One on One Tasting Notes

Rhubarb Crisp (OOO) 7% (2-24-18) – Not really sure what a Rhubarb Crisp is, but this one wasn’t half bad. Even mix, slightly tart, some rhubarb, and some pastry notes finishing it off. @ 7% it seemed to leave me wanting more, perhaps 10%. Nothing off putting, nothing over the top great, but a decent, well balanced vape. 6.5/10.

9 Likes

Strawberry Kiwi (OOO) 7% (2-24-18) – Rounding out the last SB in my OOO SB Sampler, this one proved to again, be another great SB flavor. The Kiwi was in there, but not overpowering with hints of it on both the inhale and exhale. As expected the overall mix / taste was brighter with the kiwi added in. Nice, light, sweet, tart with a great blending of the two. Easily 8.5/10.

9 Likes

Blueberry Cheesecake (OOO) 7% (2-28-28) – One of my ADV’s is a BC so I know what’s required. Much like OOO’s SB Cheesecake, I didn’t really get much if any cheesecake or graham crust. Lot’s of blueberry with some maybe creamy middle tones, but the overwhelming profile was just blueberry. A good blueberry, but really missing out on the cheesecake part. Similarly rated to the SBCC, this one is a tad lower @ 6/10.

9 Likes

Cake (Yellow) (OOO) 7% (2-28-18) – I think the reigning YC champ at this point is FW’s so OOO has it’s work cut out. Vaping @ 7% this was a very nice, full, somewhat sweet vape. It had the undertones of a yellow cake, but it felt like it was missing a lot of the body and cakey-ness. Not sure if this would be enough to add to a mix soley to bring YC to the table, but could def. be used in a base for it. Would def. need some help. Nice and rich, but just missing out on the key notes. Leaving this @ 7/10.

10 Likes

:sweat_smile: I was hoping some of the flavors I got would rise to the occasion. Where would you put this in a mix, down to 3% like @Bob_Bitchen did or closer to the 5% you liked? I’ve only used (OOO) Whipped Cream so far in real food, and for that it works nicely. No complaints with (OOO) Ethyl Maltol either.

Has anyone tried the Apple Flavor Extract or Bergamot (OOO) yet?

3 Likes

Where it sits in a mix is really up to you and/or the profile you want. Also will depend on your other flavors. 3% as a stand alone proved to work well.

2 Likes

Beignets (OOO) 7% (3-10-18) – I have never HAD a beignet, but NOW, I wish I had. Didn’t know what to expect, but at 7% this one REALLY hit it out of the park. VERY nice, even, full bakery with subtle, yet very present other notes. Some sweet creaminess, but a definite bakery note to this. Despite not being able to identify the supporting elements, I did have the overwhelming urge to add a splash of raspberry to this. When I remix I def. will do that, as it seems to scream for it. 10/10 with no hesitation.

11 Likes

Thank you for your hard work @SessionDrummer. Sold!

4 Likes

You’re very welcome @Leilani

3 Likes

Thank you @SessionDrummer for all your work and notes on these flavors! They are very helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you @MysticRose, and than you and @Leilani for your detailed notes and reviews as well.

3 Likes

Key Lime Pie (OOO) 7% (3-11-18) – A big fan of KLP, so waited an extra week to steep then try this one. Overall, it had many of the elements of a KLP, but it seemed to fall short. Not bad, but not stellar. Not so great as a SF, but could be worked into a base/mix. Lime was present but not overpowering with a nice sharpness to it, some hints of meringue and crust, but only hints. Seemed like if you boosted the sweetness a hair, added some crust, it might start looking better. As it stands, 6.5/10.

7 Likes

Whipped Cream (OOO) 7% (3-17-18) – Extra steep time on this one, and it turned into a deliciously light, whipped cream. Was evenly mixed, with not overly heavy cream elements or sweetness, but just enough of each. Somewhat light at 7%, but it didn’t take away from it in as a SF. Don’t think it would be a stand alone, but can see this mixing quite nicely in quite a few mixes. Stands nicely at 8.5/10.

11 Likes

Blow Popsicle (OOO) 7% (3-18-18) – This one smelled great in the bottle, and had a hard time waiting for it to steep 2 weeks. Vaping it, it seemed to loose something. The blue (rasp) element seemed heavier than the others. Def. had a popsicle overall feel to it, but it seemed that it got somewhat lost in translation. In the ball park, but wouldn’t call it great. 6/10.

7 Likes

Elephant Ears (OOO) 7% (3-18-18) – Having tried a similar titled flavor from a competitor that didn’t WOW me, didn’t have high hopes here. It kind of surprised me, as the overall mix did convey EE. @ 7% it did seem somewhat lacking, maybe even thinner than expected. Because it had all the right elements, and nothing off putting, it’s in the right direction. Seemed to be just more of a middle of the road sweetened bakery more than anything else. Maybe expecting too much @ 7%, but leaving this @ 6.5/10.

8 Likes

Chocolate Peanut Cup (OOO) 7% (3-18-18) – Anything chocolate is hard to get right, so wanted to see how OOO did it. Smelled great in the bottle, and vaping it, that continued. Chocolate notes were there without being overpowering, and the nut part of the peanut butter was there too. Almost more of a nuttyness than peanut butter, but there were hints of it. Very evenly blended, sweetness and smooth were on point. Realizing dik free flavors have their work cut out for them, and this one didn’t prove to do it bad at all. Nicely done @ 8/10.

10 Likes

Cream Soda (OOO) 7% (3-22-18) – I’m NOT a huge fan of Cream Soda, but decided to give this a try anyway. Smelled great (very close) in the bottle, but upon the first vape, I knew it wasn’t for me. Please try this yourself and decide, but for me, there was a powerful off note that threw it over the edge for me. Maybe champagne, or an attempt at carbonation/fizz, it overpowered the Cream Soda notes for me. You could detect them in the background, but were easily overpowered by the additional notes. Won’t be finishing this tester. Can’t go above 2/10.

8 Likes

Bubble Gum (OOO) 7% (3-22-18) – Another first for me, never tried a BG vape before. Smelled great in the bottle, and vaped fairly similarly. Good sweetness like you would expect, but def. not a sugar lips effect here, not overly complex, but a pretty straight forward BG. Seemed more like a Bubbalicious than a Bazooka Joe, maybe a hint of Bubble Yum. Wasn’t overly strong at 7%, but it did convey the strong points. Wished it was stronger, and didn’t get the sense that increasing the % would boost the flavor. For a first BG flavor, not too shabby. Only marking down for the perceived strength. 6/10.

8 Likes

Banana Split (OOO) 7% (3-22-18) – I assumed this one would not be good, because of the amount of elements in a BS, but was very surprised. Not a very heavy flavor overall, but still pretty good. The banana, ice cream, whipped cream, and cherry actually all came through on this one. Didn’t really get much chocolate from it, but that is almost expected, as it could/would probably run through the mix heavy. Very nice sweetness, and creaminess, with fairly dominant banana (but not overpowering) with a hint of cherry in there. Not really sure how they got this one, but they did a good job. I can almost get a little chocolate on the exhale, but if so, barely. This one actually surprised me. Could almost be a stand alone. Nothing off putting, not sickly sweet, actually, just plain good. Even though it could probably benefit from some boosting here and there, this one, as is, stands at a 9.5/10.

9 Likes

Key Lime Pie (OOO) 7% (4-1-18) – Due to a testing backlog, this one steeped for over a month before testing. After a month, it faded into a non descript sweetish, somewhat bakery-ish blend. Citrus fade is not unheard of and may have happened with this one. No real lime present, no cracker crust to speak of, maybe the one surviving element could have been the meringue, but even that is questionable. May have to re-test this one with a much shorter steep. As it stands, @7% and steeping for over a month, would have to rate this low @ 2/10.

8 Likes