool and iā€™m not sure if i can wrap at 4500RPMs with a small spool.
i totally thought the same thing, thoughā€¦for wrapping, iā€™ll use the 32g 316l and for the core, i have these to choose from in 22g: 304, 316, 316l, 430. the 304 and 316l are pretty malleable, like 1/4 hard, i thinkā€¦the 316 and 430 not so much. they are pretty stiff. so iā€™ll use those factors when i make my decision. probably make the wire this weekend and tear into the BFT on Sundayā€¦pretty excited.
when i threw the build on my BFT, i used some premade clapton wire. i used a 3.5mm jig for the coils and then pulled them just slightly apart. did you put yours in as is? or did you space yours a bit as well? what did you use for wick? i used cotton bacon v2, but i may use Kendo gold next time. eventually iā€™ll gather the balls to use cellulose or rayon.
and i have mine on the roo-loo as wellā€¦0.3 ohms and 93wā€¦still gotta warm that thing up, though, before it hits right.
hey, about your comment on the DNA200 and the 1 second preheatā€¦have you tried turning preheat off and just turning your watts to max(200) and then letting TC smooth out your ramping?

1 Like

@Caddy @LordVapor the place i bought mine, Vapethisecigs.com, have 2 more BFTs in stock, just not on their websiteā€¦

you can call their store and orderā€¦$40 plus shipping
http://www.vapethisecigs.com/contact-us

just tryna help, guys!

1 Like

I loaded the files on all my Dnaā€™s except for the mini Efusion.I am running them @200 watts using the T/C to control the vape.I do think it is much smoother than doing it the old way.
I have got a factory roll of SS fused claptons that I am going to try next on the BFT.I will include a picture of it.I picked it up on eBay a few months ago but have only made a few coils with it.I will post how it preforms this weekend if I am able.

1 Like

@Whiterose0818 thanks for looking out! I called them and they were all outā€¦ I asked about the two you mentioned and they said that they were the ss ones but had been soldā€¦ :ā€™( Iā€™m going to keep looking but they did say that they should have them back in Stock around Tuesdayā€¦

1 Like

@BoyHowdy probably snatched them up, lolā€¦or @LordVapor ā€¦lol

1 Like

ROFLā€¦I just fixed your tag, I swear!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I know, sweetie, and I truly appreciate itā€¦but it was SO fastā€¦lol
We love you, JoJoā€¦all in jest, lol

1 Like

Yeah, I could make some SS Clapton wire this weekend, OR I COULD JUST ORDER SOME FROM THIS FABULOUS LINK THAT @BOYHOWDY HAS PROVIDED!!! easy way spotted and executed. ā€¦fused and regular SS Clapton wire purchasedā€¦ (wipes tons of imaginary sweat from prominent brow)(<~~~cro-magnon insinuation)

1 Like

Iā€™d like some opinions on using 20g 316l SS on this tankā€¦I opened steam engine and figured duals, 8 wraps on 3.5mm ID would be 0.1 ohmsā€¦any thoughts?

Did you ever try that setup @Whiterose0818? I was able to use the SS fused clapton that I provided the link for just now.

I must admit it took two builds getting the coil to fit using the Coil Master jig with the 4.0 mandrel.I used a 5.5 wrap and it came out to .160 ohms.I am using it on T/C for the moment at 450F. The ramp up as we expected has been cut in half using 80watts.I should also note that I am using the cellucotton rayon for wicking.

I havenā€™t hit any T/C limit even taking a couple of back to back pulls but it is a tad warm for me.I may get up the courage to try setting it on 200 watts and letting the temp control it but the only time I have got the dry dragon hit has been with SS.I am going to run it like this for at least the next couple of days before I trust the T/C on SS.

I did get a couple of drops leaking at first but after the two long deep pulls not a drop , so thatā€™s all good.I did saturate the wick completely and filled to about 90% capacity.I threaded the top on two turns before turning the tank upside down before screwing it the rest of the way down.I am sure the majority of the two drops came from the wick being saturated.

As far as flavor ,I am happy but I am still using it with my peanut butter custard and so it is harder to tell than say if I was vaping more of a delicate floral. So far I am very happy with the performance and it works well for my over an hour long commute each way and when relaxing at the house.Thank you @Caddy for posting this topic , I am going to look for itā€™s little 22mm brother now.

1 Like

Havenā€™t tried it yet, but I did make the coils alreadyā€¦here is one sitting on my vaporshark in front of a Griffin tank:

Might slap them bad boys in there tomorrow. ā€¦Iā€™m glad to hear that rayon works! I was worried it would leakā€¦itā€™s kinda ā€œlooseā€ compared to cottonā€¦I just might give it a whirl! If not, Iā€™ll try the kendo gold. Iā€™ll definitely let you know.
I bought a 22mm myself, but it had a slight problem, so I sent it back and am waiting on a replacement. ā€¦ordered a second 30 and a second 22 as Iā€™m pleased with the craftsmanship of these tanks. Can never have enough!!! Iā€™m glad I have someone to share this with and swap experience and stories with! Keep it vaping, BoyHowdy! And keep sharing!

2 Likes