Optimum pg/vg ratio for Kangertech Subtank nano

Hi everyone,
I have a question regarding my atomizer based on the fact that i just started to do my own e-liquids.
I have a Kangertech nano subtank and I use it with a 1.2Ohm resistance. Battery is an Eleaf istick TC40W. I usually us it around 12-12.5 watts.
I was wondering if there is an optimum ratio of pg/vg DIY e-liquids that the above specifications work the best. I want to raise the VG content compared to the one that I was using with was 70pg/30vg. currently i made a 30ml batch of strawberry cream based on New Amsterdam recipe but with a 50/50 ration for a start.
Thanks in advace

Normally the 50/50 ratio may be best or 60pg/40vg to help avoid dry hits/better wicking. When you go higher than that wicking is slower.

4 Likes

What he said :point_up:

2 Likes

Well, I would use all VG, 5% Distilled water and 1% Vodka for a base. But that’s just me. I’ve never had a single snap, crackle pop in any tank I’ve ever used with this base.

1 Like

thanks everyone. wishes for a nice weekend :slight_smile:

1 Like

well never used the nano version…
though in my collection i have 2x protank 5, subtank mini and toptank mini… while they all use the same atomizers as nano does…

imho, up to 70/30 VG/PG there is no problem at all… since the juice holes are large enough to drain the juice even with thick juices…

if you’re using the the RBa… ehrm… some rba’s are coming with large holes (like 3mm or a lil wider) and some other are coming with like 1.5mm diameter… my subtank had large holes on the RBA… but my toptank came with 2 tiny holes and i had problem with thick juices… i was getting one dry hit after the other no matter how much or less wick i was adding inside. the solution came up when i got the drill and widened the holes at 3mm… it works wonder now :slight_smile:

gl and hf :slight_smile:

2 Likes

did you make both holes bigger ??? i just did the same thing to a rba last week ( kangertech rba plus ) and just doing it to the one side helped a lot

yep… i made them bigger on both sides… i couldn’t do something else unfortunately on that rba…

i vape only 70/30 VG/PG up to 90/10 vg/pg only unfortunately and with those tiny holes i had no luck at all no matter how much wick i was putting inside…it was unusuable unfortunately… so i made 3mm holes on both sides as i said (based on the first RBA i had from Subtank) and it works great atm :slight_smile:
anyway this isn’t much of a risk…
if you blow up with it… you can buy a new rba :slight_smile:
for me worked the best case scenario… it works great :slight_smile:

1 Like

i was in the same boat , instill have a kgox mini i like to use , and about three rbas but they were horrible always got dry hits and couldnt vape over 20w so i drilled hole on one side to see if it helped , which it did ill drill hole in other side as well ty

1 Like