One on One Tasting Notes

50/50 Strawberry Ice Cream Bar (OOO) 7% (2-10-18) – This one nailed it OUT of the gate @ 7%. The SB was on point, and the Ice Cream was right there in the mix too. 50/50 is about right. Even pairing of both of them with neither leading. Now I don’t think the Ice Cream will come up to the level of LB VIC, but it’s good none the less in this mix. With such an even pairing with nothing off-putting or overshadowing the two, will have to go with 9/10 easy on this one.

10 Likes

Lemon Pound Cake (OOO) 7% (2-10-18) – Out of the gate WOW !!! Talk about an all in one SF, this is one of them. Lemon, sweet, tart, and cake ALL there, no fuss no muss. This one was very good, full, and complete as is. Surprisingly close to Dinner Lady Lemon Tart minus some of the lemon tart, and more cake. Going to finish this tester for sure. 10/10 without hesitation.

13 Likes

Happy Rancher (Strawberry) (OOO) 7% (2-11-18) – Working through the SB pack, moved onto this one. It had the SB notes I’ve grown used to from OOO, and it had a nice candy base in the mix. The SB was more laid back than some of the OOO SB’s but the candy base element picked up the slack. Perhaps a hint of sour, but overall a good, full mix. Perhaps not my personal fav. but for it’s name, it was a good 8.5/10.

11 Likes

Tiramisu (OOO) 7% (2-11-18) – Who vapes Tiramisu @ 7% as a SF ??? This guy. OK, as a SF this one was not a great vape, somewhat strong, but dammit, it had EVERY single element you want in a Tiramisu. Cake, coffee, brandy, chocolate !!! It’s all in there. I believe this is one of those times wherein just because you don’t enjoy a flavor as a SF, doesn’t mean it’s not great. Wouldn’t do it as a stand alone, but man, what you could do with this in a mixing setting is powerful. 9.5/10.

13 Likes

Strawberry Souffle (OOO) 7% (2-11-18) – Clearly OOO has the SB down pat, and this one was no different. Great SB flavor, but the “souffle” just wasn’t working for me. You’re mileage will vary, so you should try but it had a rather off taste to it. You can tell where they were trying to go with it, but something just wasn’t right with the souffle for me. Leaving it a 3/10.

11 Likes

Cinnamon Roll (OOO) 7% (2-11-18) – WOW. Outta the gate WOW. 4 vapes and I can already write a review for this one. GREAT !!! Talk about capturing a Cinnabon, this is it. And surprisingly NOT overly sweet. Might even benefit from a little sweetener. Smelling the bottle revealed an interesting choice of cinnamon. Very nice and full on the inhale, with the breadiness, and cinnamon sugar on the exhale. Might use a lil butter, but with no dik’s not sure how they’d do that. If you like cinnabons you’ll love this. 10/10.

14 Likes

Thank you for all the reviews! Been looking at these for a while, good to see some feedback. I really appreciate the time you have invested :slight_smile:

Very tempted…but I have committed to using my current flavors before adding more. I’m putting them on my shopping list for future though.

Have you tried the Orange 50/50 bar yet, and if so what did you think?

7 Likes

Thank you @MysticRose I wish I had to the time to do more indepth (like yours) reviews, but having little time, and so many to do, just kind of have to put up the quick thoughts, and move on.

I know you know how much time and effort these SF reviews take. Sadly I have NOT tried the orange bar, and JUST placed another RF order because of the feebie / .90 per tester sale. I may have to ADD that one, because I suuuuuuure love me some orange bar. I love your flavor reviews, and look forward to seeing MORE of them. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Strawberry Candy Rocks (Fizz) (OOO) 7% (2-11-18) – This one I didn’t know what to expect, and it turned out to be pretty good. The tried and true OOO SB with a much lighter finish. It’s almost as if they threw in some champagne or white grape (it doesn’t taste like either, but for an idea of how it tastes). Lighter, slightly sweeter SB. It did have a lingering taste in the mouth, probably from the addons to the SB. Overall, not bad, and placing it squarely at a 8/10.

10 Likes

Apple Granny Smith (OOO) 7% (2-11-18) – This was a good granny smith apple vape. Plenty of green apple, medium sweetness, and some tart thrown in for good measure. Inhale/exhale about the same, although it got somewhat thin on the exhale. Seemed to be rather one dimensional at times, but nothing off putting. Due to the lack of depth, would leave it at 6.5/10.

10 Likes

Been hunting a Tiramisu, thanks! Great timing.

4 Likes

Thank you. I probably won’t be doing any for awhile. Since I have so many flavors to use, it’s going to be awhile before getting more.

I think I have 4 left that has been waiting and is probably too late to review, I think they’ve been steeping for 10 weeks or so. So I will probably just put notes on my flavor list on those.

But I am keeping up with all of you guys and making lists for when I need more flavors :slight_smile: I have a feeling it will be a big list by then!

7 Likes

@MysticRose I think I’ve heard that somewhere before …

:wink:

5 Likes

mwahahahahaha! It’s working too. I’ve only spent $28 in the last 7 months or so and those were for I refuse to mix without flavors…Like replenishing ADV flavors… I’m pretty proud of myself :smiley:

9 Likes

Thanks to all for the information in this thread, it’s very helpful.

4 Likes

Strawberry (Ripe) (OOO) 7% (2-18-18) – It’s no secret that OOO has their SB’s down pat. This seems to be their great, baseline SB. Somewhat sweet, a hint of tart, and loaded with a great SB. Does have a touch of ripe to it, and as with most of OOO’s SB’s it has a jam quality to it, so not a pure-ist’s SB Ripe, but very good. As a “just strawberry” would easily go 10/10, but as a “ripe” would have to pull back to an 8.5/10 because of the jammy quality to it. WILL finish the tester on this one.

14 Likes

Cornbread (OOO) 7% (2-23-18) – I don’t do a ton of Corn mixes, and have occasionally went to heavy with AP and been abused with los fritos, so I was curious and reluctant to try this one. WOW, was I wrong. This one at 7% was not overpowering at all (might even try it at 10%), had a very nice “shade” of corn, with some sweet, buttery-ness, and a hint of creaminess. WOW. Not at all what I was fearful of. Very nice cornbread. Can’t find anything wrong with this one, and am trying to to think up some good uses for this little gem. If you want a cornbread, this one will do it for you. 10/10.

13 Likes

Strawberry Shortcake (OOO) 7% (2-23-18) – Yet another SB variant from OOO to test. This one deviated from many of my previous (OOO) SB’s and had a much lighter, somewhat sweeter finish. I think they did a perfect job of capturing the strawberry glaze/drizzle that you find in many shortcakes. The shortcake was there, but lower in the mix. I could stand for it to be 25% stronger. There is almost a lower creamy note in there as well, which helps to tie it all together. If they’d boosted the shortcake note I’d have to go with a 10/10, but because it was lower in the mix, can only lower it to 9/10.

13 Likes

Apple Pie (Cinnamon) (OOO) 7% (2-23-18) – My favorites in the Apple Pie arena are FA Apple Pie, and FLV Apple Pie Filling for perspective. This one didn’t really impart any pie to me, but quite a bit of apple. The cinnamon rather eluded me as well, although I swore it was in there. The apple(s) were quite bright, almost too bright for a pie, much like Fuji. I did keep getting some sort of another note, maybe a spice of some kind, but couldn’t identify it. Because of the true lack of pie and crust, almost strange-ish apple(s), and missing cinnamon, really not a fan of this one. The mystery note on exhale is rather strange as well, almost wintergreen-ish maybe ?? I can’t go higher than 2.5/10 on this one.

12 Likes

Strawberry (Fresh) (OOO) 7% (2-23-18) – Having loved the OOO Strawberry (Ripe) was interested to see the difference in this one in comparison. As expected the SB was very good, full, sweet, and tasty. How it differed from the Ripe was subtle yet noticeable. This didn’t quite have the sharp punch that the Ripe had, but it did indeed have more of a freshness to it. More of a full mid body to it with almost an organic feel to it. My personal preference would be the Ripe over this, but that’s only a matter of preference. By combining the two, should prove to be a very interesting overall mix. This is even in overall taste to the Ripe, so it is solid at a 8.5/10.

11 Likes