Pairs and šŸ pears, and pairings

Often looked over as a main note in many receipts, and usually used as a back up to make your flavor more complete, how do you use them and what flavor house do you prefer to mix with? I know that thereā€™s many variables to this Question and preferences, but would like to know what others think, I personally donā€™t use it as a main flavor, but I think it has a lot of use in mixes, to create texture and to fill voids, whatā€™s some of your favorite uses for pears?

5 Likes

I canā€™t believe I donā€™t own any Pear flavors! Following this one.

5 Likes

This is a simple but really nice pear recipe

Iā€™ve got TPA pear and FA pear. Personally I prefer TPA, FA pear has a bit more rind to it.

5 Likes

I have few Tfa and Inw, maybe a few more, have to look, for myself it seems to be a great match for fruit and especially apples, to round them out, and fill in empty gaps that actually adds some volume. it does pair well with coconut also, unfortunately I have not found many really good coconuts with the exception of FLV sweet coconut, most of them give me a suntan lotion vibe, especially TFA, I prefer there regular or candy myself over the Extra.

5 Likes

My first mix i ever tried was a attempt of a pear almond pie. Mind you I didnā€™t knew nothing about anythingā€¦

Bought (FA) pear and did wonder why people only use it as additive, thinking Iā€™m on to something, I made 2 batches.

One at 1.5% and one at 2.5%, well let me make this shortā€¦ It was clear why people would use this one as additive only.

That was my first and last occasion with pears, I did try the flavour art pear much later on at various percentage but unless itā€™s used as additive in my opinion it sucks. But maybe people love vaping perfume so if thatā€™s somebody enjoys ā€¦ Get (FA) pear lol

4 Likes

Great authenticity at .5%-.75%

5 Likes

Yeah I have that one too, I agree with you, it may have a use in a receipt, but it is definitely not a flavor to use over 1-2% , I also find it out of place if used that high, my only guess is whenever something is that out of place is itā€™s either a bad flavor or over useage. I like to find a happy medium with lows mids and top note with out distracting from the main profile I shooting for, in many times as they steep and even out, their more tolerable, for the most part if I get florals from fruit I try it at 3/4 or1/2 of what I initially used.

3 Likes

I donā€™t think there is a MF that I have ever tried that has been bad, but I never ventured into the honeyā€™s, I have many of their flavors and have great results in due time, and I give them the due time because they are$$$ but worth every penny.

2 Likes

Sorry thought you were talking about MF not Nf, I have no flavors from them yet, but may have to give them a try I love coconut, but not so much on the flavors for vaping that I tried, I guess some just donā€™t translate to as easily as otherā€™s.

3 Likes

Worth a try if you need some flavors. diyvs has a huge selection of brands. At $1.95 itā€™s an easy add-on to give it a shot. Works great for me, no suntan oil effect.

4 Likes

There is a MF coconut, and I have it also, just havenā€™t done much with it, and have never gave it the single flavor test yet, guess I will have to do that soon

2 Likes

Definitely! High chance of greatness. You probably already know, but, start low!

3 Likes

I had a receipt that had Inw pear, oba oba, ylang ylang, oakwood, that I thought was really good and way different than than expected. I will have to go back to my older notebooks for it, It was one of the first that I made that I felt really happy with, and was way different than what was the normal. If I can find it And anyone is interested I will post dig it up.

3 Likes

My main usage of pear is to sweeten fruit mixes and make them more juicy. I tried a few different, but mostly sticking with FA for now, but been looking at trying VTA which is a brand that makes my expectations grow each and every order i make including some of their flavors.

I have a few times tried to use pear as main note and actually did like it a lot, so not sure why i dont return to that more often.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply, Out of a very large amount of favors, and companies, VTA is totally new territory for me, I am certain I will have to get some of them sooner than later, as I write this, and am more ashamed to say, I am looking at more than 570 flavors from just about every manufacturer, with the exception of OOO, VTA, Delosi, or WF, if you know the best ones to try, that bring new great offerings, that other companies canā€™t come close too, I would very much like to check it out, Thanks again.

5 Likes

Since i first tried a few of their flavors, i wanted to order flavors just for testing once again without being recommended, because they produce overall great flavors. I have tried 29 of their flavors this far and only very very few has been disappointing me, which is their snake fruit and chai masala. Snake fruit might be useful if you want some sour/acidic juice that smells like puke. The Chai masala was nothing like i hoped for, way too sharp, the ginger, cardamom, clove and cinnamon is not very well balanced in it IMO.

Those that i can highly recommend from what i have tried is:
Blueberry Jam (Sweet) (VTA)
Devon Cream (VTA)
Glazed Strawberries (VTA)
Guava (VTA)
Honey Pomelo (VTA)
Pudding Base (VTA)
Shisha Mango (VTA)
Sugar Cane (VTA)
Sugarloaf Pineapple (VTA)
Sweet Raspberry (VTA)
Toffee Ice Cream (VTA)
White Chocolate (VTA)

Their Shisha Mango and Pudding Base are must have flavors IMO.

Edit: I can see i made i mistake on the White Chocolate which is White Chocolate Base (VTA)

6 Likes

Very interesting, thanks, there is a whole lot of hype on some thatā€™s always totally subjective, but when you find ones that are great for mixing especialy with playing well with others. That has a lot to do with it, I Realized that with some of the RF that they might be good, but they donā€™t have the ability to last and stand up to a good steep, and that leads me to another thead of do we need to add flavors after a steep of a base. I will save that one for the next thread.

2 Likes

Yeah there is a lot of hype at the moment but well deserved IMO. However, i know that such things are very subjective and things can be overhyped or just far from what my liking is. Good example was NV27 (oneshot at chefsflavours) which was overhyped if you ask me, and a flavor profile that is far from what i expect that most people like globally.

What i like about VTA beside them generally tasting good is that they are very easy to work with, while they are fairly concentrated. But their flavors blend very well without easily overtaking recipes and things like that.

There is some topic on the matter of mixing method related to delaying adding some thing. Personally i might consider it with a few flavors, but as an overall method it is probably not one that i would use/support because it just overcomplicate things. We are already having so many other variables, i dont feel the need for complicate things even further, so if flavors is as such as they would require to be added doing steep time, it is likely not a flavor i would care to work with unless it really impressed me.

5 Likes

Yes. Pear mf is pretty good. It pairs up well with fa. I would describe pear mf just like kiwi mf. Has all the partsā€¦the meat of the fruit and the skin. Very natural

4 Likes

To me the easyier the better, when it comes to mixing itā€™s always fun to find something that is very simple, taste great, has a preferably low flavor ratio, but bursting with flavor, too many times Itā€™s been over complicated.

4 Likes