One on One Flavorings

So what flavors do you use ?
All caps
Marshmallow
Cream ? ( sweet ? )
Vanilla which one

As always got carried away. I went with sugar cone 3%, vanilla bean ice cream tpa 4%, Bavarian cream 1%, FA caramel 1.5%, inw biscuit 0.5 %. Made a 5 ml of sugar cone standalone at 3%.

1 Like

Oh and 1% FA almond

2 Likes

In this mix which is just a test sample of 4 mls I taste a sugar cone with a vanilla . The vanilla butternut from FW is very different than LA’s version. FW’s has it that it taste similar to pancakes at lower % and when used at 8 or above it taste just like pancakes. I used it to push more of the " fried toasty buttery note " up in the OOO flavors and it came out nice as a shake n vape. Max vg of course :wink:

test cone

Ingredient %
Beignets (OOO) 2.27
Sugar Cone (OOO) 3.5
Vanilla Butternut (FW) 2.27

Flavor total: 8.03%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

I think I’ll name it buttered sugar cones because that what it comes off as not in your face sugar cone. I have a feeling the beignets flavor helped the sugar cone out. Sugar cone is coming off as a waffle to my nose when smelled off the bottle but I get it coming through this mix at 3% nicely.

Solace that doesn’t look bad at all it just mean that it’ll have to steep at least 2 1/2 weeks d/t the VBIC

2 Likes

Yep. Put that one back for at least a week lol. I get the waffle scent too. Going to try and figure out an almond type biscuit with this. I was thinking sugar cone, almond (FA of course), flv crunch cereal and maybe FW Butter pecan.

1 Like

Do you by chance have Marzipan FA it is Almond Paste and lends more of a bakery note than just the almond. You can use the two together as well.

1 Like

I do, good shout.

1 Like

How is the rice pudding??

I use Marzipan instead of Almond always.

2 Likes

Currently - Capella Marshmallow. Cream Fresh TPA. Vanilla Classic TPA.

My new ones are Fresh Cream FA, Marshmallow FA, Vanilla Whipped Cream.

I tested the Unicorn Milk recipe with the new ones today - OMG Delicious!

1 Like

I wasn’t aware TPA had a cream fresh or a Vanilla Classic ? Are you sure you don’t mean Sweet cream TFA and Vanilla Bourbon TFA ? Not trying to be mean but I wanted to try your blend so I wanted to get the right flavors. You say your using these at 1% each.

Can you double check for me.

Hi Amy, I thought Signature was TPA and TFA. They used to call themselves the Perfumers Apprentice and changed it to flavor apprentice? (Errr at least I thought?)

Signature is EXC’s name for their rebottled Perfumer’s/Flavor Apprentice. The parent company is Perfumer’s Apprentice and the flavor side of it is Flavor Apprentice. We use TPA. When you see FA it is Flavour Art.

1 Like

That’s what I thought :slight_smile: I confused @Amy2 with my identifications of flavorings but those are what I have and what I replaced my stuff with. People also (I included until I ordered both) get confused with Cream Fresh and Fresh Cream. They are different…they small different and act differently and are from different companies.

1 Like

It doesn’t help that a lot of other places use FA for Flavor Apprentice and that Flavour Art tends to change the names of their flavors at the drop of a hat! LoL. Oh and not to mention that companies rebottle and rename flavors and sometimes the name of the flavor. I’ve seen FA Cream Fresh both ways depending on who sells it.

2 Likes

I think she was just saying that TFA doesn’t make a fresh cream or creme fraiche, which they don’t? So we were confused on how you got a TFA bottle that said fresh cream on it, when that isn’t in their product line.
Hmmm curious :wink:

1 Like

Lol I’m still confused…so you use a Signature ( which is still TPA/TFA=same company)
the only creams they make are whipped cream and sweet cream then there are many DX versions as well as Vanilla Cream varieties i.e. gelato, french vanilla cream, vanilla bean ice cream ect.

when you get time can you reply with the vendor and the % that you use to make your base , I am curious since you said you put it in 90% of your recipes…I am a big fan of making flavor bases bc it cuts down on overall pg usage and %s really.

example
Marshmallow Caps 1%

And yes the bottling and rebottling of Flavor companies is so annoyingly over complicated unnecessarily so !

1 Like

OK you guys…now I have confused everyone. Before I begin the following diatribe, I will tell you all as my fellow vape family, I do love you all but am having a bad day.

I was being lazy and did not want to pull all the bottles of flavorings out and identify them with “exactly” what was on the bottle.(apologize) That would have meant finding and identifying 8 bottles of liquid.

When I said TPA, (or TFA) I meant TPA/TFA and Signature. (Reason why is my understanding was they all came from the same manufacturer)

In my defense - they do change names on these flavorings, make a version 2 and some of these bottles are many months old.

Also, I buy my flavors from both ECX and Wizard Labs which I think most folks know when they arrive in the mail come in completely different looking bottles :slight_smile:

Also in my defense (:stuck_out_tongue::cold_sweat::scream:) (lol) I had a root canal at 9:00 AM EST this morning and left the dentist chair feeling like I had been waterboarded, stabbed in the face and tazered by a bad cop with a sinus infection.

I was simply in no mental condition to accurately answer these questions. (I’m sorry)

I will pull the bottles and write “exactly” what I used before and what I’m using now.

Hugs and kisses,

Maureenie

2 Likes

Thank you JoJo… :hibiscus:I just didn’t want to pull all 8 bottles out of the drawers, I was busy.

Ouch sorry for the root canal pain. I know that pain all too well. I say exactly ( what you used ) because you and I both know if I use something else them I’m not going to achieve the same effect as you. No need to apologize and whenever your feeling better and ready it is up to you if you want to share your base recipe. Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery.