Ohmega Alpha BFT?

The .500 and the 1.20 is the Ohms.As far as gauge on the BFT ,I now am using a 26X2 with a 32 wrap 316 SS fused clapton , the wire shown in the eBay link.The ohms will be too low in the .250 range, that would be way too hot for the N.C. both in vape and in watts.
The only wire I have suitable is Kanthal or NiChrome 80 on the N.C. In theory any build you like on your RDA that you are currently using on the Noisy Cricket is what you should shoot for in the BFT.I mostly use a kanthal clapton of varying gauges or use the NiChrome 80 from Lightning Vapes in 28 ga.
This is biggest reason for the question seen many times ā€œwhy should anyone want to put a tank on a N.Cā€. The vape is going to be determined by your build and your batteries.With no way to adjust the power output, our vape is what it is and it is going to change for every vape thereafter as your voltage in your batteries drop.
I do get it that the taboo aspect of putting a tank on a N.C. has a street cred kind of cool factor but IMO that is all it has to offer.Our Dna200ā€™s , PWMā€™s ,and other mods will not only produce the same power as the N.C.but it will adjust to make it a much better vape, of course as always IMO.:wink:

1 Like

Update! Vapor World now has them back in Stock, both ss and the black/gray versions! I ordered two in black last night and now the waiting game beginsā€¦ Btw as of last night they have a little over a thousand in stockā€¦
https://www.vaporworld.biz/mods/ohmega-alpha-30mm-bft-tank/

2 Likes

3fvape has the VCMT 30mm and the 25mm in clones on their websiteā€¦for $24 and $19 respectivelyā€¦how cool is that??
if anybody orders, lemme knnow how the quality is

2 Likes

I am posting a pic on vape mail for the VCMT 25 clone I received from 3fvapeā€¦itā€™s a looker!!

1 Like

I revisited my Alpha BFT after a few weeks. I forgot why it wasnā€™t getting much use until I filled it and took a toke. Then it came back to me real fastā€¦ too much airflow. I started brainstorming and the Aromamizer came to mind. Now I can modify the airflow and itā€™s giving me some great flavor.

2 Likes

Many thanks @Pro_Vapes! That also beats the thumb and forefinger method of closing the airflow while filling!
Why didnā€™t I think of that!

1 Like

Itā€™s really weird that they would build a tank this good with no AFC.

1 Like

I agree , it really is a nice tank and a better tank as far as flavor than the VCMT 30MM IMO.I can only hope in the version 2,3, and sometimes 4 world we live in they will correct it.
Got some bands ordered. Thanks again for the tip!

2 Likes

brilliant! thanks for the brains!

2 Likes

I got my vape bands in and it worked great for adjusting the airflow.
My bands were too tight to spin though when filling.I then tried the spare Aromamizer bands with the two holes and it works perfectly for me on airflow.It restricts it perfectly for my style and the ridges make it easy to not only adjust but also to close the air off completely when I fill the tank.
Great tip @Pro_Vapes !

2 Likes

I love this tankā€¦I got the 30mm, but donā€™t care for the phillips grub screws. Does anyone know the size and thread count, so I can look for allen screws? Thx

I ordered mine from graingerā€¦

Hex socket cup point (NO. 4-48X1/8) Iā€™d look for 3/16 if I had to do it again to make them just a little bit longerā€¦

I canā€™t remember but you have to order 50 or 100 of them to a packageā€¦ Well worth it though! Think it cost me $10 or 15ā€¦hope this helps!

1 Like

Just now seeing this thread, but I must say; I cannot bring myself to purchase any other rebuildable tank as this one is just too perfect. Have had the VCMT as well and it was just horrible. This thing is solid AF.

I feel the same way! Unfortunately, I canā€™t hardly find anything for them anymore (new tanks, glass, etc.)ā€¦ Iā€™ve actually got two of them in my daily rotation!

1 Like

I have a few Modfathers, and they have been my go to tanks. But since Iā€™ve bought a few of the BFTs (for the price), Iā€™m likingā€™em more. Caddy, Iā€™m on Graingerā€™s siteā€¦do you happen to know the part # for those screwsā€¦or better yet the 3/16?
I was looking at theseā€¦but theyā€™re blackā€¦Set Screws

2 Likes

No unfortunately I donā€™t. The black ones are what I have but I donā€™t think m3 will workā€¦ Needs to be No.4-48. Iā€™ll look and see if I can find them real quickā€¦

hereā€™s what Iā€™d getā€¦

#5WJX8

Try that part numberā€¦ It wonā€™t let me post a link from my phoneā€¦

Thanks Caddy!! I ended up going with theseā€¦let me know if ya need any, Iā€™ll send ya a few.

How did they work for you?