% on concentrates when finding a new mix

So one I’ve taste tested and found so many drops of this and that make a good mix…How do I calculate 1-2-3 drops of this or that to the % when calculating a recipe? Thanks!

1 Like

First you have to find out what volume your “drops” are. It’s just math (:disappointed:) after that

1 Like

If you want to make consistent quality recipes you should spend the $25 and get a scale. Mixing with drops is very inconsistent. At the very least you should use syringes to measure out your mixes.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response…I’m not mixing by drops…I found a you tube video on how to taste test concentrates by drops…Not sure if there is a better way? But I was trying to figure how to make those drops a larger ratio number so when I find the right combination I can calculate the recipe…If that makes sense.?

What is this method you speak of?

I found a you tube video…https://youtu.be/v9cZNTb7d10

I’ll try to remember to watch it later. Sadly I’m running low on my battery

"So one I’ve taste tested and found so many drops of this and that make a good mix…How do I calculate 1-2-3 drops of this or that to the % when calculating a recipe? Thanks!"
If you wanted to make 1ml of this base flavoring: (20 drops/ml)
12 drops PB
6 drops ET
2 drop CC------------------------All equal a ratios of 2, 1/2, 1/3
Or
2%,4%,8%
1%,2%, etc,
0.33% etc,

To calculate a flavor base you take the [number of drops]/[total drops] for each flavor…
so if you had 1 drop flavor1 and 3 drops flavor2:
1+3=4
1/4=0.25 and then 0.25100=25 (or 25%)
3/4 =0.75 then .75
100=75 (%)

with some additional calculations you can proportionately reduce the base percentages to actual recipe

@Brotherbob1
Over on the recipe side upper right corner, user tab, drop down, hit preferences. Here you can change from drops to ML. Working taster batches in 10ml I set it for drops until I’m done in small scale then change back to ML for the 30ML batches and bigger when I’m working by weight in both base and flavors.
https://e-liquid-recipes.com/user/update
That should hit the page. Just what I’ve worked out changing from drops to ml. Took me some getting used to but the system switches to either for you at the click of a button.